Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Maybe we are looking too deep into the timelines and they are just another placeholder. Too many timelines aren't matching the history of the characters. Groh and Kilik's don't intersect and we know they fight, same with Maxi and Mitsurugi based on the trailer.

They may have intentionally mixed things up so that we couldn't gather info from this. Like @garjian said the name below Groh looks like a blurred Ivy. The names could mean nothing and are just blurred names of already announced characters meant to represent that more are coming.
Well no, see, the main story segment at the very top of the screen that is highlighted is inbetween 1586 and 1587, and that corresponds with the Kilik vs. Grøh banner that is across the bottom. Grey dots are unplayed story parts, and the lines could go all the way to the end, for all we know right now. So Kilik and Grøh will be fighting in the future, their non-overlap is before they come to blows. Maxi and Mitsurugi fighting may be later in the story, further along their paths than we see right now. All of what we see is subject to change, of course, but we definitely don't have the full picture, yet.

My guess is just that they’re canon wins. Groh and Kilik would have to remain in a stalemate if their stories intercept.

But if Maxi’s story involves his death then why would Groh die early unless the latter becomes a jobber.

The funny thing is that is not Maxis's time line,its Groh's
Oh, yeah you're right. Well maybe that's the end of his setup, his personal history story, and his rivalry with Kilik comes later, because the highlighted dot on the main story is a Kilik vs. Grøh fight. I dunno why my eyes saw Maxi instead of Grøh.

Voldo is the one who's dubious, since the row under Grøh could be Voldo and it could be his father. Voldo's name doesn't fit any of the other slots, unless he's one of the three slots blocked by the Kilik vs. Grøh banner.
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about Voldo. It still doesn't make any sense why Lei Wulong is missing from Tekken 7, so the same thing could happen again. However, the odds are still in our favour that we will get Voldo.

Man I am loving the stage music. Pirate stage encapsulates that PotC sort of grand music perfectly.

Well no, see, the main story segment at the very top of the screen that is highlighted is inbetween 1586 and 1587, and that corresponds with the Kilik vs. Grøh banner that is across the bottom. Grey dots are unplayed story parts, and the lines could go all the way to the end, for all we know right now. So Kilik and Grøh will be fighting in the future, their non-overlap is before they come to blows. Maxi and Mitsurugi fighting may be later in the story, further along their paths than we see right now. All of what we see is subject to change, of course, but we definitely don't have the full picture, yet.

The first game Soul Blade/Edge takes place in 1584, you'd think there would be dots in the main story timeline during that period. I believe this is just to give us an idea of how the story mode will look and play out. The timelines and names are likely not representative of how it will be in the actual game.

Last edited:
Japanese pre-order customizaton item:
pre-order-002.jpg

Halter bikini on "Sophitia"/Elysium in SC5:
pre-order-003.png

Same body model and same bikini model. I hope this means that most customization items are returning from SC5.

I don't think we can consider that an L cos' all the first letters of the names seem to be perfectly in line on the same axis

Anyway I'll just wait for tomorrow, my guess is that Talim will be revealed next and that in the next Thursdays we will be able to see some other veteran characters shown in the story trailer (such as Cervantes and Astaroth)

For the DLC's characters, I can't really tell what they have in mind, I guess we can just wait and see ;)

i did that effect that garjian used and the name below Ivy to me looks like it has an distorted "L". Could it be Lizardman? i'm not confirming that is an "L" but the pixels look similar to an L
Why would it be that far to the left compared to every other name?
It's just an artifact. The whole point of what I've shown is that these hours are more than likely just copies of current names blurred with a horizontal motion blur.

pre-order-002-jpg.49374

soulcalibur%206%20sophitia.jpg
Since customs (whether yours or in-game character outfits) don't have as much polish, does the custom Sophitia look lower in quality to anybody or is there a better screenshot I can compare?

Nice - what's that red glow from Taki's moves @ 1:50!?

Did Taki just cancelled RE with a backflip after succesfully parry an attack in 1:11? O__O

BTW guys do you know if there's a PC edition of SCVI that contains the artbook? or if they'll sell it apart from the game itself?

Reactions: Ave
i wish project soul got generous and gave us all characters just like Smash Bros are getting everyone ever made plus some new characters. must be nice to be a smash player.
Honestly this is what I want too. When I see games like Naruto Ultimate Ninja series that have almost 100 characters (admittedly with far smaller movesets) it's sad to think a series like SC always seems to have a poor roster size (outside of III and IV).

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is my favourite Tekken game because it has almost every character in the series in some form.

I mean I appreciate how hard it is to make that many characters and balance the game and stuff but I think taking that extra time to make sure nobody is left disappointed by the roster would be worth it in the end. I'd happily wait a few more months for the game if it meant we got everyone in the SC universe back.

Still, there's a lot of mysteries left. Character Select may still not be final, the weird dots on there could be 'collumns' as some have suggested. We may get Bonus Characters like in III and IV. All kinds of shenanigans.
Wait... I feel I can make out letters here.
_WY__?
Edit:
View attachment 49366
Kinda looks like IVY, but shifted to the right by the blur, now that I think about it. :|
Perhaps there aren't actually real names in the list at all yet and these lengths aren't really indicative of anything?

Looks like Amy to me... Wishful fucking thinking... XD

Last edited:
Oh wow. I actually thought were done aside from that 15 minute slot thing they have sometime but I didn't think anything would be interesting there.

I feel like they're done with any meaningful reveals for the event and we totally won't get Talim or any other character reveals.

Why do I say that? Because I'm pessimist. But also because the universe likes proving me wrong >:) BECAUSE LOGIC.

Yeah sorry I'm in a random/goofy mood.

Japanese pre-order customizaton item:
View attachment 49374

Halter bikini on "Sophitia"/Elysium in SC5:
View attachment 49375

Same body model and same bikini model. I hope this means that most customization items are returning from SC5.

Remember when DLC used to be new stuff? Or at least new recreations of old stuff.

I really hope they don't piecemeal sell us back old-ass CAS pieces that were modeled--bare minimum--6 years ago, but knowing how cheap Namco can be, I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

lol they'll just talk and talk like yesterday. Our only hope for a new trailer/character reveal is tomorrow at the usual time. If not then either the 21st or 28th. Don't expect anything today aside form just gameplay, which is good nonetheless.

Back