Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Starringrole

[09] Warrior
Has it already been mentioned that the SC4/5 music pack sounds kinda low quality?
Some of the tracks sound okay but there's a few... That sound quite bad or very low volume?

Midnight Mystique for example sounds a bit weird to me.

WindupSkeleton

[14] Master
Perhaps they don’t really give a shit about this monster of a thread anymore. Can’t say I blame them tbh.
Pretty much.

Now you've all worked this out of your system, let's get back on topic. If you have any issues with people's posts in the future use that handy Report feature because I, and other mods, have way better things to do than wade through this shit.

Dissidia

Premium Member
quote ----for "this year" we don't have dojo events.

for "this year"

hmmm

they keep talking about the 2020 SC world tour as if it's not a one and done. Obviously they want to do another one in 2021!

HackNslash

[07] Duelist
Is there any news on the upcoming patch (hot fix) there are some stuff that is starting to grate on me like Zas' BT K doesn't connect and Cervantes' A+B has like 220 track which is annoying as fuck.

It is good to know that Namco are taking the game seriously, its safe to say if all goes well there should be a season 3 so i'm gonna do my best to support new players that want to start out, i've been saving tech of characters i don't even play as just to Help out.

What things have you guys noticed about season 2 that you like, hate or just think is unnecessary?

I do hope they fix Minas 44 A+B (B) as 40/50% guard damage in beyond ridiculous.

And Zas’ 236A+B+K BT 2K (on 2/3 curses) is so cheap xD

And on another note I’ve seen a few heated discussion on this forum but I don’t like seeing bigoted nonsense, folks out here are oppressed enough, I don’t like seeing it associated with a game I adore.

GhostTear

[13] Hero
i feel like a lot of moves that usually connect are not any more. like part of my main tira combos have my opponents going away from.

HackNslash

[07] Duelist
Patch notes are up on official soulcalibur twitter page... disappointed about taking away the infinite stage I really miss those and the meadow looks so cool (even though it’s dead simple)

@GhostTear maybe you just need to find new tech or adjust old tech do you follow any pro Tira players?

Attachments

Peacock Jive

[10] Knight
Don’t “consider re-adjusting the performance of overpowered Soul Attacks”, Bamco.

Do it.

Jeez. I was legitimately Viola-combo’d by some Ivy player with that thing and I’m not here for it.

Crash X

[14] Master
Patch notes are up on official soulcalibur twitter page... disappointed about taking away the infinite stage I really miss those and the meadow looks so cool (even though it’s dead simple)

@GhostTear maybe you just need to find new tech or adjust old tech do you follow any pro Tira players?
Wow, only into week number two of the second season of Soulcalibur VI and we’re ALREADY getting another patch. New record.

JDlightside777

[06] Combatant

So I've read those patch notes but I'm confused, do they apply to the recent 2.01 patch or are they just saying what they are fixing with a later one?

genghis_chan

[12] Conqueror
yeah i think the ranked system is broken, you should not get point from low ranked players. this will only inflate the ranked system bcus its easy to get points F's become in to E's, E's become in to D's, D's become in to C's and so on... it gives less value to all ranks i think they should have kept it like it was or make a better system cus this one is wack.

KageKazenami

[11] Champion
Get rid of the points from lower ranked players by a set range and the new system is good. To a degree, they should at least give a little as sometimes the player's rank is lower than where their skill would be better suited. Just not a lot. Otherwise we're going up and down faster which is definitely more accurate. A ranked system that's just a grind without any actual penalties like we had before was lacking. So this gives at least slight meaning to rank now. Fun seeing people go up or get demoted.

HackNslash

[07] Duelist
Get rid of the points from lower ranked players by a set range and the new system is good. To a degree, they should at least give a little as sometimes the player's rank is lower than where their skill would be better suited. Just not a lot. Otherwise we're going up and down faster which is definitely more accurate. A ranked system that's just a grind without any actual penalties like we had before was lacking. So this gives at least slight meaning to rank now. Fun seeing people go up or get demoted.
Agreed as it is now there seems to be a far better reward and risk for fighting your peers.
Some lower ranks really don’t reflect skill set and consecutive wins should be rewarded too.

it is a little cheap for C and D to sponge off F and G ranks.

I still think exceptional players need an exclusive rank/title above S.
(S rank with consecutive wins) almost as if it’s a self proclaimed boss fight to add weight to the hierarchy, as points are easier now.

@JDlightside777 I’m not sure I’ll do some digging didn’t notice anything yesterday.

KageKazenami

[11] Champion
Those patch notes are a list of things due to be addressed going forward, not the recent patch. They need to be dealt with though, among other serious issues, especially the bugged out buffering system which is causing some characters and parts of their movesets to feel awful to get working. Inputs are just getting eaten where they shouldn't be and preventing what was previously functioning just fine at random. Not normally one to complain, but once movesets are bugged heavily like this and I'm dropping combos by no fault of my own, then I'm inclined to take issue with that. Especially when it's on even simple ones that I never had an issue with in Season 1.

Crash X

[14] Master
They should honestly adjust the matchmaking so we don’t have to constantly get stuck fighting the lower ranked/sprout players that have barely anything to offer and just feel like a damn speedbump. Perhaps give us the option to search for higher ranks or opponents around your rank.

And thank god they’re fixing the buffering system. No longer will random jumping dropped inputs such as 666B for a LH whiff punish become a problem.