Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Game should start arriving in some stores this week...only a matter of time before someone gets an early copy. Games usually arrive in stores 2-4 weeks before release and just sit in the back until it is time to sell.

Also been viewing a number of videos on youtube and discussions elsewhere and my god the amount of misinformation being spread about this game is ridiculous.
Like what misinformation?

Like what misinformation?
Creation Mode is going to all be DLC, 5 characters in the season pass, Tira is from the series conception and should have been included, Creations can't be used online, the failure to understand game development in general, story mode is DLC (probably people somehow confusing the Tira getting a story mode part), Reversal Edge is an easy win button, Geralt is the main character, and the list continues. It's really ridiculous some of it.

Game should start arriving in some stores this week...only a matter of time before someone gets an early copy. Games usually arrive in stores 2-4 weeks before release and just sit in the back until it is time to sell.

Also been viewing a number of videos on youtube and discussions elsewhere and my god the amount of misinformation being spread about this game is ridiculous.

I have a feeling the Day 1 Patch will be significant here with Soul Calibur.

Creation Mode is going to all be DLC, 5 characters in the season pass, Tira is from the series conception and should have been included, Creations can't be used online, the failure to understand game development in general, story mode is DLC (probably people somehow confusing the Tira getting a story mode part), Reversal Edge is an easy win button, Geralt is the main character, and the list continues. It's really ridiculous some of it.
Lol

I...

What the fuck lol

Is there any indication that libra of soul and chronicles will have difficulty toggles? Or at least get harder with progression? So far the cpu seems extremely easy from the footage available, like Hayate's preview gameplay etc and I don't think he mentioned anything about difficulty settings yet. Hope we can make it very hard to make it a fun challenge.

No it's not. There have been two different pictures. One has an extra row over the other. The presumption is as more characters are unlocked more rows open and aren't there until the unlock.
There's actually been an image going around that only has 16 characters which is obviously not the case...so the idea of more rows appearing as characters are unlocked or added seems valid.

edit: I just realized the image will probably just add to the misinformation people have about the game...great.

Thanks destructoid for confirmation that Edge Master is not returning as a playable character unless they want to piss us all off (take everything with a grain of salt considering their source is Dynasty).

"players who were able to progress past level 20 of the upcoming fighter's "Soul Chronicle" story mode, received a pop-up notification that they had "unlocked Inferno". This, as I'm sure fans will be aware, refers to a long-time boss character in the Soulcalibur series, a huge creature of fire and brimstone and the guiding force behind the legendary sword itself.

Further reports from the show also included supposed screenshots of the monster itself, along with word that Inferno is a mimic character, and can take on the moveset of any other character on the Soulcalibur VI roster."
524345-infer%20head.jpg');

edit: unless of course this is misinformed as well. Trust nothing.

edit 2: Lol apparently this IS misinformation considering the source is Dynasty of all people.

Last edited:
Thanks destructoid for confirmation that Edge Master is not returning as a playable character unless they want to piss us all off

"players who were able to progress past level 20 of the upcoming fighter's "Soul Chronicle" story mode, received a pop-up notification that they had "unlocked Inferno". This, as I'm sure fans will be aware, refers to a long-time boss character in the Soulcalibur series, a huge creature of fire and brimstone and the guiding force behind the legendary sword itself.

Further reports from the show also included supposed screenshots of the monster itself, along with word that Inferno is a mimic character, and can take on the moveset of any other character on the Soulcalibur VI roster."
524345-infer%20head.jpg');

edit: unless of course this is misinformed as well. Trust nothing.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" - Ezio :sc5ezi1:

True, Checkpoint TV deleted the video about unlocking Inferno and uploaded new videos. No video after showed the updated character select screen with Inferno to confirm if he's mimic or not.

If you check the article, their source is Dynasty.

So take it with a grain of salt.
:sc2cha2:But I hope he is a mimic.:sc2cha1:
oh god I didn't even notice that...yeah take it with whatever is less than a grain. I'm going edit my above post to try and prevent (not cause) misinformation.

Back