Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I doubt we'll see SoulCalibur VI until November at the the earliest, more likely December, really. And it's only partly because Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is coming out on September 21st and I want some time to enjoy that. Also because they should take their time and finish the game this time. No rush.

November it's RDR2 month, and all games including COD don't seem to want to mess with this game (very understandable tho). I think SC6 may come before September but we'll see as usual.

Geralt was reveal less than month, but if you mean about SC non guest character reveal, then yeah it's been a while lol

BTW, there are already a bunch of huge games that are confirmed for September already, and SC6 was recently rumored to hit console on September, EWWW!!

Rumored by who?

Mmmm 39 characters still sounds too good to be true, and if thats the case, and the game launchs in september, they should reveal like, 4 characters per month since this one at least, but at the contrary, they are not giving that much info. So even if the geralt one were true, it could have been just a lucky guess.

Someone on ResetEra said his friend told him there would be 39 characters and Geralt was the guest. Everyone called bullshit because there's no way SC gets 39 characters and then two weeks later, Geralt is revealed. I still think 39 characters is bullshit unless a 1/4th of them are shitty bonus characters.
Everyone was speculating it was going to be Geralt before the reveal because he was one of the most obvious choices. I wouldn't take ResetERA word on anything, they have as much credibility when it comes to leaks as Reddit or 4Chan.

SCVI's might be releasing in Late August or Early September makes the best since because October - December belong to RDR2. Why is COD:BOIV coming out in October? Treyarch know RDR2 is a serious threat for sales. The Resetera Geralt leak was a week before CDPROJECTRED made hints of Geralt being in SCVI.

SCVI's might be releasing in Late August or Early September makes the best since because October - December belong to RDR2. Why is COD:BOIV coming out in October? Treyarch know RDR2 is a serious threat for sales. The Resetera Geralt leak was a week before CDPROJECTRED made hints of Geralt being in SCVI.

But September belongs to Dragon Quest XI.

GwEr2nO.gif

Too many great games this year.

I would say November will be the release month for SCVI. If those extra months mean the game is going to be more polished I would be Ok with it. We have lots of games to play until then.

I don't know why everyone is saying that X month belongs to X game. If Soul Calibur VI is coming out this year (only if it gets delayed) it will share a month with another new game debuting.
Mmmm 39 characters still sounds too good to be true, and if thats the case, and the game launchs in september, they should reveal like, 4 characters per month since this one at least, but at the contrary, they are not giving that much info. So even if the geralt one were true, it could have been just a lucky guess.
If the 39 characters is to be believed I think that ten or so will just be like the bonus characters from IV. Which I hope will not be the case since they will probably be sharing a moveset with another canon character.

I think I read somewhere a while back that Okubo did say that the roster of characters was going to surprise us. While I am keeping my expectations for such a big roster low it could have some substance.

Too many great games this year.

I would say November will be the release month for SCVI. If those extra months mean the game is going to be more polished I would be Ok with it. We have lots of games to play until then.

SCVI would flop if it's released in November because RDR2 will sell like gang busters. Everyone knows RDR2 is going to be a huge seller. If COD is coming out in October this year instead of November every year since 2005. That tells you that RDR2 is a serious threat.

I don't know about anyone else but for me the days of fighting games being a Christmas big seller have long gone. The crowd now is mostly a small but loyal following with probably a swing of around 1 million people so the threat of a AAA game affecting the sales of SC6 will be low IMO. Geralt will definitely influence that swing though as there will be plenty of Witcher fans who will buy the game out of curiosity.

Back