Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

2020.jpg

Well I don't know about you guys, but this year has been the most bat shit insane year I've had in my entire life, and we're only seven months into it. Finally got Brexit after three and a half years of the UK establishment trying to overturn it, Covid paralyzes the world, Marxist attempted coup of the western world, a developing proxy war between the UK with China, Italy and the UK have the biggest bust of drugs ever recorded and now Evo is in nuclear meltdown with it's head honcho. Fuck knows what other mad shit is around the corner, I don't think I can get any more shocked at this point as the world continues to be utter fucking fire. I feel like I'm going to burst out laughing like the Joker just to remain sane.

You know what they say...
4994E1B6-FDEB-420A-9BAE-5FFA1ED57EB6.jpeg

Or in this case a full fucking year.

Hey, hey, after they can 'em, know how long till they release Joey?
SOON! Haha... haha... ha... ;-;
Laugh, dammit, not like this can get worse, and it's not like it won't get worse, either.

So EVO is officially cancelled. This is good in two ways:
1- Companies aren't standing for bullcrap anymore.
2-We'll probably get the Setsuka announcement trailer in the upcoming days.

I'm afraid you misunderstand the 1 part. It's not that companies are opposed to bullcrap and that something has changed, no. Companies are -bandwagoning-. And that has been around for quite a while now.

I think we'll get the announcement regardless. If all of EVO is canceled, I'm sure Namco will just release the Alpha Patroklos trailer attached to no event. No way would they delay it for months waiting for a new big event.

I think it's more important that these allegations are looked into than us getting what's looking like a rather lackluster fighting game tournament.

I didn't though about the announcements tbh, it just those allegations sucks.

Also i was never sure if there's gonna be SC6 announcement during, considering the game wasn't as part of Evo online, same for T7 and SFV.

Sometimes i really wonder if he's just ironic or serious about he says, rofl.

I still think they've gone far during Evo Japan, by pausing the game in subjective moment ect.

So do you guys think esports for the FGC is dead?

It's just one guy that did dumb things, fortunately and obviously this one guy alone doesn't define FGC, it's defined by hundreds of thousands, at least.

That being said, Evo online cancel sucks, but it sucks less to me since it's "online", and games that follow aren't even in actually, aka SC6, T7 and SFV, i would have been way more mad if it was a normal usual offline Evo with all most my fav games in it.

Now i wonder when's the announcements coming, soon, soooon, or sooooooooooooon, who knows

Back