Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I made a GIF that represents my feelings about the last few pages in this topic. X is me, and Mitsu represents "Cass is a clone!" "No, she has unique moves!" "That character definitely won't be in the game because they aren't unique!" "They used to be a clone, but now they're unique!" "They're high on the popularity poll so they'll definitely be in!" "Just because they're popular doesn't mean they won't be in, they aren't unique!" etc etc etc X_X

gLILIQz.gif

But those armor breaks are purely cosmetic and don't affect gameplay as far as I'm aware, so who cares if people can't tell which part is broken? Hell, Geralt is in the game and he already has unbreakable armor.

I'm pretty sure you take a bit more damage in a broken armor area. It's not for ecchi purposes like DOA.

EDIT:
Case in point why they shouldn't ask everyone and anyone for input about the mechanics, some of y'all are so into the CaS feature that everything else got left by the wayside. It definitely made you take more damage in 4 but it was largely cosmetic in 5. Armor break is expanded on in 6 through Lethal hit. Only said pretty sure because I haven't played the demo. I know you take extra damage but I don't know the specific amount. CaS should benefit from the new mechanics because it means you cannot have all of your armor broken at once by a heavy attack like in 5

Last edited:
I'm not on twitter, but someone should ask if they would reconsider having throws being GI'able. I'd hate to have my throws being GI'ed 'by accident'.
Oh, I sort of already asked that. I think most of the things asked have been about modes, customs, and cosmetics though he asked specifically about mechanics lol. I mean in general people don't read too well on twitter, but the language barrier probably also presents a problem. In any case, I love how transparent and community-oriented SCVI has been compared to literally every other fighter out there.

I'm also not on twitter, but my biggest mechanics question is about GI. They've said in interviews that Reversal Edge is for new players and Guard Impact is for experienced players. But then why did they decide to make it work on high/mid/lows and throws? And also make only a single direction for it? I don't want to say "dumbed down," but that's the only way I can describe it.

I don't mean this to sound critical. I'm just genuinely curious what their thought process was.

I'm also not on twitter, but my biggest mechanics question is about GI. They've said in interviews that Reversal Edge is for new players and Guard Impact is for experienced players. But then why did they decide to make it work on high/mid/lows and throws? And also make only a single direction for it? I don't want to say "dumbed down," but that's the only way I can describe it.

I don't mean this to sound critical. I'm just genuinely curious what their thought process was.

I think I'm in the same boat of wanting the 4G and 6G GI back to separate lows and not effect throws. But thinking about it more recently, I want to say their thought process might have something to do with the levels of GI implemented which I believe is based on the attack GI'd and not the GI timing. With that balance considered I don't think they wanted to double the variables with 4G and 6G while also including that system. That's just my speculation anyway.

Don't worry...I'll say it..it's dumbed down. Imo RE was enough for new players. You speak the TRUTH. I sure hope they tweak it before release..NO GI'ing THROWS PLEASE! We don't need 2 defensive mechanics doing that.

Back