Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If anything a random thought I had to make Mi-Na stand out should she appear is that maybe she’d have a Marth gimmick where she’d do best with the tip of her weapon which does extra damage? After all, there is a blade unlike Kilik’s staves. As far as I remember she still has her kicks. Otherwise Kilik seems to have more wild looking attacks.

Anyways BBCTB just revealed the remaining DLC. Makes me think we can see reveals at any moment.

Last edited:
Then again he’s said really suspicious things. Like doubting Zas and then shortly before the reveal stating that Zas was indeed a guarantee.

It’s a shame that there’s no proper Middle Eastern or African in the series. Astaroth and Zas don’t really count being more based on fantasy. And the best style for those characters is through Hwang/Yun and Xiang/Leixia through certain weapons.

Also makes me wonder why Yoshimitsu was the only one to get the Guy/Cody treatment among the Tekken characters. I could envision a Kazama onmyouji that’s a shrine maiden incorporating the Iron Fan of III’s CaS along with her descendant’s moves.

Or an Aztec warrior wearing a mask like King’s even if he’d be more like Kotal Kahn.

Yun-seong and Hwang are about as different from Xianghua as Cassandra is from Sophitia. Yun-seong does have the added benefit of having Crane and his kicks.

Yun-seong and Hwang are about as different from Xianghua as Cassandra is from Sophitia. Yun-seong does have the added benefit of having Crane and his kicks.
SoulCalibur III Hwang, especially Arcade Edition, is very different from both Xianghua and Yun-seong.

SoulCalibur III Hwang, especially Arcade Edition, is very different from both Xianghua and Yun-seong.

Why they skipped out on adding this iteration of Hwang (and Li Long, by extension) into SCIV, while going ahead and adding Amy is forever going to baffle me.

Of course Hwang who has a weapon suiting a Middle Eastern character tends to get deserts despite being Korean.

Mi-Na’s stages generally don’t make sense either between a tomb, a stage that looks like it belongs to Akuma, and a ship shared with an actual pirate.

Makes me wonder if arcade will have stage preferences. I’m assuming at this point they may be like II where characters tended to prefer one stage unless you already fought there.

IE no Money Pit has me thinking Voldo would favor the forest (dark when he works best to ambush) or even the Indian Port since he could be fought at the II ship stage sometimes.

While people are talking about some random 4chan rumor I just watched Linkrkc take out Team Partywolf single-handedly.
It really is strange to me that so many people would rather speculate about a hypothetical announcement instead of discussing the exciting, high-quality gameplay we actually got.

I'd like to amend my previous observations with the following opinion:
Maxi needs buffs too.

SC6 is still a new game and figuring out characters weaknesses is part of the process. Also it needs saying again (cuz it is kinda funny), Ivy isn't OP, LinkRKC is OP. There are no Ivy players that we know of that are even in the same league as LinkRKC, it would be unfair to nerf a character based on a player's mastery of that character.

This is precisely why an online beta of the game would greatly benefit the final product because they'd have access to data from all sorts of players across the globe.

SC6 is still a new game and figuring out characters weaknesses is part of the process. Also it needs saying again (cuz it is kinda funny), Ivy isn't OP, LinkRKC is OP. There are no Ivy players that we know of that are even in the same league as LinkRKC, it would be unfair to nerf a character based on a player's mastery of that character.
Victim of ritual doesn't even play calibur as far as I know, and still got into top 8 with her.

I will get this out of the way right now. Link is a legend (and this scene truly only has a handful of those) and overall deserves his win. But I do have to say that at this point, Ivy makes it too easy for a player like Link to win.
I agree.One of the greatest players in SC history and my favorite one(for last 14 years).But I disagree with this Ivy opinion.This verison is not even close to SC2 or SC4 Ivy.She has really good mid and long range tools but lack of good close range tools.LinkRKC always says he prefers close range combat but in SC6 he is forced to stay out of range to be really effective.I don't like this Ivy verison at all.She's already bad enough against rushdown characters like Groh so please don't ask for more nerfs.

Characters are balanced based on best case performance, not average. That's why community tier lists can be completely shaken up by a single player (I think a Yoshi player did this in Melee iirc). It didn't matter that only Poongko was doing stuff with launch FR Akuma, what he was doing was insane regardless of the player and needed to be fixed.

It doesn't matter if Link's Ivy is broken or everybody's is, a broken character is broken and should be adjusted. PW seems to imply that she's only a bit too strong and not broken outright, but devs need to look at that footage, see what let Link dominate, and either give other characters tools to beat it or reduce Ivy's ability to do so.

Back