Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"special"? Must not get hype. Must not get hype. Too late. All aboard!

tenor.gif

The fact that Harada and Tekken are mentioned I'm not going to be as hype as if it was just a dedicated session to Okubo and SoulCalibur.

Reactions: Ave
After seeing what they did at E3, I have little faith that they will reveal anything at this panel. They seem to think the panels are adequate substitutes for character reveals all by themselves. So if there is a second reveal this month, it will probably be next week.

After seeing what they did at E3, I have little faith that they will reveal anything at this panel. They seem to think the panels are adequate substitutes for character reveals all by themselves. So if there is a second reveal this month, it will probably be next week.
Because they did it once? There is no way they would be stupid enough to waste the attention an event can provide.

One of the best games in recent years that faithfully and lovingly does the transition from 2D to 3D well is Ni no Kuni (which happens to be a Namco Bandai game, at that). If SC did a better job at doing the transition from 2D to 3D, then the game would surely age well, though I think (Nightmare and some others withstanding) Xianghua might be one of the only ones right now that looks near accurate to their 2D art.

I think the reason why this happens is because working with 3D modeling is a lot more different than working with 2D art so that's why the characters may look a little different than their official rendered counterparts.

b1e621eb.jpg

Are you really going to tell me Rugi looks bad in IV? Hell I don't even see Cassandra as fugly as you're making her out to be.
Well, that's how Asians view/like to see themselves as. I for once am completely fine with it.
Anime style is not supposed to be realistic, that's the whole appeal of it. It is idealized fantasy.

I'm sorry but while Mitsu looks sexy in that shot (I'm gay, just being honest), I don't like that render as much as where it could've gone with the SC3's promo art. He doesn't look Japanese at all to me.

577b3b039f2fe1fae38fb4542e7ffd9e.jpg

This. This to me is a sexy Japanese hunk of man and I'm just sad they didn't keep this aesthetic for him lol

And sure, oriental people like this that cartoony aesthetic and that's fine for them but I just like when the series had that slight realism to the character design because the ethnic styled faced made them stand out more in my honest opinion.

While that's mostly true, Tekken 4 and 5 still hold up pretty solid for trying to get a semi-realistic look. I especially like how the faces still attempted to look relatively ethnic at this point (for example, compare Jin and Asuka look in T5 to T7). T6 looked odd because of the bloom being dialed to 11 as well as the higher rez not doing the weak recycled models from T4 any favors.

His eyes look way too big for his head lol, especially for a Japanese man. Ivy and maybe Sieg were the only characters that had no problems with their face (ignoring Ivy's other problems, ofc).

I agree. Tekken 4 & 5's styles totally hold up today and I too appreciated the extra mile they went making the characters look relatively ethnic. And on the soul Calibur front, I still think that Soul Calibur 3's aesthetic on the characters still look quite nice.

That panel is gonna be in a small side room. They're not revealing anything there. If it's not in the morning, it's not coming.

Back