Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well about Dynasty at least he's exposing SC6 to a lot of people/ many potential new fans.
True that. At least to give him a break for that. However, I still don't like how he raises hope for someone that is looking for news for SCVI only to see it is some guy doing it for only views.

Last edited:
True that. At least to give him a break for that. However, I still don't like how he raises hope for someone that is looking for news for SCVI only to see it is some guy doing it for only views.
That's only worthwhile if he respected the audience and subject enough to not pull crap outta thin air.

I mean it's not like he uses ambiguous content or whatever, they're screenshots from SCV Cervantes and Voldo etc, surely fans of the games would be able to tell? Or am I trippin. His videos never look clickbaity to me but they are dull to listen to.

Sensationalistic missinformation = clickbait. Even if it's a picture or Cervy from SC5, it "could potentially mean" it's revealed that Cervy is in but no screenshots were given yet, things like that. Clickbait operates on the "hope" that what is on the screenshot is somehow relevant to the video posted, like, if you've seen some Sophitia boobs and the video is about Nightmare combos, you clicked because you've seen a nice boobed lady, so what if she's from the same game. Likewise here, you click because you see that manly 'stash and hope that "OMG, CERVY CONFIRMED IN MY GOD MY GOD wait, why am I wasting time, nothing's been revealed".

... wow, that's a totally unnecesary wall of text xD

Well what should he use as a thumbnail for a Soulcalibur video? Something not related to Soulcalibur? Yeah that'll really get people interested.

There are plenty of SC6 screenshots out there. Using screenshots of unconfirmed characters from other games is most certainly clickbait.

Dude people in these forums have asked questions like that about every small event since the initial reveal trailer in December. I really don't see the problem.

For example I remember searching for SC6 on youtube and seeing his "story mode news" video with Voldo thumbnail ... Even though he didnt even talked about him in the video.

Dude people in these forums have asked questions like that about every small event since the initial reveal trailer in December. I really don't see the problem.
Yeah, and they've been constantly dissapointed. Don't really need someone with a megaphone doing that to his viewers too. Stuff like that is why we were deleting 30+ posts a day in the news thread before it was closed.

Also where did he get the idea that there would be a new character reveal at PAX?

Last edited:
Also where did he get the idea that there would be a new character reveal at PAX?
Something tells me it's less about actually knowing or thinking there will be a reveal and more about just getting views through misleading titles because unfortunately there are people who will see this and believe it, and then start spreading it around themselves. Hence the constant shitshow we have with 'predictions' on when a reveal will come, and who it will feature. Anyway, I had wrongly assumed the community was already well acquainted with the nature of his videos.

Fair enough. To me he's just doing his job.
There is a difference between being a guy on YouTube and a journalist. I think if you're going to occupy the space that a journalist does, you should probably look into following similar ethical guidelines. There are reasons such guidelines developed over the centuries.

If your only job is to get views regardless of the quality of the reporting or offering inaccurate information just to get people to watch you, you're lower than TMZ.

That is why his credibility is so poorly regarded.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why you're attempting to convert me to being a "Dynasty-hater" lol. It's speculation about a game, not spreading political lies or wrongly defaming someone's character. It's not that deep. His job is to get people to click on his videos, he does it the easiest way possible, I'm not going to sit here and bash him for choices he makes when I equally have the choice to not look at his content.

@Ave nobody wants to "convert " you to being a "dynasty-hater".
Think what you want, but by definition of the word "clickbait" it is crystal clear.
He is doing his "job" but in a "dirty" way.

I saw those vids, the day he posted them.
After that pathetic clickbait (thats my opinion) i stopped watching his vids.
And i am not the only one, who will react this way.

(Also, isn't it everywhere like this? 90% of commercials, news etc. are "clickbait" - it's a pretty common "tool")

Back