Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Would definitely give this new patch a look but Bannerlord just came out and um... will keep on looking on forum to see what's up

Well, this is confusing...
Untitled.png

That's new. But as someone said, that's probably Haohmaru.
I don't think there's much doubt it is; aside from the context of that value (emerging when it has) leaving very little doubt in itself, there's also the fact that 'raksha' (and related words like 'rakshasa') is a term for a demon in various etymological traditions of Southeast Asia, while Haohmaru is known as the "Sword demon", and references to demons (both literal and metaphorical) are a major part of SamSho's thematics, and Haohamru's grey area morality in particular. So, yeah, there's really not much question. Granted, the choice of language to pull the specific word from is a bit beguiling (why a vedic term for a Japanese character?), but otherwise, it all adds up as a pretty obvious reference.

Last edited:
I must say Haohmaru's moveset looks even more unpolished than I expected from the trailer. He doesn't really have a lot of moves either, does he?

Also, for example, his projectile just blandly floats across the stage, they didn't even add effects like dust or cracking of the ground. Hopefully, our dear Sets will not get the same rough treatment...

Some thoughts on the new stuff:

1). New interface indicators/counters are cool, but currently hightly unpolished. Maxi is supposed to have one for his stars according to the patch notes, but doesn't. Must be a bug. Siegfried's counter says XX/12, while everyone else's just have one number without /, which is quite inconsistent. Nightmare and Hilde have indicators for their auras (which are not all that necessary to begin with, but alright), yet Cassandra doesn't when her Divine Force basically works the same. Also why no counter for Zasalamel's curses?

2). I like the new rearranged stage, interactable spinning prayer wheels are fun, also it has three time of the day lighting set ups, which is cool, even though the very last one is just daytime recycled from the original version of the stage.

3). Haohmaru's stage is awesome with beautiful scenery, fying birds, three lighting set ups and a teleporting referee. Bringing in SamSho announcer is also a pretty cool detail.

4). I'll need more time to properly evaluate Haohmaru's moveset, in the meantime let's appreciate him being fully customisable just like 2B.

Back