Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Trolls are gonna troll in one way or another anyway, but that doesn't mean they should limit or axe the mode for those of us who use it well. Though I agree it has gotten a bit more silly since SoulCalibur III where the characters had purpose in their own mode, so it was, I think anyway, less likely that you would make something silly, since you were building your own personal army for the Chronicles story mode and you took it more seriously.

CAS is a blessing and a curse. On one hand it creates a fresh experience when fighting people online as seeing the exact same characters and costumes over and over gets dull over time however having this much freedom in customization brings in the troll crowd and while it's amusing for a while, overall it ruins the tone of the game. I think Tekken has got the right balance in terms of customization but I don't think it's good enough for Soul Calibur at this point so it needs a different model. A simple solution would be able to turn off certain customizations visually, a toggle button called "limited mode" on the character select screen. This would give people the freedom to create whatever they want while others simply don't have to put up with looking at it at the same time.

I really hope there's an option to disable CAS is lobbies/online. People's created characters are a total eyesore in general l0l
Extremely unlikely. If anything, lobbies are the main place people go to show off their CaS in the series. And it would also likely cause issues with matchmaking if it was done in ranked matches too.

Reactions: Ave
It's just a small stupid detail but I just noticed that in the latest trailers (Ivy, Zasalamel) you can see the cold breath in the "Snow:capped showdown" stage which was absent in the previous build. It's amazing how they're adding more and more in the game.
Yeah..I also noticed Ivy's whip lashes don't that Hard leathery whip sound like they use to..atleast for now..hope that changes. Just my 2cents

I was wondering. I can’t really identify Nightmare’s, but is Kilik’s VA the only returning one? There haven’t been any released VA lists yet, but Kilik is the only one who sounds like he has his old one.

I really hope they don’t replace ALL the previous VA’s.

CAS is a blessing and a curse. On one hand it creates a fresh experience when fighting people online as seeing the exact same characters and costumes over and over gets dull over time however having this much freedom in customization brings in the troll crowd and while it's amusing for a while, overall it ruins the tone of the game. I think Tekken has got the right balance in terms of customization but I don't think it's good enough for Soul Calibur at this point so it needs a different model. A simple solution would be able to turn off certain customizations visually, a toggle button called "limited mode" on the character select screen. This would give people the freedom to create whatever they want while others simply don't have to put up with looking at it at the same time.

Umm you must be crazy to think tekken had a normal customization system. Most of the stuff was completely stupid (deer head) . If people want to make stupid things they can and will and the CAS will always look worse than the real characters . Though, I agree, they should have an option to turn on/off the CAS characters.

Umm you must be crazy to think tekken had a normal customization system. Most of the stuff was completely stupid (deer head).
That's not what I'm saying. I only said Tekken has got the right balance as in it's moderate with it's silliness.

Yeah, but is anyone forgetting about a velociraptor in a bikini? Anyways, soul calibur is probably more normal than tekken. the only really weird things are the wings and animal heads

There's always gonna be a few horse dicks and rainbow drum gods out there when you have a deep customization mode. But that doesn't demean the entire system, because as many troll things you can come up with, you can also do an equal number of creative things to make wondrous designs.

If you read my original post on the matter you would know that I propose a work around instead of what others would want, as in limiting everyone's choices. I know at the end of the day that one of the core appeals of Soul Calibur is it's deep and crazy customizations.

Again, Tekken is moderate compared to what you can create in Soul Calibur.
I probably won't sleep tonight
f6935307644226111c4dbd3c98ff0460.jpg

Watching that video reminds me of a Maxi player I kept running into with black and white polka dotted sets of Drums over black and white polka dotted clothes.

Create a Soul... you are such a fickle mistress...

People who do stuff like this make a strong case for a “Suppress this players customs,” or a “Force P1/P2 default customs,” button.

For balance reasons it would make sense to not allow CAS in ranked matches.

And for non-ranked, I think it would be fine if players could choose to not allow custom characters/outfits in their room. I'm sure it would just be a minority of players who turn off custom outfits, but it's a relatively easy option to include and it would make that group very happy. Assuming anyone joins their room.

Last edited:
For balance reasons it would make sense to not allow CAS in ranked matches.

And for non-ranked, I think it would be fine if players could choose to not allow custom characters/outfits in their room. I'm sure it would just be a minority of players who turn off custom outfits, but it's a relatively easy option to include and it would make that group very happy. Assuming anyone joins their room.
I've already made the point that a toggle switch option on the character select screen to limit opponents customisation visually from the player's end would solve the issue completely without supressing people's customisations. Nothing has to be sacrified to make ranked matches playable.

The problem is that historically, some weapons/body types actually changed the hitboxes of your character. Some combos won't work on CAS characters and some combos get dropped with certain weapons equipped. This needs to be addressed before any hard-and-fast rules are laid down.

Back