Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wish fighters would tap their community a little more, it would allow for more prolonged longevity and buy-in. Is there a reason they can't do something similar to WWE games where created characters can be downloaded by anyone? I think they could do this for characters and stages. Designs should be able to be uploaded into a neutral area where people can up vote or down vote something, and any design that reaches a certain threshold should be downloadable.

Additionally more community art should be showcased in galleries. Tekken I think only does this for branded artists, but some other fighters have community stuff.

Amy's only been in a game and a half, was never meant as a replacement unlike all the other duos, and would just feel wrong in the game without Raph. Yet she's also more popular[...]
I think people go a little overboard with that 2015 popularity poll. Was Amy voted more popular in that sample at the time? Yes. However, polls from this year show that people are more interested in having Raphael return in SCVI than Amy.

While I'd certainly like to see both characters in SCVI, it's important to consider more than one source in claiming who is "more popular." Further I'd argue that the 2015 poll has a bit of bias towards characters who were left out of SCV, boosting their scores when the dismay over their exclusion was fresher.

I think people go a little overboard with that 2015 popularity poll. Was Amy voted more popular in that sample at the time? Yes. However, polls from this year show that people are more interested in having Raphael return in SCVI than Amy.

While I'd certainly like to see both characters in SCVI, it's important to consider more than one source in claiming who is "more popular." Further I'd argue that the 2015 poll has a bit of bias towards characters who were left out of SCV, boosting their scores when the dismay over their exclusion was fresher.
I said it i don't know how many times and I'll repeat as many times as needed, why not both, if we can have Sophie /Cassandra, Siegfried /Nightmare.... Then we can have Raph and Amy in this game whatever their sport on the poll is/was...
Plus there is no real proof for the vote boost considering that the last poll took place on EventHubs and allowed to vote for more than one character. (so you could potentially vote for someone that you like the design for but actually never count on playing.)
Plus a lot of people don't even try every character and judge them just based on their gender, look and weapon, just look the crap Rock is getting by all the people that never actually even tried him.

Best way to judge the popularity of a character is the way Facebook did it, one character / Vote

PS: Oh! And don't forget that Amyola have her votes split between Amy and Viola the same problem Aeon and Lizardman got.

Last edited:
A little early to ask, but assuming we won't ever revisit SCV era, what do you think they'll do for future games? They'll have to diverge at some point so how should they do it?
But... But... I don't wanna have to wait till SC7 to see ZWEI again :'(

Anyway on a serious note and not to double post when do you think we will get next reveal?

Anyway on a serious note and not to double post when do you think we will get next reveal?

What will probably happen: No more announcements this month until Gamescom; possibly a character reveal before then, but not likely.

My highly unrealistic dream: CaS trailer this week, leading up the second story mode trailer at Gamescom because I really really really want the other story mode to be CaS-related.

Dude forget about Amy she uses a Rapier like Raphael, she can't be in, she is a clone and there is no popularly poll that can ever change that Kappa
(plus that poll was for Lost Swords so basically that thing is over now and they did out her in it :p)

So.. people want Rock in SC6 but refuse to see Amy, because she’s a « clone »? Welle, she isn’t. Her moveset is vert different from Raphael’s, not like in SC3, plus, you have Mitsurugi/Yoshi, Sieg/Night already in the game. I love Amy and she will be in DLC bcause Okubo-san listens to the community. The poll was made after SCLostswords right? (i think LS was in 2014, and the poll was in 2015, wrong again..sorry). Ok people love Rock.. but hum.. Lizardman + Rock in the same gale? C’mon, why don’t have Edge Master + Elysium + SC5 kilik with them XD (joke).
Rock is way less popular than a lot of characters that appeared in previous games, even Viola from SC5. Imagine, Project Soul giving a case for Rock and not for Tira, who reached the 10th place of the poll, LOL. I would be ok if he is in DLC, the bonus character for ex.
Rock wouldn’t be a smart choice for DLC alone, but assuming we’ll have to get Cassandra, Amy, Setsu, Hilde + Tira?? Nooope.

So.. people want Rock in SC6 but refuse to see Amy, because she’s a « clone »? Welle, she isn’t. Her moveset is vert different from Raphael’s, not like in SC3, plus, you have Mitsurugi/Yoshi, Sieg/Night already in the game. I love Amy and she will be in DLC bcause Okubo-san listens to the community. The poll was made after SCLostswords right? (i think LS was in 2014, and the poll was in 2015, wrong again..sorry). Ok people love Rock.. but hum.. Lizardman + Rock in the same gale? C’mon, why don’t have Edge Master + Elysium + SC5 kilik with them XD (joke).
Rock is way less popular than a lot of characters that appeared in previous games, even Viola from SC5. Imagine, Project Soul giving a case for Rock and not for Tira, who reached the 10th place of the poll, LOL. I would be ok if he is in DLC, the bonus character for ex.
Rock wouldn’t be a smart choice for DLC alone, but assuming we’ll have to get Cassandra, Amy, Setsu, Hilde + Tira?? Nooope.

1st i agree with you totally man, I'm all for Amy

2nd i think you don't know what irony is " Kappa " should have helped you see that :p

And no you are wrong sorry, there was another poll made only in Japan for what character people like that wasn't in SC5 (nothing to do with the official Facebook poll made later) in this poll Amy actually won and was made playable in Lost Swords for free (wasn't the case for the 2nd and 3rd place Mi-na and Cassandra)

If the rumors about the game being "ready" in July with 20 characters but Okubo asked for a grace period is to be believed, I don't think SC VI budget was anything to write home about, which explain a lot: character numbers, new character minimization and so on.

It is no secret Harada doesn't like the Soul series and Okubo had to strong arm him to get 3 extra months, which were enough to add about 3 characters to the base.

It kinda sucks for Calibur when the head of the fighting game division hates it, I don't hold against team Soul, I blame Harada.

What make you Think Harada don't like the Soul Series?

About the budget of the game i think it's quite high for the genre, but it's hard to know this for now, everything is high quality from what we've seen, and if the Story Mode will be something like T7 Injustice 2 or MKX i think SC6 will have some kind level of budget.

SC6 when it will be release will be the only 3D fighting game in this gen with high budget without a very long Arcade cycle, or any Arcade cycle. Something to really consider is that Tekken 7 wouldn't have half of its content if it didn't stuck 3 years on Arcade and may also won't have the amount of content of the upcoming SC6.

I will never say it enough but just by the fact that we're getting SC6 straight console release without an ugly Arcade time exclusive release is already a huge plus compare to how T7 situation was handled with the ugliest business model ever exist to date.

A more positive use of energy would be to either stop talking about Rock or talk about ways he can be improved.

I'd imagine a lot goes into character preferences among different people. Appearance, voice, general attitude, stance, movements but most importantly i think is the moveset. If enough of the moves look fun and appealing, i think the other factors can generally be overlooked, especially with features like alts and customization.

Some key things to note about him.

Him and Astaroth are the only "large brutes", and fighting games generally have more than one choice of them. Sometimes several.

He fills the Native/Barbarian role which i think should be somewhat important for this kind of game. Its also coincidentally similar to the Viking theme which has picked up tremendously in popularity over the past few years. I suspect Skyrim is largely responsible for that.

Back