Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Better to be released around a later date than to buy an incomplete game.

Yeah but this would be different, since the discussion is when they would release, based on another games launchs, not if the game is complete or not, perhaps the game is way more forward than we expect and they are hiding info, we dont know for sure.
It's not like they're going to be sitting around doing nothing with their time for a few months waiting to release it.
To use a recent example of Nintendo, Super Mario Odyssey for instance was admitted by them outright to be "done" as of early 2017 and could have been a launch title, but they intentionally delayed it to October to give Zelda its time to shine with Breath of the Wild, and to also not cannibalize other titles of theirs. Plus it being a title befitting for a release around that time period that would have no issue being successful.
The time spent in that gap wound up being put towards further fine tuning the game and adding more content to it because it's Nintendo, they have money, and it's Mario.
Believe it or not, but the two richest video game companies in Japan are Nintendo and Bandai Namco. It's not like Bandai Namco doesn't have deep pockets. They just have a different philosophy than Nintendo does sometimes to put it nicely. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
I thought you were saying that anything that comes out in January is doomed to fail, not that it would have stark competition. You could say the same thing about September-November for this year.

Believe it or not, but the two richest video game companies in Japan are Nintendo and Bandai Namco. It's not like Bandai Namco doesn't have deep pockets. They just have a different philosophy than Nintendo does sometimes to put it nicely. Unfortunately.

I do find that a bit hard to believe. To be honest don't really play any other Bandai Namco games, but Soul Calibur. (Did give Tekken 5 a shot long ago, but that game was actually boring to play.) If it is true that they are big as Nintendo than there is no reason for thisgame to be incomplete.

Honestly, SoulCalibur 6 has been promoted far too much from tournaments and exhibitions to be delayed. They really want to build up hype and release it soon. I think it will come out no later than August this year.

Honestly, SoulCalibur 6 has been promoted far too much from tournaments and exhibitions to be delayed. They really want to build up hype and release it soon. I think it will come out no later than August this year.
Yeah, but the low news/reveals rate for the game, along with NO release date yet, makes all of us think it will be later than that.

MvC:I was announced in December and got a September release. Sound familiar?

Definitely sounds as horrible as Voldo crawling right in my face and using that humping attack and I think I'd prefer that!

September would be a decent month. October is no longer safe because of Call of Duty Black ops IV getting an earlier than usual release.

But honestly the lack of news around this game has really made me lose interest. I can't keep my hype levels up with this slow burn of information.

Once it's lockdown for a release I'll be jumping through the moon. Until then...

Yeah, but the low news/reveals rate for the game
Same reveal rate as SC5. Exactly the same rate, but less characters (we do assume the roster will be smaller, though). Actually more reveals than SC4, but SC4 cranked out a bunch of character reveals early before slowing down.

MvC:I was announced in December and got a September release. Sound familiar?

Except the MvC:I was an awful game even when it was announced at PSX 2016. Pokken on Switch outsold MvCI. MvC:I isn't going to be on the main EVO stage this year compare to how many years MvC2 & UMvC3 was a EVO shows that the MvC franchise is done. MvC:I is getting removed from PSN, XBL, & Steam in October this year. SCVI looks like it going to get better before release.

https://mmoexaminer.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-shut-october-steam/

SoulCalibur VI release date ? Hmmm, I suppose it to be Fall 2018... Around Late October-November. Not sooner, I can't imagine the game to be released in Summer. And, in my opinion, I prefer a little delay (even of 2 months) and playing a complete game, rather than playing a rushed game released sooner. It was absolutely SCV's case....

As for the lack of news and reveal, I have to say it is a bit boring yes. But then I remember we got a character reveal last month. Okay, it was a guest, and people want to have legacy characters (Taki, Voldo, Cervantes, Maxi, Talim, etc...) to be confirmed (I'm one of them) but it is only a question of time : I suppose we will got something mid-late April.

SCVI Cover Story from Official Xbox Magazine talks about Geralt transitioning from Witcher 3 to Soul Calibur VI.
OXM confirms they were the 1st to play the newest build with Ivy, Zas & Geralt.
OXM talks about some of Ivy's Armor Destruction in SCVI

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-001.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-050.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-051.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-052.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-053.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-054.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-055.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-056.jpg

Xbox The Official Magazine - May 2018-057.jpg

Last edited:
Guys comparing games like smash affecting scvi sales is just silly. 1 is for switch; the other for ps4, xbox1 and PC.

Each day thay passes and sc6 is not here is a day closer! So if 2018 is to be believed there's only x amount of days left :) chill.. it is coming.

At this point if it's late by a few months as long as we get a finished game who cares :)

Back