Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

- I'm sorry to say this but, if you honestly can't counter RE you really need to get better, I'm not saying this as a elitist, I'm saying this as a casual who had 0 issue punishing people who tried to RE for the entire match.

-The netcode was pretty good, I find weird how many people were having issues, most my matches were much more playable than anything back in SC V days and much more stable as well. There were stuttering, but nothing that made it unplayable.

-The game is super fun, 10/10 great beta.
We're you on Ethernet?
I had good and bad games, never selected below 3 bars, and even sometimes had lag on a 4 bar game.
There's nothing weird about people having network issues given they are playing over the internet with always fluctuating conditions, as well as the difference in connection quality everyone has from their router to the ISP backbone.

Anbody else find that it's very hard to sidestep an attack at too close a range? For instance if somebody is piling on the pressure with fast combo strings at close range and you can't get a hit in quick enough so you try to sidestep up or down, their attacks just seem to track easily.

Wow so many people hate RE lmao. It's so easy to dodge, you just have to practice imo.
+ It's very useful in moments of pressure, even for good players.

I found it a bit awkward to use in all honesty, especially keeping it held down parrying attacks. Most of the time if my opponent kept spamming enough then nothing happened. Don't think I've quite figured out how it works yet though to be fair. More practice needed when the full game lands at my house on 19th.

Reversal Edge is not that bad. The only issue I had is that sometimes it felt like it picked an option for me, unless it makes you use guard by default if you press the button too many times or at the wrong time.

OMG I'm glad I wasn't the only one. This was driving me crazy. But as others said it was probably because of lag.

-I do miss my brave edges though. Lord knows I do. =(

Play Yoshi. He still has them

I can’t wait for the story. Each characters story should take around 15 mins which is amazing. I always missed character depth in fighting games. Cas is also going to be a lot better now that we have the 1p stuff. I do however hope there will be more for cas then what we’ve seen in the videos, quite positive there will be unlockables.

My honest thoughts about the beta.

- the game feels really fast which is nice.
- there where a lot of connection issues, it was either some times good connection and some times laggy af and of course your long waiting times with the longest being 20+.
-tbh i miss Sc5's side step, in SC6 it feels slow, also the input lag makes this worse.
-you shoud NOT!be able to RE when you are lying on ground after being knock downed, this was so irritating as i was fighting and used 3b, while they where on the ground, he would just RE on ground it was an instant get up and start parrying and then enter RPS.
-i have seen a variaty of combos and possibilities, that makes me really exited for what we can do in sc6.

I hope someone from sc6 is monitoring this threads.

Yeah, super dissapointing that the full story has like 3 cutscenes and takes 30min to beat. Bamco hyped it up to be fully rendered but it's like SCV's in that it's almost all text boxes again. At least the individual stories are at least 15 minutes and include cool lore.
How do you know the main story is only 30mins long? I watched a 30 minute video and it only takes you to the halfway point (1586) when you unlock Inferno. There's still more after that up to 1590.

-you shoud NOT!be able to RE when you are lying on ground after being knock downed, this was so irritating as i was fighting and used 3b, while they where on the ground, he would just RE on ground it was an instant get up and start parrying and then enter RPS.
/QUOTE]

damn did not know that. hopefully they do change it

I have dared to ask the question everyone has but is too afraid to say out loud, how does Sophitia's Heaven's Arch throw look like in SC6 compared to every other Soul Calibur game!?

It was clearly nerfed after SC I when it was a break attack.

Well, outside 8wayrun there's a lot of hate for RE.

This is something i think a lot of people supporting RE are not really getting. You only look at things from your own perspective.

"Just side step and punish"

Ya'll just don't get it. Its a hell of a lot easier for someone to abuse the RE mechanic than it is for someone recognize, sidestep and punish. First of all a sufficient punishment tool needs to be used, which means a damaging combo, which means a good amount of practice in the training lab or experience right there. Otherwise one or two hits is not going to sufficiently punish someone for using RE. Even if you start doing that, the RE spammer just has to make minor adjustments in order to make it a serious mind game to the defending player. The entire game changes to RE and punishing RE. The majority of casual players are NOT going to like this.

Understand what i mean when i say "casual". I'm not talking about begginer level players who dont normally play fighting games and just pick this up for Geralt, story mode and maybe a few weeks of online play, then move on to something else within a month. The system was designed with them in mind.

I'm talking about people who are willing to invest more time and effort into learning the system and a character or two. Play it online for at least a year or two but aren't super great at the game like a lot of people posting at this site. They just want to come home from work, school or whatever and play Soulcalibur because they like the game. They're not super hardcore about it and i doubt they will enjoy RE spam. Most of ya'll from here dont fall into this category and that is why you don't care.

The exact nature of RE's outcome is irrelevant because it doesn't change the RPS portion of it. It still bails out the weaker player from situations they otherwise could not get out of whether they understand the details or not. Its absurd to me that people seem to agree on character balance issues from Sieg, Mare and Ivy this early in the game. How about you just apply the same concept to them and git gud at side stepping and punishing all of their verticals so you won't have to deal with their bullshit.

I see what you're saying but i think frankly it only takes a few hours maybe a day tops to realize how easy it is to beat RE spam if you actually think about it, i think most if not all characters have a guard break move that lethal hits vs RE for a fairly heavy combo. I am happy to say I am by no means good at this game I mean hell, I only really care about cas and how pretty the game looks but even a scrub like me managed to figure it out after a few games. I think you might be overestimating how versatile RE actually is.
Then again we've only played for a few days so who knows really.

Back