Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm still holding out that Grøh is going to be Z.W.E.I., personally. His backstory in the New Legends of Project Soul artbook said he came from a monastery and escaped and joined a band of assassins, and he only became Z.W.E.I. when he was put to death by "Graf Dumas", and instead of dying, E.I.N. awoke from inside of him and saved him, after which he swore revenge. It kind of lines up with what we know of Grøh.

@artard4321, I believe we're getting the four corners, but I don't think we'll get the six slots, three on either side. Instead, the center slot will be a bonus/DLC slot, and any extra folks will be thrown into that circle, a sub-menu similar to SoulCalibur III's bonus characters. Because, for the sake of argument, if you do add the slots on the sides, then you may as well square up and go ahead and add four more to make corners again. And you're going to be really hard pressed to fit a 7x5 grid into a circle compared to a 5x5 grid. 22 characters at launch, 7 characters as DLC would give us 29 characters, which is more than SoulCalibur V but less than 30 (the other half of the statement you left out).

DevwUtqVMAE8_sE.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C8FCKBC/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_QG4eBb0Y0VXRS

40 bucks pass? Gotha have a lot on it if it's the case, and hope they'll focus more on adding real costumes per character than CaS parts.

40 bucks pass? Gotha have a lot on it if it's the case, and hope they'll focus more on adding real costumes per character than CaS parts.
I also think that in the initial list there will be only 20 points, and everything else in DLC, and the game will be oriented to the maximum milking of old fans.

Season pass is a given but you know they'll pad out that $99 cost with other extras too. Art book, soundtrack, some other trinkets, and of course "exclusive" launch DLC, like some kind of CAS parts again.

Whatever it is, the important thing is that the cover will probably not have Geralt's mug plastered all over it.

Reactions: Pac
Although I wouldn't like to keep my hopes up, I really do feel like there is a good possibility we will be seeing 28 characters in SoulCalibur VI since having just 20 characters will be very small. SoulCalibur II HD had 24 characters, SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters, and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters all excluding bonus characters (I don't count guest characters and Necrid as a bonus character). I'm very doubtful that a game celebrating the franchise's 20th anniversary will have significantly less characters than the last three core games they released last generation.

View attachment 49239
And even with this select screen, this game would still have less characters than SoulCalibur III.

I'm inclined to believe that every character from the original SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II will make it into the game except for Necrid, Charade, and Inferno. It's possible that the SoulCalibur II characters and some of the "clone" characters will be unlockable characters as we progress closer from SoulCalibur I to SoulCalibur II's storyline when playing the game.

It was stated in a leak before that SoulCalibur VI could have more characters than SoulCalibur V and that a majority of SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV characters would be DLC. So my guess for some of the DLC would be Li Long (Soul Edge), Setsuka (SoulCalibur III), Hilde (SoulCalibur IV), and Z.W.E.I. (SoulCalibur V) in order to celebrate the franchise's 20 years of relevance.

I'm very hopeful that the net build will feature a larger select screen.

P.S. I would like to see Hwang return.

SoulCaliburVI28Characters.jpg
Here's mine character select roster prediction! I chose many characters from Soul Calibur 1 because Okubo and the Project Soul developers said that before, that they chose many characters from the first Soul Calibur, mixed with the new ones and with other characters that they appeared in other Soul Calibur games like Zasalamel and Talim etc.
P.S. I REALLY want to see Hwang in Soul Calibur 6 too!!

Last edited:
Among Amy, Cassandra, Mina, Rock and Hwang, I don't think all of them will comeback. And I think Hilde is more deserving of a spot since she's wielding
weapons other characters don't.

Cas and Hwang probably have the best chances out of all the clones. I mean wanna see as few of them as possible. But cas really changed alot since 2

God, this looks so much better with 28 character slots. And you're right about it being an anniversary game; can't imagine they'd celebrate 20 years of Soul Calibur with only 20 characters. The fact that SCV had 28 characters too is even better. If they go with less this time around it'll be a downgrade?

anything to get mina in the game tbh

God, this looks so much better with 28 character slots. And you're right about it being an anniversary game; can't imagine they'd celebrate 20 years of Soul Calibur with only 20 characters. The fact that SCV had 28 characters too is even better. If they go with less this time around it'll be a downgrade?

anything to get mina in the game tbh

Well, ✌ 28 ✌ characters.

Among Amy, Cassandra, Mina, Rock and Hwang, I don't think all of them will comeback. And I think Hilde is more deserving of a spot since she's wielding
weapons other characters don't.

I'm not sure about Rock...but Amy,Cassandra,Hwang and Mina will return! They're fan favorites and high requested characters and Hilde too the leaks showed that she'll be a DLC character! BTW I'm waiting and see! I trust only official sources, everything will might be change until the release of the game...

With a limited roster im not a huge fan of seeing clones return. Especially mina and rock who are so similar to their conterparts still.

View attachment 49241Here's mine character select roster prediction! I chose many characters from Soul Calibur 1 because Okubo and the Project Soul developers said that before, that they chose many characters from the first Soul Calibur, mixed with the new ones and with other characters that they appeared in other Soul Calibur games like Zasalamel and Talim etc.
P.S. I REALLY want to see Hwang in Soul Calibur 6 too!!

Wow it looks better with extra slots if we get all of these characters here this game will be 10/10 for me

I hope they don't change it toooo much. I really love the asthetic of the current HUD and the size doesn't bother me at all. I don't like big chunky bars like Street Fighter and Tekken always get.

The only thing I would kinda like to see changed is the health color. In past SC games teal represents full or higher than 100% health, so to have green the 100% and teal be the 'below 100%' really messes with my head a little, which is dumb. I'd get used to it eventually though.

Oh and didn't Verg say way back that they're definitely putting more characters than SCV or something? I mean that could mean 29 instead of 28 but still. I'm hoping for 30-34 maybe. That mock-up image looks great and more how I would want/expect to see the roster looking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom