Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hmpf, just saw that the Collector's Edition is also 150€ here... So same price, but no artbook.. That's daylight robbery! >_<
At least you get the Season Pass. The US has to also shell out another ~$30 for the Season Pass on top of the Collector's Edition, by all indications.

I want to clarify on the Raphael fans sweating regarding him statement for a moment. I was further informed that can be taken one of two ways. "No Raphael" or Raphael is really bad. But as you all know, historically Raphael has been awful outside of SCII. So it sounds more like Raphael isn't in. :/
You're snuffing out the last bit of hope I had :(

"An outrage! Unforgivable!"

(I should resume fencing to get rid of my frustration)

Last edited:
I want to clarify on the Raphael fans sweating regarding him statement for a moment. I was further informed that can be taken one of two ways. "No Raphael" or Raphael is really bad. But as you all know, historically Raphael has been awful outside of SCII. So it sounds more like Raphael isn't in. :/
To add some more information I heard, 23/24 characters is confirmed for the finalized roster.
At least one of the DLC characters is a guest (no surprise that's happening)
The other two DLC characters "aren't really relevant in the story."
No clues on anyone of those DLC characters particularly yet, but I was told it's not any of the mages from The Witcher and probably not another Witcher character.
So Raphael is in, but lowest tier because Z.W.E.I. isn't returning, I can live with that.
DLC Guest obvious choice would be 2B.
The other two DLC characters who aren't relevant in the story could/would be Setsuka and Hilde.

I'm expecting more female characters, but I guess we're in for some good reveals: Talim and Tira seem pretty much confirmed and I'm still thinking we'll get a new female character!

To add some more information I heard, 23/24 characters is confirmed for the finalized roster.
Oooouuuugh! you're killing us Verge! I so want the latter to be the correct one, I love crap tier characters, I'm used to playing them (Kilik in SC1, Kilik in SC2, Raphael in SC2, Siegfried in SC3, Devil Jin in SCV, Siegfried in SCV, Xiba in SCV), Raphael in SCVI would be soooo up my alley, if he's in, that means every favorite of mine is in ;).

Grøh's Papi is one of the bosses in the story.

In case you were curious, this is the general English speaking staff opinion on who are the strongest characters in the E3 build (in no order):
Siegfried, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Kilik, Grøh, and Xianghua.
The weakest in general opinion is Geralt, Sophitia, and Zasalamel. Weakest shouldn't be regarded as low tier though since they're still very strong.
Meaning that Ivy, Taki, Maxi, and Yoshimitsu are apparently somewhere inbetween those two "dividers."

@Vergeben First and foremost, thanks for all the work and posts you've delivered these past few months. You've been really informative, and you've inspired great (and sometimes not so great) conversation on the forums.

After watching every video of SC6 (and every match recorded from every source I could find) several times, I think this statement is pretty true. While I haven't played the game yet myself, and there is no frame data available, I don't think it's hard to see what your friends have said about the characters in the game so far. Even when inexperienced players were playing Siegfried, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Kilik, Grøh, and Xianghua, I think that it was pretty clear that those characters seemed to have pretty decent tools in spacing, movement, offense, damage, et al (and even a gimmick or two). A Beta would've been really nice, so that the community could have had a crack at learning what worked and what needed remediation.

@Vergeben, have you learned anything about if or when the frame data will be released--will there be another book printed like in SC5?

Papa Groh = Boss? I knew it!!!!

But I hope he has a CaSable style. Think Cervantes is the other boss (I need muh dual swords to stay CaS) and they both occupy the top slots.

But they haven’t fixed Raph or something? Can’t they just give him Amy’s stuff? To me it’s funny only Raph is mentioned and nothing was ever said about Rock or Setsuka.

Grøh's Papi is one of the bosses in the story.

I see. 9 characters will slowly revealed every 2 weeks starting 6/28 till release.

In case you were curious, this is the general English speaking staff opinion on who are the strongest characters in the E3 build (in no order):
Siegfried, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Kilik, Grøh, and Xianghua.
The weakest in general opinion is Geralt, Sophitia, and Zasalamel. Weakest shouldn't be regarded as low tier though since they're still very strong.
Meaning that Ivy, Taki, Maxi, and Yoshimitsu are apparently somewhere inbetween those two "dividers."

Sophitia is Top Tier. Sophitia is #2 in SCVI. She has 6A+B, AS B, & TAS B.

SCVI Zas is much better than he was in SCIII & IV.

Vergeben said that Groh's Papi won't replace anyone.

Can’t replace anyone if you’re already there.

6E01F283-FF30-4706-834B-005FB479526D.jpeg

i’m still hoping groh’s papi ends up being cervantes lmfao

If Grøh's father is Cervantes, and Grøh is the man who becomes Z.W.E.I., then Viola/Amy/Raphael would have been so confused later on in SoulCalibur V.

If Grøh's father is Cervantes, and Grøh is the man who becomes Z.W.E.I., then Viola/Amy/Raphael would have been so confused later on in SoulCalibur V.
Tbh, Raphael (may God have mercy on his soul) was kinda confused with Z.W.E.I. and Viola in SCV. And he also lost his body who became a powerful ruler and Nightmare's new host.

Imho, that would make any of us kinda off beam.

Back