Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don’t think Soul Charge would need buffing if they brought back Brave Edges. It would work like with Geralt and Yoshi where you spend a small amount of meter on a brave edge, or u can spend the full meter on Soul Charge for unlimited brave edges until it’s over.

20190809211400_1.jpg

I call this "Serpent Queen Cassandra!"

@FluffyQuack I still find it bizarre how Lesser Lizardman’s weapons work. FF is Hand Ax and 00 is Lunatic and 01 is Boned Meat. But in creation mode they appear as they should. Something else I’ve noticed is with the latest patch, that if you have a CaS using the style and you go to edit it, it gets stuck on the “Downloading” error message. Not sure how you did what you did, just started watching when you were already doing Lizardman moves. But it is neat to know the characters have these animations. A hint as to their development process, perhaps? I hope you’re archiving this so I can get back and see what I’ve missed.

Imagine how much more amazing this screen will look with the season 2 dlc styles added! I do think it's interesting how they denote Amy's style as a small rapier and Cassandra's style as a SHIELD and sword style. So they definitely emphasize her shield more in this iteration
Screenshot (477).png

Last edited:
@FluffyQuack I still find it bizarre how Lesser Lizardman’s weapons work. FF is Hand Ax and 00 is Lunatic and 01 is Boned Meat. But in creation mode they appear as they should. Something else I’ve noticed is with the latest patch, that if you have a CaS using the style and you go to edit it, it gets stuck on the “Downloading” error message. Not sure how you did what you did, just started watching when you were already doing Lizardman moves. But it is neat to know the characters have these animations. A hint as to their development process, perhaps? I hope you’re archiving this so I can get back and see what I’ve missed.
Yeah, I'll be archiving the stream. I archive every stream which is of note.

By the way, this is the stuff I discovered:

Raphael: His old idle stance (fun fact, Azwel and Amy also have it).

Azwel: A ton of Raphael animations.

Amy: A ton of Raphael animations. And I'm pretty sure all of Viola's animations are there too.

Grøh: A bunch of Yun-Seong animations.

Geralt: A ton of Mitsurugi animations.

Inferno: A ton of Siegfried and Nightmare stuff. Nightmare's SC3 idle stance. One Cervantes animation.

Lesser Lizardman: A lot of Kratos stuff. Some Pyrrha animations. A lot of Sophitia animations.

Cassandra: She has the craziest set of animations. A lot of Sophitia animations. A bunch of Pyrrha animations. A few Patroklos moves (I think those are actually used, but if you cycle to them you can see them ending with Patroklos' idle stance). Some Tekken animations. Some moves where her shield flies in nonsensical ways. A move where she runs like a panther! Yeah, there's weird stuff there.

I also checked out Xianghua, 2B, and Kilik, but I found nothing of note for those.

I might try to record a video showing the weirdest stuff I found.

What the hell do these animations even mean though? Like they reclycled through the Namco library of animations looking for stuff for the characters?

What the hell do these animations even mean though? Like they reclycled through the Namco library of animations looking for stuff for the characters?
It seems very likely that they used a certain list of animations as a base, reusing some of them, modifying others, leaving the originals in for comparison’s sake during testing. It would have been more efficient to delete the unused animations, but maybe it broke coding or something if they did remove them.

It still makes me salty that they left 1/4th or half of a full character in with data indicating they were meant to be playable. Hopefully one day Lizardman or Aeon will actually be in the game to soothe my OCD. I hate that he has his own exclusive weapon icon but he’s unplayable!
61974630-3125-424D-976E-7280D01BDA7D.jpeg

Not only that, but he’s got an unused weapon in Boned Meat!! Why is it there if no one uses it?! I’ve only seen the NPCs with Hand Ax (Iron Hatchet) and Lunatic.

I hope that Season 2 will influence some of the offline content too. Playing Libra of Souls with such a small stage selection sucks. It would be nice if some of the variants make their way into that as well.

Also, I'm not sure if they have really made AI custom characters who use Amy and Cassandra's style in libra. Hopefully that changes one day

Back