Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don't know why but I lost the hype for the game completely ;/
It would have been better if they just told us who is in and who is out from the beginning. For example, they could say: "we have decided not to include ZWEI for the foreseeable future"..... since nobody hardly voted for him! We don't know who the rest of the DLCs are yet. Is it likely that Hwang could still be unlockable in the base roster?

Just to double check, we're not seeing some sort of redacted or limited version of arcade that maybe isn't the full experience we'll be getting in the game, right?
Like, I mean, what we're seeing now is really truly the arcade mode? D: Is kinda lame...

Edit: nvm I forgot about Soul Chronicle giving endings! :D

There's a listed release order. We will get:
Tira Day One
Characther
CaS pieces*
Character
CaS pieces*
Character.

*100 in the entire Season Pass.
I wish we get specific months soon and not have to wait 2 months for each thing.

Unless the season is less than 1 year, it will probably be 2 months for each thing.

This makes me wonder about the guest character... because if they still haven't decided, that might mean there's less chance the guest will appear S1, and they may have to do a S2.

No character endings in a fighting game from 2018??? HAHAHAHA Fu ck you Namco :) That is so lame, japanese fighting games are becoming worse and worse in terms of content
This is not an RPG... it's a fast-paced tactical fighter that is visually stunning and rewarding to play... H, L, M, vertical, horizontal... special mid? special low? Stances, guard breaks, stuns, soul charge, lethal hit with technical frame data. It's about strings and combinations, etc.

This is not an RPG... it's a fast-paced tactical fighter that is visually stunning and rewarding to play... H, L, M, vertical, horizontal... special mid? special low? Stances, guard breaks, stuns, soul charge, lethal hit with technical frame data. It's about strings and combinations, etc.

I wonder if a RPG with fighting-game mechanics could be successful. There's a lot of Action RPGs, but the mechanics in those are pretty loose.

I wonder if a RPG with fighting-game mechanics could be successful. There's a lot of Action RPGs, but the mechanics in those are pretty loose.
I hate hybrids. Detracts from the pure martial spirit essence of fighting game competition. SC is Bloodsport with weapons = American Samurai! If Himiteshu had bothered watching Bloodsport (1988) during his youth or even learning to play a musical instrument I'm sure things would have turned out a lot different! There was even a guy at a recent SCVI tournament sporting a Bloodsport T-shirt...

Just for the record, SC3 and SC4 also have an arcade mode without endings, just for score and time sake.
This isn't a first in SC5 nor in SC6.

SC6 already has story chapters per characters in Soul Chronicles, so each of them already has story scenes.

Sure it's not the way NRS is doing with MK and Injustice but that's a lot better than barebones SC5 which only had story contents and progress for a few characters.

Just for the record, SC3 and SC4 also have an arcade mode without endings, just for score and time sake.
This isn't a first in SC5 nor in SC6.

SC6 already has story chapters per characters in Soul Chronicles, so each of them already has story scenes.

Sure it's not the way NRS is doing with MK and Injustice but that's a lot better than barebones SC5 which only had story contents and progress for a few characters.

SCIII had Tales of Souls for all standard characters except Abyss & Bonus Characters.
SCIV had a Story Mode for all Standard & Bonus Characters. Bonus Characters didn't get High Res Cutscene Endings.
SCVI's Soul Chronicle is better than Tekken 7's 1 bout story episodes after completing the main story.

All character endings are in Soul Chronicle mode. There was no Soul Chronicle mode in previous SC games, so they had to put character endings into Arcade. There is no need to do so anymore when a better option is available.

Arcade endings are almost always uncanonical, which allows for more creativity and comedic scenes that wouldn't fit the main story. But the Soul Chronical episodes should be canonical for all characters, except maybe guests. It's not strictly necessary, but it wouldn't be pointless to have both. It would have been a welcome addition if it doesn't result in other areas of the game lacking polish.

Arcade endings are almost always uncanonical, which allows for more creativity and comedic scenes that wouldn't fit the main story. But the Soul Chronical episodes should be canonical for all characters, except maybe guests. It's not strictly necessary, but it wouldn't be pointless to have both. It would have been a welcome addition if it doesn't result in other areas of the game lacking polish.

Geralt has a Soul Chronicle story.

Unless the season is less than 1 year, it will probably be 2 months for each thing.

This makes me wonder about the guest character... because if they still haven't decided, that might mean there's less chance the guest will appear S1, and they may have to do a S2.
Since someone here said about having a GoT character being the guest character, i'm convinced that it will happen.
So, it should be released during the final season of the series or not long after it ends.
Jon Snow can steal some moves from Darth Vader (obviously swings, not The Force) and use Ghost like Kazumi does in Tekken. Summoning khalesi with her dragons as his Ultimate.

Back