Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

All chapters which Luna appears have the title of moon and Luna in latin/spanish means moon. She is the moon.:sc5vio1:

Last edited:
I’ve been enjoying myself with the special character feature by entering kanji into everyone’s names. One of the things I really appreciate is that I was able to give The Klessirpemdo their titles such as “the fires of hell, water of origin.” But... Luna doesn’t have one, and I wanted to make on up. I was going with Zangetsu for a day but I’m questioning why someone named after the moon would cut the moon? And then realized that I can’t find the meaning of The Klessirpemdo anywhere. So does anyone really know what that means because it will probably clue me in on a title for Luna.
月姫 - tsukihime - moon princess

I remember hearing from the developer stream that they would try and get EVO on saturday for Calibur.

Doesn't that basically confirm SCVI for EVO for 2020?

Few interesting infos and what to take away from stream:

- 2 or more news moves for each characters (except Inferno)

- Season 2 will be trying to broaden options, but not totally change direction or anything that drastic.

- Listening to comments about the RE messing with the pace

- SC mid combo coming?

- So for stages it's seems to be like: variations of existing stages + 2 brand new stages (Hao Maru's one and another one)

- Considering improving Online

- They talked a lot about Evo and their favorite moments, Okubo want and hope to make SC6 at Evo Sunday

This is what I was looking for. EVO 2020 looks very likely!

late but....

scvi_dlc.png

tumblr_pmxw7muk5U1sydrxq_540.gif

: )

How would yall feel about Kasumi from DOA being a guest for SC?
Kasumi is fine as far as guests go, but I would much rather have an SC character than a guest. I'm guessing we'll get a guest for hypothetical S3, I would rather Kasumi than most characters. My only choice other than her would be a character from fire emblem. To ride off success of Three Houses, Dimitri or Edelgard would be a good choice. We have yet to see a Lance or non grapple axe user. Otherwise I'd rather stick to SC veterans.

I'd rather have Dampierre. :sc5dam1:
I non-ironically want Dampierre.

For me, they never left. I've remade them in every game that's followed. You can see my SoulCalibur VI versions in my thread.
This is the first game I had enough space to include them. I still have my future cast as well and made future versions of them returning into the story to protect Luna’s child.

I guess i should also say, Kasumi as a guest would be cool just to get more of a crowd to pay attention to SC.

I wouldnt want her as a guest cus i think 2 are enough but Idk i wish this game didnt seem as unknown about as it is. At least thats my expieriance within my town. Everyone knows about the gamecube version of SC2 and thats about it.

A fire emblem character would be great for DLC. Before three houses, I always assumed Marth or Lucina would be canidates.

A fire emblem character would be great for DLC. Before three houses, I always assumed Marth or Lucina would be canidates.
While it does sound interesting, the problem is that Nintendo does not do crossplay with the other platforms. Meaning the only way we would ever get a Fire Emblem guest is if the game was ported to Switch and they’d only be available on there and no other platform.

Which would also lead to them being banned from offline events completely.

I don't want Kasumi. That being said I would have liked her more than the other guests we got.
Its mostly a case of me not wanting guests in the first place or anymore in the future, I want the old characters to get in first.

That being said, Kasumi would have been the guest that probably would have made me most happy.

I think that as DoA/Team Ninja characters go, Ryu Hyabusa makes much, much more sense as a guest character as both a thematic and pragmatic/mechanical matter. Indeed, as characters fromt hat developer (and indeed, game characters generally) go, there are few characters that are better designed to slip into SC as like a tailored glove than that character: he has 1) an appropriate aesthetic arising from games with similar graphical fidelity and realism to SC, 2) a suitable badass (in that "don't take it too seriously" vibe of fighting/action adventure games) reputation, 3) a varied selection of moves from numerous games that could easily be synthesized into a Soulcalibur moveset that would work within the franchie's dynamics, 4) a "power level" roughly commiserate with what you find with SC characters 5) a primary focus as a weapons fighter (more so in Ninja Gaiden than DoA), 6) an established fanbase that makes him an attractive choice for cross-promotion, particularly if it was timed relative to a Ninja Gaiden or DoA release, and 7) arises from a series with lore of a similar level of seriousness that allows for him to just be plucked up by one of those classic roving portals that seem to dump most guests into Caliburland (although it could just as easily be one of his ancestors fighting with his style, another classic conceit for getting characters from other franchises in).

So yeah, that's my guess about who will come over if there's ever a cross-promotion effort between DoA and SC--though its worth noting I've never heard of so much as a whisper regarding communication between the Namco and Tecmo (or the dev teams) on such a thing. However, I would happily take Kasumi instead, as I think her design with regard to her fighting style is actually a little inspired. Ayane is another character who would work well in the SC formula, and its worth noting that she is actually becoming noted for showing up numerous franchises--she has appeared in at least FIVE to date: in addition to her "home" series of DoA, there's Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors, Fatal Frame, and Senran Kagura. In three of those franchises (DoA, Ninja Gaiden, and Dynasty Warriors) she has appeared in multiple games, and she shows up in cameos in still others: after Ryu, she is arguably TN's most recognizable character. So i think she's another one to watch as a possible candidate if there was ever a DoA guest projected.

Last edited:
Back