Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think in terms of reveals, we'll maybe see

later in July - Cervantes
August EVO - Astaroth, Lizardman, Voldo, Tira (or maybe a new character instead of Tira if there's three of them)
August Gamescom - 2nd single player mode and Tira if she wasn't shown at EVO
early September - Yun, Mina (if they're in), if they're not then Raph and Cassandra
September TGS - CAS, 2nd new character, and the final character if it's not a 3rd new person
early October - season pass launch character

Usually I'd imagine Cervantes being a later reveal since he's a semi-boss in this era but he's already been shown in story images so there's no point in drawing out the reveal.

Last edited:
Bamco is about dropping bombs at EVO. No way they're doing a bunch of randoms there, unless someone got heavily redesigned.

Can we talk more about Papa Groh's weapon and aesthetic? I'm curious where people think they'll be going with him.

More than Tira's? The really unique bi-polar hula hoop-style that you can't find anywhere else? She's more popular than both of them too, this isn't like Hilde or Setsuka who have their huge fans but ultimately are fairly niche, Tira's a top 10 character (and she was in SCV so you can't write it off as people hoping for their return like Talim or Zas).

And of course assuming Mina's in due to the Hwang/Yun connection would require one of those to be in first, and if there's any remaining style that wouldn't be missed much it's Hwang's (if anything his style is least iconic of the series, Dynasty Warriors is what that weapon is iconic for).

Again it's not a 'back to the roots' game. Changing your mind from 'it's SC1 only' to 'it's SC1/2 only' is pretty silly when there's already a SC3 character in the game, and they're not going to include Zas but leave out Tira.
No, but order of priority is (in my eyes)-

Fan favorites from SCI/II
Important Characters from SCI/II
Unique Styles from SCI/II
Fan Favorites in general

I'll admit that zas being in does give tira a bigger shot than I thought, but the age thing is still a problem. Hwang/Yung were in SCI/II and are relevant to the plot (and thus story mode). Tira was, cannon wise, young as hell ,and while they could work with that/retcon it, why would they when they still have plot relevant memorable from that game characters left to fill those slots.

Update : He is finished ! Look at this beast !
DhdLaZCVQAADW1M.jpg

Did we ever get a particular reason for the Koreans being left out of SCV without even 1 replacement rep? Or is it still just left up to guessing? Because if there was a reason beyond simple time constraints the same could happen again.

Did we ever get a particular reason for the Koreans being left out of SCV without even 1 replacement rep? Or is it still just left up to guessing? Because if there was a reason beyond simple time constraints the same could happen again.
No reason given. But it was pointed out by someone here when SC5 was released that along with Talim and Rock not appearing, they were all considered low tier characters in the previous few games so it was probably easier to cut them rather than keep trying to fix them. Cause whatever they were doing between 2->3->4 wasn't coming together.

I thought it was because at that point in history, Korea stopped warring with Japan or something, that was the reason I had heard back in the day anyway. It may have just been some excuse someone made up though, not a legitimate reason that they consciously left them out.

Zasalamel at least was planned to be in, though development time was cut, so he didn't make it. People found his files in the game though, and one of the statues on Algol's stage had a scythe. It's possible that Talim would have made it as well, though there wasn't really any evidence I don't think, I don't know really why she wouldn't have made it in.

Indeed Hayate has some leaks :) hope he will give us news about it soon.

yeah SOON™ at least i hope so cus its one thing saying "hey i have some leaks" and telling us right away an its another saying "hey i have some leaks" and then making us wait. i mean i appreciate it but if you have something to say pls just say it, dont tease us like that my old heart cant take the wait of SC 6 already and you come here and do me like that man.
BibleThump.png

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm here for any more leaks at the moment. The game comes out soon and I feel like it would be a blast for myself personally to spend the next few months not actually knowing what's going on behind the scenes, and being more surprised and excited when stuff like character reveal trailers are put out when I didn't know beforehand that character was for sure gonna be in.

I am still hoping for 2B if they decide to put in a second guest character as DLC

im sure there was a interview with Okubo at E3 and they asked him if there would be more guest characters for SC 6 and he answered that Gerald is the only one "in disc" and he implied that there would be at least one more.
if someone can be so kind to post the link of the interview im talking about pls.

Edit: thanks @DanteSC3
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-vi-general-discussion.19804/page-420#post-747020

Last edited:
im sure there was a interview with Okubo at E3 and they asked him if there would be more guest characters for SC 6 and he answered that Gerald is the only one "in disc" and he implied that there would be at least one more.
if someone can be so kind to post the link of the interview im talking about pls. i will edit it later and thank you as well !

Motohiro Okubo interview notes:
  • Soul Calibur 6 is releasing this year denouncing any delay rumours. The release date is being revealed later on during E3.
  • Geralt is the only guest character that will be on the disc. He makes an appearance in the game's storyline. 'Stay tuned' on the potential of other guest characters post launch.
  • Groh is not the only new character in the game.

Source

Update : He is finished ! Look at this beast !View attachment 49723

Arby's marketing is just too good. That is an impressive effort to do that. Even better to me just because Nightmare.

i wouldn't count this out if i were you, i mean that was a good aspect of SC5 i don't think they would leave this feature out.

Definitely not counting it out. I'm just neutral on my expectations in general for most anything. Especially considering that ultimately, nothing is guaranteed aside from what has been shown and confirmed, so literally anyone and/or thing could make a return as easily as it/they might not return. I'm inclined to think it's more likely to come back, given the value in it and it being a unique feature more or less, as well as very convenient.

Just over half of the characters in the game so far have their own gameplay quirks that make them unique and are specific to them. The ones we've already seen are:

• Nightmare obtaining SC-like properties after utilizing his shockwave moves
  • Siegfried automatically entering an SC-like state (Dark Legacy) when at 30% HP or lower + getting access to some of Nightmare's moveset (dunno if this is exclusive to DL or both that and SC)
  • Zasalamel and his curse (still have no idea what it does)
  • Taki and Mekki-maru inflicting insane chip damage
  • Geralt and his signs (at least one of which can be boosted by spending 20~%? meter)
  • Yoshimitsu, in addition to fucking with HP bars, can also drain meter/convert HP into meter
  • Grøh getting screen-wide teleportation in SC
  • Ivy and some rooting shenanigans with her insta-runes
  • Talim gaining a stance (Air Rage) that lets her use wind to boost her attacks
  • Kilik having two CEs, one of which is only accessed by going into his SC (which drains HP instead of meter)
But then there's characters like Mitsurugi, Maxi, Xianghua, and Sophitia whose special properties (if they even have any) are still up in the air. Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of unique quirks they have?

Update : He is finished ! Look at this beast !View attachment 49723
Wow! arbys home of the highest sodium count, which makes my head hurt. Anyways why are guys so worried about the characters I mean if a certain character isn't in they'll be in via dlc so at the end of the day they'll still be in. My most concerned thing is the modes and how much improvement in the cas is. Rather see the modes then the characters 1st.

Last edited:
Zasalamel and his curse (still have no idea what it does)
You can stack up to three curse orbs on your opponent, and Zasalamel has a few moves that activate a time freeze where you can score a free hit, lasts longer the more curse orbs are on your opponent when you do the time freeze.

But then there's characters like Mitsurugi, Maxi, Xianghua, and Sophitia whose special properties (if they even have any) are still up in the air. Does anyone have any ideas as to what kind of unique quirks they have?
They don't have any right now. This was part of Hayate/Kayane/Keev/Keysona's report, asking why they don't have the same special quirks.

Zas' orbs are a stacking debuff (1 to 3 orbs) that are applied with certain attacks. They give a longer stun the more orbs on the opponent when another set of attacks land.

So like, if you have 1 orb on you and he 1Bs you are stunned for a short period of time.
If the same situation happens, but you have 3 orbs on you, you will be stunned for a longer period of time.

Back