Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If they want bring back Slutsuka from SC IV at least she looks like this:
1493859320063.gif

But her story arc is literally realizing that revenge does not serve anyone, and it is better to forgive, live and let live.

If something SC6 has done right is in the story parts.

Just look how awesome Amy and Cassandra stories are compared to prior.

BTW, does someone know how to reliably find the Voldo random encounter in Libra of Soul?

BTW, does someone know how to reliably find the Voldo random encounter in Libra of Soul?
Be less than level 70 (the lower the better, but definitely not 70+) and travel in the Middle East area. When your level gets too high, you keep fighting the super powerful random encounters and it drives the ones you actually want’s chances down a ton. But you have to have done the quest where you hear the rumor about and explore the Money Pit first and fight Voldo there before the random encounter will show up.

I'm more concerned about her gameplay. I'm afraid they'll follow the trend of making all characters "beginner-friendly", like they did with Hilde recently. A huge part of what makes Setsuka fun to play, imo at least, is how difficult or challenging it is to master her and her just frames.

Oh dear god, please don't let them fuck her up Okubo san.
It would be disappointing if they ended up toning down Setsuka like that. Especially since her high learning curve led to a massive payout from her moveset. To strip down both of those would be a slap in the face to the playerbase.

Be less than level 70 (the lower the better, but definitely not 70+) and travel in the Middle East area. When your level gets too high, you keep fighting the super powerful random encounters and it drives the ones you actually want’s chances down a ton. But you have to have done the quest where you hear the rumor about and explore the Money Pit first and fight Voldo there before the random encounter will show up.
Don’t forget that if you for some weird reason end up failing that fight, you’ll have to get that encounter to trigger all over again since there’s no retry option available. Luckily, it’s not that bad of a fight.

It would be disappointing if they ended up toning down Setsuka like that. Especially since her high learning curve led to a massive payout from her moveset. To strip down both of those would be a slap in the face to the playerbase.

The solution is to have perfect just frames as well that puts you at even more advantage on block or gives you more damage. That way the hardcore demographic get something out of it while still making the overall experience satisfying to pull off. I personally think the just frame window will be the size of say Geralt's or Zasalamel's just frames.

I hope Setsuka design will be closer to her SC3 1P design, which is by far her best IMO, i mean COME OOOOOOOON

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Come OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON:

setsc3cg1-jpg.4152

For the blonde part they can give her a look closer and similar to SC4's in her 3p,4p ect color, that would be awesome:

3982770787_28b8b77f4c_z.jpg

But again for the default design, Setsuka should ABSOLUTELY be base on her SC3 original design, i mean COME OOOON!!!

edc.gif

What an awesome character BTW, still can't believe we may see her back soon in SC6, almost like a dream come true!!! Setsuka has only been in 2 SC games, SC3 the broken ultra buggy game, and SC4 the worst SC gameplay wise game, thinking she may finally make it in a legit SC game is so amazing, i mean i just can't express it enough...
giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1573740182918.jpeg
    1573740182918.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 147
I hope Setsuka design will be closer to her SC3 1P design, which is by far her best IMO, i mean COME OOOOOOOON

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Come OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON:

setsc3cg1-jpg.4152

For the blonde part they can give her a look closer and similar to SC4's in her 3p,4p ect color, that would be awesome:

3982770787_28b8b77f4c_z.jpg

But again for the default design, Setsuka should ABSOLUTELY be base on her SC3 original design, i mean COME OOOON!!!

edc.gif

What an awesome character BTW, still can't believe we may see her back soon in SC6, almost like a dream come true!!! Setsuka has only been in 2 SC games, SC3 the broken ultra buggy game, and SC4 the worst SC gameplay wise game, thinking she may finally make it in a legit SC game is so amazing, i mean i just can't express it enough...
giphy.gif

Agreed with your post except the worst gameplay to me is SC5 by a longshot, which thankfully, Setsuka wasn't a part of.

Back