Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

About Korean SC characters i think Mina is the most safe to be in the cast, also i can see them add one other alongside her as Korean aka Yun or Hwang, but i honestly don't think both will make it in, in the launch roster at least, nothing guarantee but if they plan to add like 6-8 characters after launch chances will be then non negligible for the 3rd korean to be in (and it will be most most likely Hwang as i think he's the less popular in the trio). Of course all this is just my own speculation about the korean SC characters.

SoulCalibur VI Maxi Battle Director comments (translated by Wonkey):

"Wielding his Nunchaku, Maxi fights his opponents close range and can continuous attack the opponent by flowing in and out attacks with his 7 stances named after the stars in the Big Dipper constellation.

Since SC6 introduces a powerful defense tool in Reversal Edge, Maxi can shift into a different stance with an additional input after attacks or stop briefly to enter a 'Pure Soul Loop' stance.

All attacks done after a stance switch from a Pure Soul Loop will now get powered up this time around. 'Attack~Stance Switch~Loop~Attack' Flow like that in battle to catch the opponent off guard like in a Kung fu movie "

not too impressed with maxi's moves so far , it looks like they kept most of his SC5 moves rather than going back to sc1/2 moves ; i hope we get a complete movelist analysis because so far i dont see much.

So it’s June. Talim’s Birthday is in June. E3 is in June. This like literally the best time to announce my girl is back.

i dont understand why people love Talim so much ;/ When I play SC with friends NO ONE is picking her! She is so generic character, with no charisma, always smiling and irritates me. Beside having really cool style and weapon

I kinda agree with you, and you actually answered your question xD it's the same reason why people like Amy, style + weapon, and generic stereotypes always work. Just look at Mitsu :p

I'am trying to sum up and cross all my information before E3 and I will try to give you hints about the release date and the last char. But for sure, it seems that E3 reveals will be big.
Big in what way? A realease date + 2 characters big? :p

I think SC6 will be in either Sony or MS press conference with a Story mode trailer + release date. I think it's gonna be too hype and we should expect some dope stuff, especially with that last Okubo Tweet.

I remember Maximilian flirting with the idea with a CGI trailer being prepared, but quickly went from "from what I've heard" to "what I think it needs". So maybe we will be getting something along those lines, while I do think 3 characters + a new one would be marketing genius "look 6 months later and here we are." I dunno if it is possible, although each new reveal makes me think, at least in game even if not completed, all the slots are filled and they are just releasing trailers.

Also....isn't June pride month? Damn Maxi being gayer and gayer.

Last edited:
i dont understand why people love Talim so much ;/ When I play SC with friends NO ONE is picking her! She is so generic character, with no charisma, always smiling and irritates me. Beside having really cool style and weapon

Funny I saw a comment on Youtube that said pretty much the same thing in reply to someone saying they wanted Talim back and said that they should bring Setskua back instead because nobody used Talim online. Which is sort of true I rarely saw a Talim online all that much but at least I saw her a few times unlike Setsuka who I never saw online back in SC4.

I'm not sold on that whole sc6 project, so far only the early reveals have been deeply scrutnized and tested for the rest it's been mostly a lot of cutscenes and cinematics display and very little actual gameplay showcase. This quite worrying since the little we've seen is basically a lot of old sc4/sc5 being reintroduced in new package. And instead of seriously analyzing the footage most people here are taking a bite of this hype cake. It's really like Namco is throwing a lot of candys around to lure the kids and most fall in the trap. It's gonna take much more wisdom around and some people better start asking the cook what's actually in the cake before eating it; cutscenes and cinematics don't make actual gameplay.

not too impressed with maxi's moves so far , it looks like they kept most of his SC5 moves rather than going back to sc1/2 moves ; i hope we get a complete movelist analysis because so far i dont see much.

From what I saw in the Maxi Reveal Trailer

Maxi's SCIV 11_77A ~ a new B ~ BL
Maxi's SCVI BL B was his SCIV RO B
Maxi's SCVI BL B ~ LO BK
Maxi's SCIII & IV 44AB ~ RO ~ PSL ~ BL B(Lethal Hit) ~ Maxi's SCVI LO AAA
The 1st hit of Maxi's SCVI LO A was Maxi's SCV RC A.
Soul Charge CH 6AAB ~ BL KK
The 3rd hit of Soul Charge CH 6AAB was Maxi's SCIII & IV 6A+B.

I take you haven't followed many fighting games development cycles, in fact any game development cycle, there is simply no way the company can show everything being done to the game at all times, it is standard to announce a character show a little bit of it's gameplay and keep moving on, people act as if outside of a few select games updated builds are commonplace at all times.
Also comparing SCIV/V is like comparing night and day, both games are different mechanically in so many ways, if your problem is with moveset being introduced again, well yes, because that is how you bring character back, not every character need a overhaul, don't fix what is not broken.

SoulCalibur VI Maxi Battle Director comments (translated by Wonkey):

"Wielding his Nunchaku, Maxi fights his opponents close range and can continuous attack the opponent by flowing in and out attacks with his 7 stances named after the stars in the Big Dipper constellation.
Neutral
RO
LO
RC
BL
LI
(seventh)

Maybe the aGI stance?

All attacks done after a stance switch from a Pure Soul Loop will now get powered up this time around.
This is awesome. Feel like the wishlist thread is being heard (or it was an obvious design decision).

Is there any comment on Maxi gaining special stance shifts/cancels during soul charge?

it's been mostly a lot of cutscenes and cinematics display and very little actual gameplay showcase.
I'm sorry, what? Have you not been following the numerous showcases at American tournaments? Final Round, Combo Breaker, Texas Showdown, and various others have had a playable demo with six characters, which the competitive community has played extensively and had very positive impressions about. Namco reps at these events have also confirmed a more complete build to be showed at CEO this month after more characters are revealed at EVO.

+1, +10, +100, +1000 likes for you

Back