Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wonder if Soul Calibur could get away with calling itself a Fighter/RPG with it's Libra of Soul Mode. They'd did say it has as many lines as an RPG in it. You do make a character, etc. Could it claim full RPG status to try to better appeal to RPG gamers?

I wonder if Soul Calibur could get away with calling itself a Fighter/RPG with it's Libra of Soul Mode. They'd did say it has as many lines as an RPG in it. You do make a character, etc. Could it claim full RPG status to try to better appeal to RPG gamers?

I know people that never played a fighting game and played Injustice 2 only because it has those stats in gears systems. So i guess maybe so.

Clearly+not+_4794e41e1ca31c308c053fe28859b3f6.png

There are eight SC6 setups on the PAX show floor. There's been a long line, but it's been moving quickly. Plus, you get to watch some SC6 gameplay while waiting, so it's not a bad wait at all. It's a great place to be.

My only complaint is that all the setups have arcade sticks with the button layout:
AB
GK

Not to get too judgmental or anything, but if that's your preferred way to play SoulCalibur, you're a criminal who belongs in jail. And button remapping isn't really allowed, since there are displays everywhere telling new players what the buttons do. My mind is very slowly adjusting to this madness.

The one thing that has been bugging me about the character select screen since they added them is those two mystery circles on the left and right. I know they are going to be used to select something...all the circles in both character and stage select with dotted lines between them have led to something that can be selected and there is no way they will keep the color options in that big of a box for the release of the game...especially if there are only two alternate colors (which I am hoping won't be the case). So they'll make it smaller and move them further left/right and we'll be able to access those two areas.

The fact there are two slots makes me think that perhaps they are for the two boss characters we know about in the game. One for Inferno and one for Azwel and they look the way they do because they haven't been unlocked yet. Once you beat story mode or libra mode each of them unlock proper.

While a lot of people have been speculating Inferno being in the middle I think it is equally as likely that the middle will be a slot for CaS characters or possibly nothing at all similar to V (which would admittedly be a mistake).

It's quite likely that we will not be seeing another demo of the game and considering how much the character select screen changed since reveal to E3 I think the chances of it further changing are ridiculously high.

Back