Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I've just seen one of Patroklos' scrapped concept art. Why didn't Project Soul use this? It looks way better than generic white guy. Imagine him as a Turkish Janissary, and the back story would have been awesome with the Devshirme system of the Ottoman Empire. Personally, I would have have him a yataghan blade instead of curved sabre. I hope they revisit this concept again.

s-l300.jpg

latest

Pictures of Jannisaries
875852b160fee8890118b33d63fad8a4.jpg

5de3493f7f8b887af66dd6424778e10c.jpg
WTF I didnt knew about this at all ! As a turkish seeing pat like that would made me happy lol but too late now :(

Everyone got super butthurt at the very thought of Roronoa Zoro from One Piece months ago but now we're entertaining the Fate series? Y'all hate on anime and fantasy elements except when it's convenient and it's so exhausting.
Which is quite odd considering Siegfried seems to be heavily based off of Guts (1989 the manga first released a full 6 years before soul edge)...

The anime backlash wasn’t a general anime backlash, it was that One Piece’s art style HELLA CLASHES with what Calibur has going on.

Like take the new Shōnen Jump fighting game coming out, guess which universe of characters looks fucking awful compared to the others? Yep, it’s the One Piece chars.

The Fate series has a very standard style which would mesh with SC quite well, in my opinion.

In summary, fuck One Piece. Oda, that hack, can’t draw for shit. (Story’s good [sometimes]though).

Summerjam is the 31st if this month? Right?

Good to see Namco will provide enough setups to hold a side tourney. I want this game to gain as much traction as possible so we can come out of the gate on release day with a robust tournament turn out and get a Namco sponsored world tour.

Bright, shiny future, hooooooooo!

Next week we will be at roughly 8 weeks/2 months away from the game, I think it is safe to say the last 2 week lap will bring us no new information. it seems we are all being optimistic here and considering 6 characters left to reveal.

Okay so, this gives us 6 weeks before information stop coming out, which is 3 character reveal cycles, I think they need to inform people who is the pre-order bonus character so they can finally put it on PSN, Steam and Xbox live
The anime backlash wasn’t a general anime backlash, it was that One Piece’s art style HELLA CLASHES with what Calibur has going on.

Like take the new Shōnen Jump fighting game coming out, guess which universe of characters looks fucking awful compared to the others? Yep, it’s the One Piece chars.

The Fate series has a very standard style which would mesh with SC quite well, in my opinion.

In summary, fuck One Piece. Oda, that hack, can’t draw for shit. (Story’s good [sometimes]though).
Art style and drawing ability are different, Oda is objectively great at drawing

Tekken 6 customization is better than any fighting game customization imho.

(T7's in the other hand...)

T6 and Virtua Fighter 5 FS were top for character based customization, as most all of the customizations were designed on an individual basis. You didn't have largely generic or ill-fitting stuff like in Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 7. There was also much less out-and-out stupid stuff like giant pizzas on the back or shower heads coming out of the character's noggin. On top of that, characters still had unique 2p designs. The only out-and-out true improvement from either game's customization is the addition of free-range color choice, but even that turned out to be a double-edged sword with how garish some players can get.

That said, the Tekken 6 or VF5 sort of approach wouldn't have worked so well for actual character creation. Soul Calibur has room for improvement (especially in the face department, and needless equipment conflicts), but it gets a lot right overall.

Last edited:
Back