Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

They reveal stuff at major cons and events when they can. There's just only a few big enough that lots of people watch them live.

I'm very glad to see Astaroth, but honestly I don't like his costume at all. And his CE does not fit to him. I sure would have liked to see something "heavier".

I agree with your top 3, but why is lizard man so certain? Just from the images?

If so I'd say that since they're looking to SC2 for this one you're probably getting the above plus(in order of most to least likely in my eyes):

5. raph
6. yun (or hwang, not both)
7. cass (part of SCII, but cloneish style so a little less likely).

Supposedly there's 1 more new character for 8, which leaves 1 slot for:

Mi-na, rock, Tira, Sets, Hilde.

Of those-

Mi-na- was actually in SC2, but I could maybe see her not making it?

Rock- I'd be shocked if he was in given that everytime he's in the game it feels like even namco doesn't care. Shame I'd like to see more large characters.

Tira/hilde/sets- all outside the SCII timeline, all decently popular, all with unique and fleshed out styles. I'd put all of them as most likely to hit DLC.

As for Talim-

K. Do we know what her Soul charge does? Actually on that note do we know what most of the soul charges do BESIDES add extra damage on some moves? It seems like most of them have some character gimmick/passive, but I haven't seen all of them listed anywhere. The ones I know:

Groh- gives teleport moves
Kilik- drains hp, ups damage, changes super
Nightmare- Unique in that he can access his outside of SC with some moves.
Sieg- Gets a new move at low hp vs getting it out of his SC.

and that's it? I know all characters get "new moves" with their SC, but from what i've seen its usually just a combo extension and don't actually change up playstyle much (like say groh's teleport options). Do any other characters get special properties due to SC that we know of (i know taki gets chip when using one of her weapons, but that seems to be unrelated to sc?)
Quoting myself just to save time.

I think with Mina in the only uncertain to me is Cass or Tira. People think Tira is soft confirmed and I'd rather have her/sets/hilde/viola/zwei due to move list, but she seems really hard to fit pre dlc in the actual plot. I've seen this insider confirm shit be wrong before.

Cass is a big favorite and clones are easier to develop.

I suppose lizard could be out and both of them in

It's so hard to keep my 'hope only brings disappointment' motto when they keep doing stuff that makes me think "... that makes Amy more possible, right?" XD

If she's in at all though I imagine Amy will likely be DLC, with Raph being on the main roster, which I'd be totally fine with (#shutupandtakemymoney) since that's probably how it SHOULD be considering his status in the franchise.
I feel like the second guest being a DLC is going to get in Amy's way. With Seong Mi-na making it in, I think that just lowered Cassandra to DLC, who would go along with Setsuka and Hilde as pretty obvious inclusions, and then the last DLC being the second guest, Amy has no space, unless we get a second season pass. That doesn't mean Amy won't be in the game, though. I'd fully expect Amy to show up in Raphael's story, just not be playable. It wouldn't make sense for her to be playable, either, since she didn't take up the sword until after she healed Raphael's wounds after his encounter with Nightmare at the end of SoulCalibur II, while SoulCalibur VI is only going up to the start of SoulCalibur II. That being said, I have no doubts that Amy will return to being playable in SoulCalibur VII. She just doesn't really have a place here, unless perhaps Hilde doesn't return.

I have noticed when E3 story reveals comes out that Astaroth has weird shoulder. I was waiting to see and confirm if he will looks like this image.

asta.png

So my theory here is that every character in the game shares their looks in the game.... but if some character aren't really reworked, it would mean that will maybe not be playable.

So maybe that's why when the screenshots comes out, Vergeben said that Lizardman will be in the game, without confirming if he will be a clone or not. Because if you look at this art work, he seems pretty SC1 basic. What do you think?

liz.png

I don't have Cervy, someone can put here in the thread ?

I have noticed when E3 story reveals comes out that Astaroth has weird shoulder. I was waiting to see and confirm if he will looks like this image.

View attachment 50024

So my theory here is that every character in the game shares their looks in the game.... but if some character aren't really reworked, it would mean that will maybe not be playable.

So maybe that's why when the screenshots comes out, Vergeben said that Lizardman will be in the game, without confirming if he will be a clone or not. Because if you look at this art work, he seems pretty SC1 basic. What do you think?

View attachment 50025

That's a very good point.

This is the Cervantes artwork from the story mode:
cervy-storymode0000.png

View attachment 50024

View attachment 50025

SC1 Lizardman doesn't have twin spiked shoulderpads and rear fluted armor, and his shield looks significantly different. His head looks like SCIV frilled lizzy sans frill.

The big boy was a major guarantee. It wouldn’t be SC without the Titan Dropper himself.

Mina felt like half a surprise to me. Either way, please don’t be SC4 Mina all over again...

I'm so glad to see Mina make a return and her style looks like it's gotten something of a revamp this time around. She looks fun!
I mostly like her design, especially the color scheme. I've always had a thing for dark purple and pink. Not a fan of the underboob though. It just looks awkward. Cleavage and sideboob, I'll accept, but underboob has always been weird to me. Kinda just looks like her top doesn't fit her properly.

Oh, and does anyone else think she looks more noticeably Asian this time around? That's a nice touch.

It is also interesting to point out, that is also a old Sophie Costume and Taki too(Look at the pauldron) and also has her old shield, the Owl shield.

Maybe the idea of 2Ps being older costumes can be correct.

Back