Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I like rejuvenation so long as it's not my favourite character getting rejuvenated.
Pretty much this.

SCV was necessary. The plot hit a dead end in SCIV and the characters all served their purposes. We needed a new cast pretty desperately. The issue was that the replacements were simultaneously lazy and overdesigned. For example, I don't care that Taki got replaced. There wasn't much else she was gonna do that could be interesting, and a fresh ninja in the series could be cool, even if the ninja was male. I cared, however, that Taki's replacement was an arrogant Naruto ripoff that didn't fit in her own game. Taki's replacement should've been an interesting and deep assassin, not some dumb bitch using modern dialect and crying about becoming hokage or something like that. The bad replacements didn't stop at Natsu, but she replaced my favorite so she was the easiest to pick on.

Tekken 3 and Garou did it right because the new characters showed clear traits of their predecessors without being clear copy-pastes (ignoring Julia, who is literally Michelle but... no, she's just Michelle). Hell, even the MCs (Jin and Rock) combined traits of two polar opposite characters from the series' while still managing to represent something unique. Street Fighter III had good newcomers, the issue was just that there were no clear replacements for classic fighters. Ibuki and Yun were cool and all, but Guile and Boxer players, for example, had no analogues to translate their prior experience to until 3S.

Exhibition match was so good. Felt like like the first time we've seen what SCVI is actually like. I've been skeptical of RE but it somehow seemed totally fine in the context of high-level play, the momentum shifts were all over the place in a good way. Taki suddenly showing some major pressure and very flashy moves; Ivy feeling like a maniac at range; all sorts of hype. Even Geralt pulled out some new stuff! I've been worrying that Geralt is too vanilla or poke-heavy, but there were some cool transitions and combos in there.

Just looking at some stuff in the exhibition, a few too many things are overturned. Either too much damage, too safe or too much guaranteed.

I still remember people freaking out about Siegfried being "OP" before SCV's release. We have no idea how the meta of this game will evolve or what kinds of characters will end up being the best. Give it some time.

I will say that every character looks amazing so far, which is great to see.

I thought the point of this game was fast paced matches and thinking on your feet. The damage is a little staggering but everyone can deal high damage. I thought this exhibition was amazing overall and Ivy is a goddess. She has her 22 88 B BE from SCV as a regular move.

I still remember people freaking out about Siegfried being "OP" before SCV's release. We have no idea how the meta of this game will evolve or what kinds of characters will end up being the best. Give it some time.

I will say that every character looks amazing so far, which is great to see.
Because Siegfried was heavily nerfed pre-realese and in all subsequent patches, the meta didn't had anything to do with him getting so fucked.
#nerfsieg
#MakeSSdeal10damage

I'm cool with whatever comes to us as long as every tournament's Grand Finals aren't:

RTD (X) vs. Mick (X)

...speaking of which, are those two still around?

Street Fighter III had good newcomers, the issue was just that there were no clear replacements for classic fighters. Ibuki and Yun were cool and all,
HMMM
https://www.deviantart.com/seeso2d/art/Yun-and-Yang-x-Lei-and-Feng-245188822
yun_and_yang_x_lei_and_feng_by_seeso2d-d41z8wm.jpg

I'm cool with whatever comes to us as long as every tournament's Grand Finals aren't:

RTD (X) vs. Mick (X)

...speaking of which, are those two still around?
Rob is busy with his ever expanding family but I'm sure he'll be around. Mick is chomping at the bit to compete and in his own words dominate. He'll be coming to the Calibur house around the time of release.

Back