Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm glad that movie never happened... Jackie Chan as Kilik would destroy all my fetiches ...
tenor.gif

As far as story modes and costumes are concerned, not saying SoulCalibur VI will like this or anything, but a reminder that Patroklos never changed his clothes the entire time in SoulCalibur V, which was a little weird when he changed style to Alpha Patroklos, which is similar, but not entirely the same in his unlocked character form, which is a bit darker and lacks the fur pelt on his shoulders. And also, of course, his story variant of using Soul Calibur with his Arcadia Shield, which wasn't unlockable. Basically, my point is that story mode is allowed to cheat, so I wouldn't say that the Siegfried alternate hair or bandages is worth anything in and of itself. If SoulCalibur V's story wasn't told in sepia stills, I'm sure that the cutscenes with Graf Dumas early on would have seen Raphmare in something less assuming than full Nightmare mode, and that costume probably wouldn't have been unlockable, and possibly comprised of CaS parts. Think of the first appearance of Chester in Chronicles of the Sword.

Raph's lower tier status would be a sad excuse to exclude him. I think character popularity is linked to their tier, ie if mitsu was crap people would stop playing him as well. The devs can easily tweak his style to make him viable, fix the holes in his prep offence, give him some damaging counters (4A crumple stun), give him at least one horizontal mid to catch step reliably. I don't know a single character that has so many moves being negative on hit, that just makes no sense at all. The devs chose him to be that way, no wonder he is not popular. Using this as a reason to exclude him is quite infuriating.
That part I don't disagree. Gaining enough momentum/advantage to mentally jail your opponent with Raphael is extremely difficult.

However, I also remind you that Raphael in SC2 was probably the most beginner friendly character (and Okubo's all about making the game accessible). "Hold forward and press triangle 3 times" seemed to be almost a meme.

6BBB was the move that helped newbies feel like they were actually asserting themselves as a fencing grandmaster and was also greatly feared by the opposing beginner.

Yo, remember when in 2007 they announced Soul Calibur movie???!!! It had official site and posters.
Honestly I think it was for the best that the movie never got made. I didn't like the choice of actors for certain characters (a comedian playing Nightmare WTF?!) Jackie Chan, well, I am meh towards him honestly however I could see him playing either as Li Long or Edgemaster. Though from what I found out he couldn't be in it and the director didn't want to make the movie without him. Also if Bamco/ PS ever decide to make a CGI film it will suck like Tekken (and the Resident Evil CGI films.)

Studios/Companies just can't make good films based on video games.
I know 2P outfits aren't confirmed so far, but if it's in wonder what Ivy will get this time around.
I hope she gets the 3rd bonus custome from SCII. That was my favorite.

I think it comes down to personality types that like characters. Also guys, I would put a $200 dollar bet that Raphael is going to be in as DLC eventually.

@Vergeben I feel a little brazen making a request, but I couldn't help but ask... I know you said earlier that you are working on trying to find out the roster at this point, since it has been finalized. Can you also try to find out which weapons the characters will wield? (My thought was that knowing what weapons are used would mainly be helpful for trying to understand any new characters better, or if there is a twist and someone comes back with a different weapon).
If not, that's totally fine. It's only 4 more months anyway, which isn't that long, plus I'm sure you have a life outside of trying to find out stuff about upcoming video games. :)

Jackie would be a perfect Kilik even a bit too Old for Kilik as well. Jackie is the best anyway ;)

Did some speculation:

10 slots(+ 4 DLC):

1. New character (confirmed)
2. Lizardman (confirmed by story trailer)
3. Cervantes (confirmed by story trailer)
4. Astaroth (hinted by the ESRB rating)
5. Talim (hinted at twitter by Okubo)

+ We saw Inferno in the trailer (he might take a slot)

Believe these 5 will be in surely. So the remaining 5(or 4) + 4 DLC slots

6. Tira (high possibility)
7. Setsuka (high possibility)
8. Seong-mina (high possibility)
9. Voldo (high possibility)
10. Hwang / Yunseong (high possibility)
11. Raphael (high possibility)
12. Cassandra (mediocre possibility due to shared fighting style with Sophitia)
13. 2B or other Guest Character (confirmed)

I think If they are going to cut a character out It's going to be Rock out of the ones we know.
Other than that I think It's quite safe to say that all of the above characters (with a couple surprises possible) have pretty high possibility to be in the game after all DLC.

Also the current revealed roster is: 9 males & 4 females (and with the ones above, the roster would be 15 males & 9 females not counting guest character, new character & Inferno). I think It's safe to assume at least the new guest character will be female (other new character will probably be Groh's father?).

Mitsurugi (M)
Zasa (M)
Geralt (M)
Yoshimitsu (M)
Maxi (M)
Nightmare (M)
Groh (M)
Siegfried (M)
Kilik (M)

Lizardman (M)
Cervantes (M)
Astaroth (M)
Voldo (M)
Raphael (M)
Hwang / Yunseong (M)

Ivy (F)
Taki (F)
Sophitia (F)
Xianghua (F)

Talim (F)
Tira (F)
Setsuka (F)
Seong-mina (F)
Cassandra (F)

The stages looks ridiculously beautiful. And Ivy looks perfect even better than in the trailer, and we finally get to see more new moves.

Oh and it's running on PS4 which is awesome news too, and the game looks definitely gorgeous. (Like it's not some fake build running on a 100,000 $ PC if you see what i mean^)

I found it unusual that Ivy's position on the Character select screen was the opposite of Xianghua's, implying that they could be enemies whereas I clearly don't remember it being canon in any form. But now it appears they have a special dialogue before the battle that is far from being friendly. Besides, in the story mode trailer Ivy made only one appearance and she was strangling Xianghua saying "I like that". So I guess there's enough rationale to assume Ivy's got a new enemy, or maybe rival or a target to eliminate. Since it's always been Cervantes for her, I'm totally intrigued to see how her communication with Xianghua will go (the dialogues must be full of sarcasm) and how their relationship will develop throughout the story, since at the end Ivy must realize she was misled and regret her actions. Will she apologize? Hyped.

Back