Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think it's sad how far gaming has fallen when we need it confirmed that there will be alt costumes, when ideally we should be expecting them.

Vergeben: I think we can take 90% of what he says as accurate and 10% as speculation (as he himself has said he doesn't know the entire roster (unless that's changed) only who he's been told through the grape vine. Here's some of the compiled information and speculation regarding the remainder of the roster. I did not post the multitude of information about things he's gotten right only things that are still to be revealed. Anything in parenthesis is my own speculation)

Characters leaked not yet confirmed: Groh's Dad, Tira, Cassandra (she was not given a hard yes like the others though which is why speculation to her being either DLC, pre-order, or the season pass exclusive is higher although she may have changed from a DLC character to a base roster character due to the slightly longer time they are working on the game) - 2 months ago

The last update I've had and was told before is that the roster is most likely 22 to 24 characters at launch. So Cervantes, Raphael, and Lizardman/Aeon would bump that up to 21/22 characters. Meaning there are very few left to be known at this point after those that are unknown. (Vergeben previously stated that the roster was finalized in June as far as he knew). - 2 months ago (Do note he was not aware of Seong Mi-Na at this time)

Vergeben has stated he knows who is voicing groh's dad and that this character is part of and one of the bosses in story mode. (Do note I do want to make sure it is well known that he does specify bosses as in plural...which is likely Inferno but considering the game has been rumored to have 2 story modes (while a lot of people want chronicles of the sword and arcade mode) one of these could be a boss for that other mode.) He'll be a boss in the story and utilize a unique/new move set not meant to replace anybody. (While this doesn't quite deconfirm the character being from the future it definitely makes it less likely unless they pull a complete viola and change a weapon style for an old character. That said though Groh could easily have been adopted.) - 1 month ago

DLC includes 2 characters not really relevant to the story and at least 1 guest character (I want to point out that he says 2 dlc characters and 1 guest character which means he does not include the season pass character in this list...I think the idea of there being a pre-order character that is also the season pass exclusive character is a bit more likely. Because of other comments here I'm thinking this will be Cassandra). - 1 month ago

I was told Raphael fans would be in for some stress sweat. I don't know if that Raphael statement can be taken as "No Raphael" or Raphael is really bad. Historically Raphael has been awful outside of SCII, but it sounds like Raphael isn't in. (not confirmation of this though as like he said he might just suck but there is also the possibility that the stress might result from them overhauling his play style). - 1 month ago

Cassandra I heard would be in a while ago, but it wasn't a hard confirmation like all the other characters I'd leaked that would be in. Either way it sounds like she's either in at launch or DLC because of that though. I'm working on finding out who all is left to be revealed for launch and DLC since both have been finalized. - 1 month ago

I don't have any specific information or know what to expect from Tira's design on SCVI. But I feel like that's what makes it so exciting. (further Tira confirmation...you will also note that Cassandra was the character he was unsure of initially not Tira. Think we can more or less say Tira will be in the base roster) - July 27th 2018

"There is something subtle on the character select no one is talking about, that not a single person noticed yet." (From all the speculation it seems there's a lot of things on the character select screen no one had previously noticed ) - 3 days ago

I think it's sad how far gaming has fallen when we need it confirmed that there will be alt costumes, when ideally we should be expecting them.
Never underestimate time devs could save: a (stupid yet accurate) example is Samurai Warriors 4. Usually, characters get at least 4 different weapon models, in SW4 they only had two...

But for SCVI, since Okubo promised the most content-packed game, there should be at least 2 costumes per character, plus at least one stage ;) Otherwise... #RIOT

Last edited:
What would be nice for costumes I think is 2 for everyone by default and you unlock a 3rd for completing that character's story mode (if some don't have their own story they could be unlocked by completing the main story or fighting a particular battle in it against them or something).

Would be a fun extra incentive to finish them all.

What would be nice for costumes I think is 2 for everyone by default and you unlock a 3rd for completing that character's story mode (if some don't have their own story they could be unlocked by completing the main story or fighting a particular battle in it against them or something).

I think we will be lucky if we even get 2 for each character but we might get 2 with multiple color variations for each.

You know if they made Rock into a big muscular (on size with Astaroth) barbarian woman I bet some would stop complaining lol.
Hey you know it too boobs sell, it has always been the case and will always be, whether people agree with it or no. And no amount of SJW whining will ever change the fact that sex sells xD

I think we will be lucky if we even get 2 for each character but we might get 2 with multiple color variations for each.
You know what, now that I think about it, I prefer having only costume peach character with color swap but more actual characters in the game than the other way around. Then they can go the DOA route and sell costumes.

If the rumors about the game being "ready" in July with 20 characters but Okubo asked for a grace period is to be believed, I don't think SC VI budget was anything to write home about, which explain a lot: character numbers, new character minimization and so on.

It is no secret Harada doesn't like the Soul series and Okubo had to strong arm him to get 3 extra months, which were enough to add about 3 characters to the base.

It kinda sucks for Calibur when the head of the fighting game division hates it, I don't hold against team Soul, I blame Harada.

Wait what?!
Why doesn’t Harada like the soul series?
...Because he didn’t create it.

I wanna like the guy, but after the Lucky Chloe controversy I’ve been giving him the side eye, now it seems like his spitefulness runs deeper and he’s growing to be a little distasteful.

I think as fans and players a like we should make the collective effort as a FGC for newcomers so they would want to stay.

The soul series is an amazing franchise (no matter what character we all argue about).

We need to kill the type of negativity that can hinder such a project.
If Okubo-san did indeed fight for an extension to get additional characters in the base roster the man is doing his part (despite the odds).

Let’s encourage the fuck out of this game!

Would you expect all those outfits available on CAS? It would definitely be annoying if they weren't. One could say SC4 didnt have alts depending on how you look at it, and i would prefer that honestly.

... you can color edit everything anyway.

Harada forced SCV to ship 6 months before team soul's deadline.

Huh, i know this was from Namco heads but never heard about this Harada thing, also i don't think he had such power to decide such things, he may have give his suggestion about the subject but i highly doubt the last word was depending on him.

It is no secret Harada doesn't like the Soul series and Okubo had to strong arm him to get 3 extra months, which were enough to add about 3 characters to the base.

It kinda sucks for Calibur when the head of the fighting game division hates it, I don't hold against team Soul, I blame Harada.

I want a citation before I believe this, plus actual evidence that it's hate and not another case of someone interpreting a lack of interest in the franchise as hate.

Man I get the impression that Chinese whispers run wild in here, reminds me of the rhetoric in here not too long ago with the repeated speculation that the lack of Koreans in Soul Calibur 6 is due to the Japanese developers xenophobic attitude towards the nation, which was bollocks then as it is now considring Korea is Tekken's biggest market and now Mina is in.

Last edited:
but the part about Okubo having to strong-arm Bamco to get more time to finish SCVI is true

That's just standard practice from a publisher to make sure a product is delivered on time because potential profits can be greatly reduced plus it can damage relations with the consumer and investors.

Huh, i know this was from Namco heads but never heard about this Harada thing, also i don't think he had such power to decide such things, he may have give his suggestion about the subject but i highly doubt the last word was depending on him.
Harada is literally the head of the fighting game division at Namco, not only that Team Soul was used for TTT2 and that is why content for the game abruptly stopped, even though there is certain data that indicates that more CaS DLC was on it's way.

You know if they made Rock into a big muscular (on size with Astaroth) barbarian woman I bet some would stop complaining lol.

I'd totally be down for a big barbarian lady. Yeah. Cuz 1 there aren't enough women in this roster (ratio is shit) and 2 PS would genuinely surprise me for being slightly bold in that choice.

Hey you know it too boobs sell, it has always been the case and will always be, whether people agree with it or no. And no amount of SJW whining will ever change the fact that sex sells xD

It does, if they're body is in the vein of Ivy/Taki/Sophitia. But if this hypothetical woman existed. I'd see it more so as body positivity/representation as we dont have any big women in the Soul series.

I'd totally be down for a big barbarian lady. Yeah. Cuz 1 there aren't enough women in this roster (ratio is shit) and 2 PS would genuinely surprise me for being slightly bold in that choice.

It does, if they're body is in the vein of Ivy/Taki/Sophitia. But if this hypothetical woman existed. I'd see it more so as body positivity/representation as we dont have any big women in the Soul series.

No, i'm pretty sure there'll be no shortage of complaints for this character either. Regardless of the size of her arms, legs, whatever... She won't be wearing a lot and the devs wont pass up the opportunity to also expand her breast size as well.

This isn't Street Fighter. Where Capcom specifically exaggerates Chun-Li's thighs in order to drive home the point of her kicks being particularly dangerous.

No, i'm pretty sure there'll be no shortage of complaints for this character either. Regardless of the size of her arms, legs, whatever... She won't be wearing a lot and the devs wont pass up the opportunity to also expand her breast size as well.

This isn't Street Fighter. Where Capcom specifically exaggerates Chun-Li's thighs in order to drive home the point of her kicks being particularly dangerous.
Then she wouldn't REALLY be like Rock, now would she?

Back