Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Raph is easy to make DLC since he’s likely bland without the vampirism.

If IV+ characters are gone and the concerns over the duplicate control mapping I’m hearing about are true, then Hilde’s out.

What if Namco reveals character then its revealed to be Hwang but then trailer doesn't stop then Yun-seong appears but then it happens again with Li Long appearing then "everyone is here" appears.

Fan favorites such as Assassin , Berserker , Giant Greek Statue return to the fray. Namco admits they wanted African rep but they couldn't come up with anything interesting , so they made T'Challa's ancestor the Black Panther joins the fight.

What if Namco reveals character then its revealed to be Hwang but then trailer doesn't stop then Yun-seong appears but then it happens again with Li Long appearing then "everyone is here" appears.

Fan favorites such as Assassin , Berserker , Giant Greek Statue return to the fray. Namco admits they wanted African rep but they couldn't come up with anything interesting , so they made T'Challa's ancestor the Black Panther joins the fight.

That would be amazing.

Really hoping for Amy in this game, would make it very epic to relive some of my favorite fights from sc4.

Do you think we will have new female character? I think is is tradition to add at least new female warrior. I hope that is a case in 6 too :)

If we consider a 23 character roster, we can see more or less what is likely and what is not likely-
First lets review the placing of the announced characters in order of announcement
-Mitsurugi placed 3th /-Sophitia 11th /-Groh- New addition /-Nightmare 7th /-Xinghua 18th /-Kilik 5th /-Ivy 4th /-Zasalamel 8th /-Geralt- Guest /-Siegfried 6th /-Taki 2th /-Yoshimitsu 9th /-Maxi 22th /-Talim fraudulent 1th /-Voldo 17th/-Astaroth 25th /-Mi-Na 15th .

Characters are are almost certainly in -Cervantes 16th /-Tira 10th /-(I will be generous and mix Lizardman and Aeon) 26th

Inferno was not accounted for in the pool. But if we count him as Soul Edge 39th.

The last two characters vary between theory and theory, but in the top 23 characters these are the ones that are missing in placement

-Cassandra 12th /-Amy 13th /-Yun 14th /-Raphael 19th /-Setsuka 20th /-Viola 21th /- Hwag 23th

7 characters, which are the most likely to get the two final slots and becoming DLC- Hwag and Yun cancel each other in my point of view, if one is in I don't think the other will be, but ONE of them is in I think. Leaving one last spot between Cassandra, Amy, Raphael, Setsuka and Viola, I don't see Viola making it at all to be honest, right now at least and between Amy and Raphael, I'm pretty sure Raphael still will hit before Amy and between those is the one most likely.

Cassandra doesn't seem like a likely DLC to me, not on Season 1 at least. Hilde missed the top 23 for one spot, so I stand that Hilde and Setsuka will be DLC. The bonus character could be anything at this point.

What was wrong with Legendary Souls?
It's just a glorified Arcade Mode but with AI beyond the highest difficulty with no real reward for finishing it other than saying you've finished it. Arcade Mode was already bad in SoulCalibur V, not having individual interactions/endings, but Legendary Souls was just next level icing on the cake. It would be an okay mode to have if the rest of the modes weren't already awful, but it didn't add anything to the table, really.

Speculation Snip
I feel like we're all just repeating ourselves now. There really isn't any mystery left, and Seong Mi-na was the last surprise. Hwang would have been equally surprising without Seong Mi-na being revealed, but now he's basically a shoo-in. Tira might have been surprising if Zasalamel wasn't revealed so early, and/or we didn't have leaks, but there's no way she doesn't make it in. Cervantes, Lizardman, and Inferno (as well as Astaroth) may as well have had reveals at E3, if they were going to be so blatantly shown. Raphael would be surprising if it wasn't so obvious that we're missing a rapier style, and they've beaten us over the head with that they're going for unique weapon styles as a priority. That fills all the slots.

and they've beaten us over the head with that they're going for unique weapon styles as a priority. That fills all the slots.
Neither Hwag nor Mi-Na would be in if that was true, are they clones? No, well Mi-Na less so than Hwag, but their weapons are definitely not unique in the sense they meant or anyone in this thread often means.

Neither Hwag nor Mi-Na would be in if that was true, are they clones? No, well Mi-Na less so than Hwag, but their weapons are definitely not unique in the sense they meant or anyone in this thread often means.
As long as Mina doesn't borrow moves from Kilik (Seeing as she was first that statement feels absurd) then her weapon is completely different. It's an effing pole arm while Kilik weilds a fricken staff. The two weapons themselves are no where near the same thing or clonish to any degree. They only seem that way due to bad development at one point where they shared moves when they shouldn't in the first place.

As long as Mina doesn't borrow moves from Kilik (Seeing as she was first that statement feels absurd) then her weapon is completely different. It's an effing pole arm while Kilik weilds a fricken staff. The two weapons themselves are no where near the same thing or clonish to any degree. They only seem that way due to bad development at one point where they shared moves when they shouldn't in the first place.
Most people are ignorant to the fact that Mi-na played very differently in Soul Blade, most of modern Mi-Na comes from Soul Colibur where she and Kilik were worked in sharing quite a few moves, which is why a lot of her moves makes absolute no sense for some wielding a naginata, even her back story for that game says she trained under staff style. People are more on the look out for asthetics than functionality, again from a developing sense those two weapons are no more unique than Amy's or Cassandra's.

Cassandra would literally be Anna like @Ramus said, but since I'm pretty sure we are getting Raphael, the other one would be Amy, since I really do feel like having her playable is pretty unreasonable, considering the time period and context of what SoulCalibur VI is.

As far as Raphael in SoulCalibur VI goes, I would also say it's a given that he would be in the state that @Wadou_Ichimonji describes. That's just where he is at this part of the timeline, so if he's in the game, then that's the Raphael we'll see. It wouldn't make any sense for him to be a malfested, since that event hasn't occurred yet, and won't occur in this time period either.
Oh my god no, that's where the characters were in the OLD TIMELINE! You literally have no idea where they will be now in the new one. You need to stop assuming things based on the old timeline.

Hwang was once a clone of Mitsurugi/Xianghua, but Yun-seong introduced a non-clone dao style to contrast Xianghua's jian style. Hwang borrowed from this in SoulCalibur III and was refined further in Arcade Edition. Now he's not a clone at all, much the same as Mi-na received delineations from Kilik in SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV.

Oh my god no, that's where the characters were in the OLD TIMELINE! You literally have no idea where they will be now in the new one. You need to stop assuming things based on the old timeline.
The new timeline is practically identical to the old timeline from what we have seen so far. I'm sorry that you can't logic and reason, but I'm tired of having this silly argument. There has been no reason given to believe that events will play out any differently than they did originally. This is a retelling, not a reimagining.

Cervantes, Cassandra, Raphael, Lizardman, Yun Seong, Tira is the most logical assumption for who is left for the base game reveals. DLC could probably be Amy, Setsuka, Hilde and Algol. Pre Order bonus character could be Viola, despite the problems with the facebook poll, she still ranked the highest out of anyone from SCV. Those are just my guesses based on who they have already shown, and general popularity of characters in the series.

Even if they didn't show up until SCIII/IV, anyone from SCIII and IV is 100% fair game, because in the Old Timeline, SCII through IV were in the same year.

Also the definition of a retelling is:
"to tell a story again or differently"
"a new version of a story"
"a new, and often updated or retranslated, version of a story."

Back