Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I guess we're getting a bit grumpy because it's two months till calibur, but we just need to cut down on bickering, we don't want to scare away all of the

There might however be characters not on the list (Inferno unless he counts as one of the 5 characters we don't know). The comment about the character select screen not being representative of the final roster would make more sense if there is at least one character that remains hidden until unlocking them (the mimic).

Just wait a little more... I didn't talked about it because I don't like claiming stuff without crossing it with some other informations.

I did gives mostly of my info to Vergeben, then I get contacted before evo. There is only 6 characters lefts sot it's also easier.

Just trying to compile all my info in a way and I will give my final list, not that crazy, since the reveal of Seung Mina who opened the door.
When is that going to be?
Le 19 octobre ? j'espère pas xD

There might however be characters not on the list (Inferno unless he counts as one of the 5 characters we don't know). The comment about the character select screen not being representative of the final roster would make more sense if there is at least one character that remains hidden until unlocking them (the mimic).
Center slot opening up for Inferno and/or the extra four slots for the DLC, I don't really see any other way to read the comment from @MarkMan.

@Hayate just said there's only six characters left, and not counting Inferno, that's how many slots we have left that have been speculated, for most likely Cervantes, Lizardman, Tira, Hwang, Raphael/Cassandra, and the second new character. I would be surprised if the leaks had any information that contradicts this list.

@Vergeben and Hayate both have been good to us, and we should appreciate them, but unless their leaks had new information that went against the general flow of ideas, they may not see much point in saying much else. Would you honestly be satisfied if one of them just came in and said "yeah pretty much"? It's not exciting like before when they were leaking things that didn't have solid evidence to back them up.

@Vergeben and Hayate both have been good to us, and we should appreciate them, but unless their leaks had new information that went against the general flow of ideas, they may not see much point in saying much else. Would you honestly be satisfied if one of them just came in and said "yeah pretty much"? It's not exciting like before when they were leaking things that didn't have solid evidence to back them up.
I don't think anyone is seriously pressuring them, people are just joking around.

No leaks. Besides the annoucement, I only had hints and speculate with them.

My last infos that I did get before EVO was a little crazy, but after Seong Mina reveal, I think it can fits with the list that most people seems to figured out for the last characters and I wanted to share it after compiling some explanation with it in a way.

So yeah never mind, I will explain later, but i'am definitly going with this :

Obvious :
Cervy
NewGuy (azwel?)
Tira (might be preorder, I will explain later)
Inferno (center slot?)

More hints now for :
Raphael **
Hwang ****
Lizardman *

Seems looks worse for :
Rock

That's all, will explain later for each char.

Really Happy for Raphael and Hwang, finally adding chance for them.

Last edited:
No. Before the Seong Mi-na reveal, there were likely far more people who were expecting Yun-seong being the only Korean to make a return, perhaps, due to the style needing to make a comeback. With the Seong Mi-na reveal, though, there are now more Hwang supporters because it kinda makes more sense that way. It could go either way, really, as it's up to Project Soul at the end of the day, but I don't get why they would tease Cervantes, Lizardman, and now Hwang (in Seong Mi-na's bio at Soul Archive JP), if they weren't going to include them.

A mention in the bio is hardly a tease. If Raphael makes it and Amy is in his bio I'd honestly still wouldn't hold out hope for her either. Seems like they're just not completely reworking backstorys which is great.

Regarding Hwang vs Yun-Seong:

Considering how similar the SC6 character models are to their SC4/SC5 counter parts, Hwang will need to be done from scratch, while someone like Rock even has a SC4 model that they can save development time by starting from that.

My
No leaks. Besides the annoucement, I only had hints and speculate with them.

My last infos that I did get before EVO was a little crazy, but after Seong Mina reveal, I think it fits with the list that most people seems to figured out for the last characters and I wanted to share it after compiling some explanation with it in a way.

So yeah never mind, I will explain later, but i'am definitly going with this :

Obvious :
Cervy
NewGuy (azwel?)
Inferno (center slot?)

More hints now for :
Raphael **
Hwang ****
Lizardman *

Seems looks worse for :
Rock

That's all, will explain later for each char.

Really for Raphael and Hwang, seems to be able to make it.
My...! If that end up being the launch roster I'm going to be pretty bummed out, guess only DLCs can make it better if this is the case xD seasons 2 dlc to be more precise (like Tekken) Kappa

I know Hwang has been confirm in Mina story, so does Asta story said he is base on White Giant(Rock). They both metion in story. If we have enough character slots, they would all in for sure.

Hope they don`t make too much character into DLC or season2

Inferno (center slot?)
Dear Project Soul, is it crack? Do you smoke crack? Is that what you smoke, crack?

Because I cannot fantom how wasting resources in a mimic after v's debacle is a good idea and I cannot see how making a extremely popular character into a pre-order bonus is not asking for backlash.

I cannot fantom how wasting resources in a mimic after v's debacle is a good idea and I cannot see how making a extremely popular character into a pre-order bonus is not asking for backlash.
It's not really wasting resources for Inferno. Inferno is already in the game, we knew that already, and he's going to be a boss that Xianghua fights around the middle of the story. Unlocking his model to use for mimic really isn't taking any effort, especially considering that it's likely that he will be using that style in combat as it is. The other possibility was that it would only be for CaS, but it hurts nothing to allow Inferno to be playable. Tira preorder is another matter, but Inferno mimic is really very much a non-issue, but we'll see if that is the case, how they handle Tira will be pretty important.

A mention in the bio is hardly a tease. If Raphael makes it and Amy is in his bio I'd honestly still wouldn't hold out hope for her either. Seems like they're just not completely reworking backstorys which is great.
Amy was in Raph's back story in SC5 too.. We all know how that ended up xD

Amy was in Raph's back story in SC5 too.. We all know how that ended up xD
SoulCalibur V was also an incomplete mess. Had it been completed, it's incredibly likely that Raphael and Z.W.E.I., after recovering from their wounds dealt them by Pyrrha, would have worked together to find Amy/Viola and there would have been a conflict around it that would have been resolved. But in that Viola is Amy, Amy was still in SoulCalibur V.

But going back to Hwang/Yun-seong, given the timeline, Hwang just makes more sense, especially with the inclusion of Mi-na, and then to mention him in her bio, it's not just the one thing, but a combination of all the things from different angles that makes Hwang the likely choice.

Bruh. if Tira is a pre-order character, I will legit still buy the game and love the hell out of it and forget any semblance of rage while still typing out daily posts on 8wayrun about how much the decision enrages me and encourages me to spit in the game box. God, why am I like this.

Back