Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

APB: Reloaded still has the best character creator I've ever seen, it's just unfortunate that something like this cost serious money to do.

How does it compare in terms of the overall number of attire options and objects? Flexability in countouring/scaling the base character model
and depth in the surface texturing and pigmenting are both great features, but I'd argue it's (at best) a wash overall if the number and variety of clothing, armor, accessories and objects is not as rich.

Last edited:
How does it compare in terms of the overall number of attire options and objects? Flexability in countouring/scaling the base character model
and depth in the surface texturing and pigmenting are both great features, but I'd argue it's (at best) a wash overall if the number and variety of clothing, armor, accessories and objects is not as rich.
Don't get me wrong, i havent played it in at LEAST four years. However, IIRC its loot based. Again, its been years and my memory has alway been terrible, so dont quote me on that. Character model wise it was incredible.

Hot take: CAS is a ridiculous dev time and money sink that inevitably hamstrings other aspects of the game that could use polish. This would only multiply if they have to redo the entire system in a new game. Likely to the point where it may not be financially viable. And I'd rather it be dropped for a next-gen SC7 if it came down to it.

@werewolfgold While I see where you're coming from, there are filthy degenerates such as myself that, after having enjoyed the story elements and ocasional online bout, have absolutely the MOST fun out of creating new characters and who enjoy that aspect of the game long, LONG after all other forms of gameplay have long lost their appeal, so I would much rather they do not drop it.

tl:dr: NO

Hot take: CAS is a ridiculous dev time and money sink that inevitably hamstrings other aspects of the game that could use polish. This would only multiply if they have to redo the entire system in a new game. Likely to the point where it may not be financially viable. And I'd rather it be dropped for a next-gen SC7 if it came down to it.
I agree that it's an enormous waste of time and money but it's too late for them to take it out of the series, unfortunately. If CAS was never in the series and they simply had better graphics, netcode, more characters and stages along with decent single player modes all at launch, I think it would sell even better than it does now.

Oh well.

I doubt they’re ever going to ever get rid of CaS given it’s popularity. But it’s understandable why some others don’t like it. Especially since certain pieces of equipment have often been used to hide their hitboxes (wing placements and thunder god drums). If anything, just disable it from ranked and make it an optional choice for casual/player match lobbies.

Only reason why they should give us old creation pieces is because they are using the same models from soulcalibur 4,5 and lost swords. Then they decided to sell us old character pieces in the dlc. So they started this mess they need to finish it.

If they make new models/graphical style whatever then they don’t need to keep porting old pieces. Tekken makes new customizable elements every game. Nobody is complaining about how Tekken 7 doesn’t have customize items from Tekken 5, 6 or tag 2

Yes people do complain lmao. T7 has the worst customization options in the series. Literally the majority of the content is ripped right from tag 2. Literally the possibilities of what could be done now compared to T6.... a major step DOWN.

I'll take less customization options if it means we finally move on from 2008 era character models.

Those bangs on cassandra and her hair looks so low res and ugh

1575750396240.png

Last edited:
Anyways I don’t play this game to ogle the character models at this point people are complaining just to fill up posts on this website.

Anyways I don’t play this game to ogle the character models at this point people are complaining just to fill up posts on this website.

SC6 is a artistic and visual step down from the prior games. It's not wrong to ask for better when you're buying a product that has had higher standards in the past.

It's not too much to ask for new models for just one game (SC7). Tekken does it for every goddamn game.

It's reasonable to expect SC7 to have new assets. Given how well SC6 has done, there's a chance the next game'll have a higher budget, plus it'll likely be a next-gen title.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a slight shift in in-game art style. Something leaning a bit more towards Kawano's style so the characters resemble their artworks more. But not so dramatic a shift that it looks like a different series, y'know?

SC6 is a artistic and visual step down from the prior games

While I would agree that it's not on par with say SC3, in terms of lighting and overall costume designs SC6 is better that SC4 and SC5. The stage selection in SC6 is the only that that is bottom tier for the series not because they're all bad, in fact they're all beautifully bright it's just that half of them are creatively bankrupt with the most generic themes that have graced the series. I kinda want SC7 ASAP so we can kick these stages out of the stage select so we have a stage select screen with stage makde with pure soul.

While I would agree that it's not on par with say SC3, in terms of lighting and overall costume designs SC6 is better that SC4 and SC5. The stage selection in SC6 is the only that that is bottom tier for the series not because they're all bad, in fact they're all beautifully bright it's just that half of them are creatively bankrupt with the most generic themes that have graced the series. I kinda want SC7 ASAP so we can kick these stages out of the stage select so we have a stage select screen with stage makde with pure soul.
Money Pit please and I’ll forgive the subpar stage selection.

Dropping character creation is plain stupid.
Counterpoint: Nuh-uh. lol

I'll take less customization options if it means we finally move on from 2008 era character models.

Those bangs on cassandra and her hair looks so low res and ugh

View attachment 68955
Well, the hair is more because the Unreal Engine is shite when it comes to rendering transparency and they just ported over the assets/style of the previous game. Tekken 7 has the exact same issue. You have to specifically model the hair or design the artstyle to accommodate it (e.g. MK11, SFV, GG).

But, yeah, if they actually do a full-on graphical update to the game, y'all are going to have to be prepared for when CAS takes a quality/quantity dip. They're only going to be able to do so much.

Back