Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

A mimic taking a slot instead of a unique character like Setsuka or Hilde...

...... Nah that’s a violation.
Can you imagine Namco throwing out an announcement trailer for a mimic such as inferno. LMAO.

I’d prefer he not be playable.
Tira has already hit a weak spot in expectation, don’t widen the wound.

Personally I wouldn’t mind mimics in after characters that are requested have made it in.
This includes “clones” like Rock and Cassandra.

I’m glad mokujin isn’t in Tekken 7, a good amount of vets got cut.
Tree bark shouldn’t be a priority, leave it in the bin.

A mimic doesn't require that much work, and tbh even his design doesn't need as much work as the rest of the cast, i mean he's just some body with a lot of fire lol

While the other characters like Maxi, or Sophie and the others, need works and a lot attention to many details,the face, the clothes, the gameplay that alone require a lot of work and that include many stuffs as well.(You guys already know,i don't think i need to go into full details). Inferno won't require 5% from that.

Inferno didn't take a spot to anyone, he will be just in the roster.

A mimic doesn't require that much work, and tbh even his design doesn't need as much work as the rest of the cast, i mean he's just some body with a lot of fire lol

While the other characters like Maxi, or Sophie and the others, need works and a lot attention to many details,the face, the clothes, the gameplay that alone require a lot of work and that include many stuffs as well.(You guys already know,i don't think i need to go into full details). Inferno won't require 5% from that.

Inferno didn't take a spot to anyone, he will be just in the roster.

I hope Inferno is just an unplayable boss in the story.

Can you imagine Namco throwing out an announcement trailer for a mimic such as inferno. LMAO.

Personally I wouldn’t mind mimics in after characters that are requested have made it in.

Just because a mimic is on the select screen, doesnt mean it took some other character's space. It takes minimal work to develop comparatively speaking. In short, 1 mimic doesnt equal 1 original character in terms of development but it does have its uses.

Of course everyone wants their favorite characters on the roster at release but that just isnt going to happen. DLC has to be made up of characters people would want to purchase. Otherwise there isnt a point in having it at all.

Feel like it's way too preemptive and pessimistic to assume this is the end for the series before the game is out and all. There is no genuine way of knowing that. Besides, it's best to have hope and support the game so we can hopefully maintain our beloved series. Normally I'm not one for optimism, but I believe in the potential for SCVI to revitalize the series fully, even if it may end up with its downsides.

Imagine the irony if Edgemaster returns as a CaS. It'll feel weird seeing him. At least if this is SC1+ interquel to SC2, Cassie wouldn't have been a fighter yet.

It takes very little to make a mimic and they have their uses. One single Mimic is a fine addition that costs very little. The travesty of five was not only having three mimics and pretending it made for a full roster, but having one of the mimics actually being a preestablished non mimic on top of it. I'm exceedingly pissy about the three mimics in five scenario, but as for for not having a single mimic, that's just silly. It takes minimal effort for such a character.

Could someone perchance explain why a mimic character whose model was already completed, whose style can just be copy/pasted from games past, and who's perfectly functional for the story mode shouldn't be made playable? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the resources needed to commission official art and set their CaS limits wouldn't stop a character from being added if they planned to otherwise. Am I missing something?

--Forgon

Imagine the irony if Edgemaster returns as a CaS. It'll feel weird seeing him. At least if this is SC1+ interquel to SC2, Cassie wouldn't have been a fighter yet.

I'm hoping they do something cool with him and give him several weapons similar to Ezio. Maybe he can be an answer of sorts for anyone demanding CotS weapons return. Since realistically i'm probably not getting my Valeria with Grieve Edge back.

What you are trying to say? Cassandra could easily return, this is a REBOOT. Also, even if she's DLC she'll likely her own Soul Chronicle chapter like Tira (who would only be 13 before SCII).

Used her as an example assuming that they're sticking mainly with a retelling. Tira as we see her is definitely not 13. Then again, this story takes place over a few years. But SC1 could expand because as I mentioned, I think travel times are being taken into consideration.

Used her as an example assuming that they're sticking mainly with a retelling. Tira as we see her is definitely not 13. Then again, this story takes place over a few years. But SC1 could expand because as I mentioned, I think travel times are being taken into consideration.
Except this is a reboot. You don't believe me, read this:

https://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/New_Timeline

Also, Tira has an altered backstory if you needed further proof.

Well we don't know for sure just yet, but those creepy blue-and-albino anime rejects may have something to do with it. But if it means Sophitia can swallow at least once, we know she's safe.

Back