Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I didn't expect to see Yoshimitsu's butt ...
Niche Gamer Plays   30min Hands on E3 2018 Direct Gameplay for Soulcalibur VI.avi_snapshot_29.47.jpg

have something written there?...
giphy.gif

Why do the backgrounds go blurry during a fight? If they were as sharp as the foreground would it affect concentration? I think there are times when they do focus on the backgrounds? We just got a HD upgrade on Soulcalibur II, but with SCVI it's like a downgrade to some extent even though we know the backgrounds have originally been rendered in great detail albeit with soft focus. Maybe I'm missing something here...

Edit: starts out sharp and then goes blurry after the fight commences: (starting 8 minutes 46 seconds)

Last edited:
There is an actual reason for that DoF effect. Without it the characters start getting harder to discern from the background. With the DoF, it's easier to contrast the characters from the backgrounds. Similar reason that the VF5 characters look like they're coated in baby oil. It's just to make them stand out more from the backgroundss

I'm really hoping that there's an option to disable that. It's distracting because it's inconsistent.
SC6 is adding tons of distracting crap. The counter hit effect that was introduced with this new build comes across as pointless, it seems something you would only want enabled when in training mode.

The characters with the soul charge flames on them is pretty hard to see whats going on (maybe in low-res videos)

Anybody here interested in that Sophitia figure from the collector's edition? I may get it, and sell the figure :sc4sop1:
Just like you, I plan on getting collector's edition. However, I hope they give one the option to buy just that figure alone. That Sophitia statue would look great alongside my Palutena amiibo. They make great girlfriends...

Sayonara :sc3set1:

Guys, speaking of armor breaks has anyone seen Ivy's lower part broken? Cause I've watched many videos but I think I've just seen mid and high part...

I wonder who's that special character, if he's guest character or kind of bonus character, or even maybe Edgemaster. As for the rest of the SP content i guess it's all CAS stuffs?

Last edited:
Why does everyone think we're only getting 11 stages? There's still 4 months left until release.

The fact they haven't formatted the text properly tells me this isn't the final version.

then again bamco's attention to detail isn't the greatest lmao...

1529232393791.png

If they're bringing in another guest, they'll get their own stage, that's a given. Maybe we'll get some original stages for DLC too.

Speaking of stages... the desert stage theme sounds so good. The music reminds me so much of Hwang. or maybe i'm just being delusional sdjfh

Back