Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Something that stood out to me recently was hearing he may also be Grøh's master. Which could mean he's either a different master of his, or he's that "Ozuru" guy that they listed as his master on his profile on the official website.
Okubo likes Star Wars as evidenced by Grøh being inspired by Darth Maul (his interview with Shoryuken had him trying so hard to avoiding saying who inspired him, but that "movies" were his inspiration and that you could easily figure out who) so maybe there is some kind of Star Wars-like plot twist that will happen will him and the revelation of his dad. lol

I mean, we can already see where this is going.
Groh training hard under his master so that he can put an end to the boss of his rival organization that has took something away from him; Only to find out that the boss is not only his master, but also his father all along.

Groh's papi then proceed to cut off Groh's arm. End of story. Kappa

Okubo likes Star Wars as evidenced by Grøh being inspired by Darth Maul (his interview with Shoryuken had him trying so hard to avoiding saying who inspired him, but that "movies" were his inspiration and that you could easily figure out who) so maybe there is some kind of Star Wars-like plot twist that will happen will him and the revelation of his dad. lol
Double-edged weapons were almost never used in the Middle Ages. The reason is the same as for a flail - in close construction the swing with it can injure the neighboring soldiers.
The only historically real weapon of this type is the sarissi of Alexander the Great (long double-edged spears).
for this reason the similarity of mood with the star wars and fantasy is truly exists

In addition, I note that the GROH`s style of combat is not similar to the style of real dual edged weapons. It is more similar to the style of battle with japan staff BO.

No.
But the English VA has voiced fighting game characters before.
I won't say more than that.

My friend Vergeben I don't want to spamming to you, but do you know the rest of the roster? Which characters were planned for DLC? Any hints about Setsuka, Hwang, Mina, Tira, Cervantes? Except of Groh's father, is another new character in the game? Sorry again for my spamming!

Well Odin's spear would be cool, but I guess that would be replacing. Maybe the hammer then, or a morningstar.

I hope the dad is voiced by someone like Johnny Yong Bosch and his weapons are stuffed animals.

Thought another weapon Papa Groh/Ozuru/whatever would be an axe like Spawn’s if going for a Norse theme. We’ll lose smaller axes if Aeon is the playable Lizardman and has S&S.

He seems like he could wear Warhammer looking armor.

Double-edged weapons were almost never used in the Middle Ages. The reason is the same as for a flail - in close construction the swing with it can injure the neighboring soldiers.
The only historically real weapon of this type is the sarissi of Alexander the Great (long double-edged spears).
for this reason the similarity of mood with the star wars and fantasy is truly exists

In addition, I note that the GROH`s style of combat is not similar to the style of real dual edged weapons. It is more similar to the style of battle with japan staff BO.

In more wartime, large scale battles, many of the weapons invented of the time were never used, but not because of impracticality, but because it was much cheaper and easier to supply your army and train them with simple martial weapons.

Groh's dad is gonna be based on Darth Vader. Groh is Maul, Vader means Father, something something Star Wars Okubo something.

Also story relevance doesn't matter for inclusion and even if it did they're changing the story anyways.

Eheh...

Well if anything, the basic theory suggests Grøh’s real name isn’t Grøh, but Galahad, son of Lancelot. Although how that works out when the tale is 400 years old by SC’s time eludes me.

But the clues are the fact that Grøh is from the Aval Organization, closely resembles Avalon, even if it’s a stretch. There’s the name of his weapon,”Aerondight Replica” a bad misspelling of Lancelot’s legendary sword Arondight. Lance did have a son named Galahad who was regarded as the perfect knight and even greater in skill that Gawain, Lance or Arthur. He was also part of the Grail Quest. Grøh also has a CE named Chevalier mal fet; a French phrase meaning Ill Made Knight and its a clear reference to Lancelot.

Of course, how King Arthur Tales tie into Soul Edge is still a large mystery. And despite these loose connections, I’m not even sure they’ll pan out. Soul Edge has its own myths tied to it with Algol, and those would seem to clash with Arthurian legends. One thing is interesting however, Aval Organization logo suggests three swords, Ling Sheng Su also had three legendary weapons too. One wonders if there’s a connection there.

My friend Vergeben I don't want to spamming to you, but do you know the rest of the roster? Which characters were planned for DLC? Any hints about Setsuka, Hwang, Mina, Tira, Cervantes? Except of Groh's father, is another new character in the game? Sorry again for my spamming!
Aaand you're spamming him. xD he said what he knows. All this speculation that (sadly) constitutes 70% of this thread is based on what mostly he told us.

Man, I don't think I noticed how good the game sounds until now. The trailers could do a better job of displaying that.

That said, I really hope they can make the grass move before the game releases. It looks so tacky that they don't even have the most basic physics interactions on some fairly tall tufts of 2D grass in this 1v1 fighter.

It should be entirely feasible on Unreal Engine 4, but I just checked and Tekken 7 doesn't have grass that reacts to the fighters either. The grass there at least blows in the wind though. That should be included as a bare minimum.

Eheh...

Well if anything, the basic theory suggests Grøh’s real name isn’t Grøh, but Galahad, son of Lancelot. Although how that works out when the tale is 400 years old by SC’s time eludes me.

But the clues are the fact that Grøh is from the Aval Organization, closely resembles Avalon, even if it’s a stretch. There’s the name of his weapon,”Aerondight Replica” a bad misspelling of Lancelot’s legendary sword Arondight. Lance did have a son named Galahad who was regarded as the perfect knight and even greater in skill that Gawain, Lance or Arthur. He was also part of the Grail Quest. Grøh also has a CE named Chevalier mal fet; a French phrase meaning Ill Made Knight and its a clear reference to Lancelot.

Of course, how King Arthur Tales tie into Soul Edge is still a large mystery. And despite these loose connections, I’m not even sure they’ll pan out. Soul Edge has its own myths tied to it with Algol, and those would seem to clash with Arthurian legends. One thing is interesting however, Aval Organization logo suggests three swords, Ling Sheng Su also had three legendary weapons too. One wonders if there’s a connection there.

The Arthurian references seem intentional, but they must hold some sort of merit in canon if the theme naming not only spans a character in and of itself (Grøh), but also an entire group of people connected to the Soul Swords (Aval Organization). Combined with the theory that Grøh's father is inheriting Vader's playstyle and will be using a longsword, then maybe he (as Lancelot) has the "true Aerondight", in all its misspelled glory.

Eheh...

Just a thought, but last I checked there's basically a dot or something dividing Aerondight from replica in the name for Grøh's weapon when translated on the JP site. So while it's a minor additional consideration and he specifically says "Roar, Aerondight!" during one of his moves[can't recall which gameplay it was I caught that], there's a chance that Aerondight could be his weapon as one of the blades, most likely the one more closely matching the armor on his left arm, and the opposite is just a replica of some sort forged for the purpose of combining for his overall weapon/style. Sure, no way to be certain for now, but it's not an unreasonable theory. That aside, the Arthurian Tales being a coincidence would be quite surprising, given how much easily points to it.

I'm sorry for not doing the research, but what are the three legendary weapons of each organization?

No idea if the Aval Organization's other weapons have been mentioned so far aside from maybe Grøh's Aerondight, though there's a small chance the altered lore could be something along the lines of it being a 3rd sword somehow closely tied to Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, and something along the lines of "long kept secret/hidden from history" or whatever the case may be. But I'd doubt that unless we see evidence, personally.

Ling Sheng Su has Krita-Yuga[Xianghua's Soul Calibur], Dvapara-Yuga[the mirror now worn on Kilik], and Kilik's Kali-Yuga staff.

On a side note considering the idea of 3 weapons in a set of sorts, if the Aval Organization has their own 3, we have 2 more to consider. Ling Sheng Su has their set. We have Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, but aside from possibly just keeping it for cosmetic purposes in SCIV, anyone think you could maybe consider Irkalla, Zasalamel's scythe from when he was Abyss, could be the 3rd for that? Nothing really pointing towards that, but it and the Abyss form was caused by him trying to use the swords to die in 3, so that could be a thing if they decided to go that route in this or a future game. Seems to just kinda have been there in 4, but it would be interesting if they did that eventually with it.

Just a thought, but last I checked there's basically a dot or something dividing Aerondight from replica in the name for Grøh's weapon when translated on the JP site. So while it's a minor additional consideration and he specifically says "Roar, Aerondight!" during one of his moves[can't recall which gameplay it was I caught that], there's a chance that Aerondight could be his weapon as one of the blades, most likely the one more closely matching the armor on his left arm, and the opposite is just a replica of some sort forged for the purpose of combining for his overall weapon/style. Sure, no way to be certain for now, but it's not an unreasonable theory. That aside, the Arthurian Tales being a coincidence would be quite surprising, given how much easily points to it.

No idea if the Aval Organization's other weapons have been mentioned so far aside from maybe Grøh's Aerondight, though there's a small chance the altered lore could be something along the lines of it being a 3rd sword somehow closely tied to Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, and something along the lines of "long kept secret/hidden from history" or whatever the case may be. But I'd doubt that unless we see evidence, personally.

Ling Sheng Su has Krita-Yuga[Xianghua's Soul Calibur], Dvapara-Yuga[the mirror now worn on Kilik], and Kilik's Kali-Yuga staff.

On a side note considering the idea of 3 weapons in a set of sorts, if the Aval Organization has their own 3, we have 2 more to consider. Ling Sheng Su has their set. We have Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, but aside from possibly just keeping it for cosmetic purposes in SCIV, anyone think you could maybe consider Irkalla, Zasalamel's scythe from when he was Abyss, could be the 3rd for that? Nothing really pointing towards that, but it and the Abyss form was caused by him trying to use the swords to die in 3, so that could be a thing if they decided to go that route in this or a future game. Seems to just kinda have been there in 4, but it would be interesting if they did that eventually with it.
The dot in Japanese is used to show these are 2 different foreign words, there's no hidden meaning in it, just a matter of separation.

Example, ゴールデン・ゲート・ブリッジ, Golden Gate Bridge, so Japanese know it's "Gōruden Gēto Burijji" not "Gōrudengē Toburijji" or "Gōru Dengētobu Rijji".

Back