Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

RyujiSakamoto

Premium Member
I really like the second outfit- it looks like a mixture of his SC1 and SC2 outfit. also, do people consider SCIII a soft reboot? a lot of the designs/stages /music was from SC1.
I think SC3 might have been considered an anniversary game of some kind? It was released in 2005 which may have been souledges 10th anniversary. Couple that with extreme fan service and offline content (including souledge style input endings) it seems like that game was almost a celebration of the series.

Glitch-mode22

[08] Mercenary
I think SC3 might have been considered an anniversary game of some kind? It was released in 2005 which may have been souledges 10th anniversary. Couple that with extreme fan service and offline content (including souledge style input endings) it seems like that game was almost a celebration of the series.
You know what, i think you're right! SCIII definitely felt like a anniversary type game- which is probably why it's one of my all time favorite SC game.

Hayate

[13] Hero
The thing I hate the most is waiting DLCs to have every characters, but at the same time I'am glad that they DLCs get a good quality care with rich chronicle etc... but man where are this days were we were buying the game and playing all the char at the same time for about a year or two

If only COVID wasn't a thing, I can't imagine how would be hype at WTfinals reveal. That's why I think you can't really support game for years with DLC without a good amount of hype events around.

genghis_chan

[12] Conqueror
The thing I hate the most is waiting DLCs to have every characters, but at the same time I'am glad that they DLCs get a good quality care with rich chronicle etc... but man where are this days were we were buying the game and playing all the char at the same time for about a year or two

If only COVID wasn't a thing, I can't imagine how would be hype at WTfinals reveal. That's why I think you can't really support game for years with DLC without a good amount of hype events around.
Funny you say that, last time was a tsunami now it was pandemic i wonder what will be next time WW3 maybe? who knows?

LisaK

[14] Master
Him when asked about SC:
1534846724793.jpg

RyujiSakamoto

Premium Member
how is soulcalibur 6 on xbox? I recently got a series x so I might try it there.... will be the first time I've played a fighting game on 3 different consoles...... :sc5sig1:

sytus

[14] Master
how is soulcalibur 6 on xbox? I recently got a series x so I might try it there.... will be the first time I've played a fighting game on 3 different consoles...... :sc5sig1:
Apparently is has a massive playerbase due to Gamepass, but has more casual players than pro players compared to PS4 and PC. So if you mash for fun it's the best place to be but if you want a challenge the other platforms are the better choices.

Crash X

[14] Master
Well, if you don’t have PC and are tired of the worse netcode on PSN then it’s worth a shot. The playerbase isn’t the best however, and this is coming from someone who’s played on Xbox btw. Though in my experience, the matchmaking there is slightly better in Ranked compared to other versions.

And it’s also the best place to farm hatemail and salt from scrubs as well. So I guess that’s another plus.

WuHT

Premium Moderator
Yeah Zas looks to have a lot of different influences.

He has some sub-saharan features, but his movelists reference mesopotamia deities, while the iconography of his weapon draws from ancient egypt.
Makes sense since he's an incredibly ancient reincarnating warrior.