Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Wow.

Taki looks really good (even though I only have a little 480p video to go by). Can't wait for the 1080p version.

Some early thoughts:

1) I like how the mekki maru glows when she enters PO.

2) The glowing energy body tattoos (post soul charge) are a nice touch, but imo a little too prominent. Well there was lore about how her body suit gave her special defensive properties to protect her against demons, so I guess there's that.

3) She has a projectile attack now? Some shuriken ?

4) Her ninja poses during her CE animation are pretty cool. I'll have to brace myself for some SJW to complain about the "gratuitous" boob while she's pulling out her glowing mekki maru, and her ass during her after-explosion ninja pose

5) This trailer was the first in the series that really sells me that her second blade mekki-maru is something much more special than her regular ninja sword. Before I always thought they were just 2 weapons from a set and you wouldn't know otherwise unless you dug into the lore.

6) That flaming explosion (nuclear mushroom cloud) doesn't seem to match the energy effect of Taki driving the mekki maru into Nightmare's sternum. Also, does she disappear/teleport while it explodes to avoid damage ?

7) The key art is also amazing (no surprise coming from Kawano).

8) I'm not a fan of asymmetrical sleeves (she has one arm with the leather bracer +armguard while her other arm has only cloth bandages and the wrist beads.

9) I think her shoulder guard designs is less impressive than in SC4. It certainly doesn't feel as japanese (oni) looking to me. I like the demon collar and the fact she doesn't have the fishnet texture for her bodysuit.

10) Her RE animations look unimpressive (holding out that tiny blade) but I really like how, post RE clash, she charges at sophitia holding her blade in a reverse grip.

Last edited:
I
OMG, She looks amazing!!! I can't even process this shit.... I had to leave class just so i can sit in my car and watch that trailer over and over and fangirl like crazy...!!

I'm so happy.
Insta new avatar for Soul :P

Also somebody out there please tell me that once Taki is announced officially this Thursday or next that we not gonna have to wait till E3 now :O that's like 6 weeks away :(

OMG, She looks amazing!!! I can't even process this shit.... I had to leave class just so i can sit in my car and watch that trailer over and over and fangirl like crazy...!!

I'm so happy.

Wait I though you are a dude x)

Ha so that's leak lol it's sucks for the company. But what can you do leaks happens lol

In terms of epic-ness, her CE is up there.

I'd rank them as follows:

1) Nightmare
2) Evil Seed Kilik
3) Taki / Ivy / Sophitia
4) Kilik / Xianghua / Zasalamel
5) Mitsurugi / Siegfried

Geralt I feel I haven't seen it in its entirety (no aftermath pose, which to me is super important)

Back