Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

That's not the same comparison and you know it. Did you fight Dampierre in story mode? If you can legit fight a character in a story that's fully unique, I better be able to play them in the base game.
Did you fight a non clone Lizardman in SCVI's story mode yet ?

Did you fight a non clone Lizardman in SCVI's story mode yet ?
Dude, that picture was the Lizardman. You have another picture where Astaroth leads an army of generic lizardmen. Come on. You think they're just going to cut him out?

Dude, that picture was the Lizardman. You have another picture where Astaroth leads an army of generic lizardmen. Come on. You think they're just going to cut him out?
The fact there are generic Lizardman is the very reason why I say we cannot say he is 100% in- Vergeben even said he is not sure how they integrated him, if he will be just a story mode clone or something like that. I'm not against the idea of he being in, but the fact the Season pass stresses there is a bonus character is suspicious.

Any character from SC-SC4 who has a unique style has every right to return. It's not up to any one person to decide if their "story relevance" should be the deciding factor or not. For several reasons:
1) This is a damn reboot. Even if a character was "irrelevant" in the original timeline, they can easily remedy that here.
2) If a character is popular enough, then story relevance IS irrelevant, sorry to say. Setsuka's definitely not unpopular and her making it in would please a lot of people. This combined with:
3) Having an extremely unique style, she wouldn't be a waste of a slot at all and has every right to be in this roster, just as much as everyone else who has been revealed so far.
4) Again on the story relevance. I get that they're placing focus on the story this time, and yes we're all very excited for it, myself included (believe me, immensely excited). However...at its core, this is still a fighting game. And at the end of the day, a fighting game's base roster should not be exclusively focused only on those who have a big story to tell, but those whose playstyles and overall popularity can bring something to the table. Like I said as well, this is a reboot. They can easily make her story relevant if they want to.
tl;dr: Any character who has a unique style and is fairly popular has every right to make it into the base roster of this game and it's not anyone's place to just decide by themselves that a specific character flat out doesn't deserve it.

Absolutly agreed, Also regarding to the Setsuka situation, I have an idea to introduce the evil sword in her story, her personality and main plot would not be altered, it would go like this:

Shugen (Setsuka's master) ends up severely injured because of his duel with Mitsu, but because of the Soul Edge fragment that Mitsu has, Shugen gets softly infected with evil energy, after that Setsuka finds Shugen and enters in contanct with his blood and he dies in her hands, so she gets softly infected with evil energy too and that's what causes her to have such incontrolable desire of vengance, even when Shugen told her in his last words that it was a fair fight and Mitsu was the best swordsman he ever fought with and he felt good for that.

So after this some time later after she's searching for Mitsu she crosses paths with Taki and she could release Setsu from the evil energy and they could both team up to find and destroy the fragment of SE that Mitsu has and make the most badass Houchi-mamas team of all the SC history lol.

Last edited:
The fact there are generic Lizardman is the very reason why I say we cannot say he is 100% in- Vergeben even said he is not sure how they integrated him, if he will be just a story mode clone or something like that. I'm not against the idea of he being in, but the fact the Season pass stresses there is a bonus character is suspicious.

if you're going to fight the generic clones in the story, then the original would likely be playable. Like how you fight generic Jack 6's and whatever in Tekken 7's story but Jack 7 is playable. That being said i have an obviously bias perspective, but why would they have his clones in the game but not include him, a staple character, in the base game

The bonus character is the first of four DLC characters. I highly doubt they're going to remove Lizardman; he was in SCI, his design is instantly unique in a roster filled with humans, and he survived the SCV roster cut.

They could just cut him out easily. From what we've seen in the trailer, the Lizardman appearing uses a sword and shield, like in old times, he could easily be just a story mode generic clone using Sophitia's moveset.

Absolutly agreed, Also regarding to the Setsuka situation, I have an idea to introduce the evil sword in her story, her personality and main plot would not be altered, it would go like this:

Shugen (Setsuka's master) ends up severely injured because of his duel with Mitsu, but because of the Soul Edge fragment that Mitsu has, Shugen gets softly infected with evil energy, after that Setsuka finds Shugen and enters in contanct with his blood and he dies in her hands, so she gets softly infected with evil energy too and that's what causes her to have such incontrolable desire of vengance, even when Shugen told her in his last words that it was a fair fight and Mitsu was the best swordsman he ever fought with and he felt good for that.

So after this some time later after she's searching for Mitsu she cross paths with Taki and she could release Setsu from the evil energy and they could both team up to find and destroy the fragment of SE that Mitsu has and make the most badass Houchi-mamas team of all the SC history lol.

Your idea it's not bad but what really needs to be emphasized in Setsuka's story is the fact she is seeking vengance because she lost the one she harboured feelings for which is what makes her unique from the rest of the Soul Calibur roster, she was in love with her master.

The blurred names in my opinion lean more to Lizzy than Cassie. It’d be annoying to get both. The other could be DLC.

Or maybe Aeon keeps the axes while the generics have the sword and shield.

Last edited:
BTW i think that not because we seen Lizardman in the trailer it will mean he will be playable, of course he could be one of the characters of the roster, or maybe a Bonus Character, so Bonus characters confirmed to be back?

Also if Bonus characters are back i wonder if they'll be allow in tournament, personally i think they should be allowed as soon as they don't have something ultra broken going on.

Actually, without Yun-Seong confirmed in the game, do you think Talim's story will be changed to follow another chaser of the sword? There are several and her story could fit without it changing their stories.
:D well her destined battles were Yun-Seong, Raphael, Zassy. Yun left her in sc4 and it felt more like Seong-Mina was the one to keep him from soul edge in the end. Talim and Hwang both dissuaded him but he never listened. Based on his ending it seemed like he was impacted by Mina and moved on from soul edge.
Raphael is a good match for Talim to chase since he infected an entire town in Sc3. She wants to heal ppl with the wind like the young boy she saved. She could probably empathize with Amy who's close in age to her and Raphael in his bite animation dislike those with pure blood or touched by soul calibur (siggy and talim for ex) so he might not be able to infect her, making it safer for her to also dissuade him from his goals like she did with Yun. It's kinda like her saving Algol in her ending and having respect for the Hero King's love for his son.
She could potentially also chase after Zasalamel since it seems that she's somehow found out about his manipulations in the story. Either character would make her story significantly more relevant and add to her journey's goal of healing and restoring nature.

I think really early on (like maybe just after the 4 char reveal) Okubo, in an interview, was asked about Amy and he said if she was coming back she’d probably be closer to Viola.

Though, this could just be fake news.

-

And bonus / dlc chars in tournaments is very much so a thing. It’s a complaint of tournament organizers that they have to acquire X amount of consoles that are fully patched and have all the dlc chars available.

BTW i think that not because we seen Lizardman in the trailer it will mean he will be playable, of course he could be one of the characters of the roster, or maybe a Bonus Character, so Bonus characters confirmed to be back?

Also if Bonus characters are back i wonder if they'll be allow in tournament, personally i think they should be allowed as soon as they don't have something ultra broken going on.
Why would they show a generic lizardman as part of the main bad team alongside Nightmare, Ivy and Astaroth? There's no way he's a mere bonus either, considering he was on the SCI roster.

Why would they show a generic lizardman as part of the main bad team alongside Nightmare, Ivy and Astaroth? There's no way he's a mere bonus either, considering he was on the SCI roster.

Could be just because of Story purposes. I just hardly see Lizardman in a roster where very unique characters with unique weapons like Raphael, Yun or Setsu aren't guarantee at this point.

Back