Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Lookin at the recommended PC specs I’m thinkin it must be 1080p locked at 60fps or max 1440p (but think it may be difficult to lock it at 60fps).

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy on Steam or on PS4. What do people see as the pros and cons? Steam probably will involve more irritating hackers, right? And in the case of Dark Souls, it was frustratingly a lot more difficult to contact other players on Steam compared to over PSN. But what would be the benefits? Any ideas if there will be matchmaking cross-platform? Anyone done a weighted analysis here?
PS4 is the tournament standard. However, the majority of the players here will be on both platforms. Cross-play isn't going to be a thing because of Sony, unfortunately.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy on Steam or on PS4. What do people see as the pros and cons? Steam probably will involve more irritating hackers, right? And in the case of Dark Souls, it was frustratingly a lot more difficult to contact other players on Steam compared to over PSN. But what would be the benefits? Any ideas if there will be matchmaking cross-platform? Anyone done a weighted analysis here?
PC:
-Graphics
-Possibly mods (unlikely tho based on how Denuvo is implemented)
-Cleaner matchmaking service (if T7 and DBFZ are to be followed)
-Free online
-Price will drop MUCH faster on 3rd party sites
-More controller options

PS4:
-Much larger/more active playerbase
-Tournament standard
-Little incompatibility issues
-More stable performance than lower-end PCs (if Bamco doesn't fuck up optimization)

Also hackers aren't a thing lol. Idk why that shit keeps being perpetuated like it's 2005. Hackers haven't been a thing in online games in a long time, and haven't existed in fighters ever.
One question.I have Intel i7 4790 3,6GHz with Sapphire R9 270X 2GB.Can I run it on 1920 x 1080?
With that GPU, maybe turn settings down to Medium/Mid-low. Idrk how T7 fares with lower end parts so i can't be sure.

One question.I have Intel i7 4790 3,6GHz with Sapphire R9 270X 2GB.Can I run it on 1920 x 1080?
It has more or less the same requirements as Tekken 7, so if you can run that you can probably run SC6 just fine.

I didn't find your specific combination, but that GPU with this worse CPU seems to be doing just fine. Maybe turn down depth of field or some detail settings.

Hm...I went ahead and searched the comparisons between your computers' specs and SCVI's recommended settings. Your CPU seems fine. However, with your GPU, you may or may not be able to run SCVI on 1080P 60FPS consistently (depending on if it's medium, high or ultra settings). Here are the comparison links.
https://www.game-debate.com/cpu/ind...-i5-4690-3-5ghz-vs-core-i7-4790-4-core-3-6ghz
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-AMD-R9-270X/3650vs2188

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

yeeeessssssssssssss.PNG

Seems I won't be able to play Soulcalibur VI on PC after all...those specs are way too high for my computer and I don't feel like buying a new one to play one game.

Hm...I went ahead and searched the comparisons between your computers' specs and SCVI's recommended settings. Your CPU seems fine. However, with your GPU, you may or may not be able to run SCVI on 1080P 60FPS consistently (depending on if it's medium, high or ultra settings). Here are the comparison links.
https://www.game-debate.com/cpu/ind...-i5-4690-3-5ghz-vs-core-i7-4790-4-core-3-6ghz
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-vs-AMD-R9-270X/3650vs2188
Eh. Japanese devs seem to have a tendency to overstate their minimum specs. A better comparison might be his card vs the 750ti, which is roughly equivalent to the ps4.

It's UE4 so I don't think we need to be hugely concerned about an unoptimized PC version.

I wouldn't take the specs super literally. My secondary machine has a 970, which is a 4-year old card, and it's about 1.75x faster than the 1050. Even that 270x should be okay. Playable? Definitely. High quality? Most likely not.

But chances are, if you're on here, you have something else to play it on anyway, so it's probably not the end of the world. I do a lot of heavy PC gaming, so you better believe my main machine has a 1080 ti in it. Not that it matters, because the game is hardlocked at 60fps. =\

I wouldn't take the specs super literally. My secondary machine has a 970, which is a 4-year old card, and it's about 1.75x faster than the 1050. Even that 270x should be okay. Playable? Definitely. High quality? Most likely not. But chances are, if you're on here, you have something else to play it on anyway, so it's probably not the end of the world.\
GTX 970, 16 RAM, FX 8350, both gamedebate and canirun this are saying I can run it pretty reasonably...but I'm not sure if that's true. If it is though it does bring up the question why would they put minimum requirements so high? I was planning to pick it up on PS4 as well as PC so I'll probably end up doing both and seeing if it runs. If I'm questioning if my computer can run it then I'm sure tons of other people are as well.

GTX 970, 16 RAM, FX 8350, both gamedebate and canirun this are saying I can run it pretty reasonably...but I'm not sure if that's true. If it is though it does bring up the question why would they put minimum requirements so high? I was planning to pick it up on PS4 as well as PC so I'll probably end up doing both and seeing if it runs. If I'm questioning if my computer can run it then I'm sure tons of other people are as well.

The 970 will be able to hit 60 no problem. Your computer is actually really similar to my other machine, even down to having an FX processor. It's actually out in the living room and what my friends and I play Tekken 7 on when people are over. You've got what it takes, trust me. The minimum specs are high because you ideally want to hit 60 FPS and stay there.

@kyrt I'm also running an FX-8350, and I have yet to have trouble running anything. The difference between your system and mine is that I have a 1070 Ti, but I only got that because my 970 went out and I got a heck of a deal on it. I was planning on upgrading my CPU to an R7-2700X to match it, but so far I haven't felt the need. I'm more than confident that you and I both will run the game at a solid 60.

I got question, please pardon my English if it's hard to understand.

Let's say my old laptop can only run the game at 30 fps. Will the gameplay run with half speed, or the speed still same/normal? Anyone got experience with Tekken 7?

Back