Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You know what PS should do?

A concept contest. They show a bunch of concepts for Soulcalibur and have the audience vote, and the one with the most votes becomes a legit character. Think like what Eliza became in Tekken.
Oh, my! I'd love that... But even more than that I'd like for us, fans, to be able to submit our designs to Project Soul directly. I really want to push my concept of a 19 year old Bangoo, who would probably be called differently, but Rock called him like that because his tiny brain couldn't comprehend the boy's Apache name. x)))
FB_IMG_1535638819467.jpg

Here's a bigger image for Tira's story screenshot.

img_ss_01.jpg

Hope these are all voiced , it will definitely make the experience more immersive and will make it feel complete. Though I would still like ending cutscenes as they were done in SCIII, but I’m guessing the main story might be the only thing with cutscenes.

So Gloomy and Jolly have different portraits... The eyes and lips look slightly different if you look closely.

But she looks too much like a green Amy in the art.

I always wondered why nightmare kept tira around... he doesn't have anymore of his "humanity" at that point right? Like he's just purely soul edge so wouldn't he like just take her soul or something?

Uh did anyone else just notice this; There's a new unknown game mode listed on the main website (as well as the updates for libra of the soul and create-a-soul. (Also Tira is now up)

Here

Seems to be where Famitsu got their information.

It could mean anything but...

Me right now.

tenor.gif

Hype intensifies thanks to all new info shown today.

My soul is burning again.

Fighting style.

Aka: You can choose Geralt's fighting style. Presumably if they add more guests, possibly their styles too. (Though I imagine the IP-holder has a say in that.)

As people have said, it tends to have to be related to the school of the fighting style and can also be a direct reference to Geralt who is from the school of the Wolf.

____

Anyone worrying about file size, 10 GB is still a lot of content. The things that take the most space is high resolution textures and pre rendered footage at high resolution followed by high density models. A game like battlefront or halo has a huge file size because they have a large amount of levels that are big but also have a large amount of unique objects with high texture data. All of Soul Caliburs stages are probably less in size than the a lot of the big name releases because its a fighting game. You can easily look at all the older games that have been packed with content and notice that their file sizes are also relatively small based on current game sizes and they turned out fine. They also probably have some more efficient packing algorithms now as well for storage.

All this means is that Okubo and the rest of the production staff took what Namco gave them and tried to figure out how to get the best bang for their buck so that we would all be happy.

What the hell does the “school” of other guest characters even mean?

There are different schools of Witchers (in The Witcher franchise). Probably refering to the school of the "Wolf" (that's Geralt's style/school).

The school of the wolf is a school of witchers headquartered at Kaer Morhen (the stage we are also getting for SCVI).

Witcher schools:

Back