Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Day by day we reach perfection.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 9.38.53 PM.png

You misunderstand my point. There's nothing inherently wrong about gypsy characters with crystal balls, but they're incredibly out of place in a game like Soul Calibur where a lot of the character design is at the very least rooted in some real-world equivalent/culture/origin or otherwise explained by connection to supernatural forces already present in the game's canon (Soul Edge and Soul Calibur). Viola and Z.W.E.I. were literally anomalies with no real world cultural basis aside from a loose adaptation of Little Red Purple Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.

That's why I said if they went with a traditional Romani gypsy basis for Viola (aka her 2P), I would have been more accepting of her in the SC universe.
No, you misunderstood me too I was actually rooting for the goth style not the gypsy, and like JohnMcKee said in an universe where we have a man in fire a human lizard, a girl fighting in her underwear,Necreed thing and other stuff that devs simply explain with soul edge. I mean if a guy want to fight in just his undeware he should have the right, nobody complain about Urien so why is Algol getting so much s*it.

PLUS Viola and Wolfy didn't get enough time to develop their character especially with the fiasco that SC5 story was. I'm 100% that Viola and Zwei were both in contact with one of the sword or something during their journey. That would explain their power and for the clothes they just wear something cool like every character in the game, SoulCalibur was always about looking badass and cool even when it's being "stereotypical".

Last edited:
What about the claims about their select screen shots?

Did Verge leak Chrom, Dark Samus, Simon, Richter, and K Rool for Smash by the way?

Can he just say if Rock is taking a slot? I’d rather have the son of the Kim family...

Did Verge leak Chrom, Dark Samus, Simon, Richter, and K Rool for Smash by the way?

Can he just say if Rock is taking a slot? I’d rather have the son of the Kim family...

All of those Smash characters have been confirmed!

You realize Amy as a character is not rooted at all in the real-world of that time.

At least we know she’s French. Her Gothic aesthetic is understandable for the time period (if a little skewed toward lolita but that’s okay because this series loves a little anachronism), especially once Raphael takes her in with all his spare moolah.

Do you hate Rock so much?
Why?
Or do you like the kim family so much?

As much as I liked Viola and the idea of Amy becoming some sort of hybrid between them two, I'd still not want too much magical hocus pocus in the game that isn't exactly tied to Soul Edge or otherwise grounded in cultural aspects. I'd have been more lenient of Viola's introduction in the series had she been an actual Romani gypsy, much like her gorgeous 2P costume.
Okay but she's malfested and the game was rushed. I believe there's an SCV artbook thread somewhere in the forums too. Maybe look there for explanations if there is any.

I want Algol in sc6 at least as DLC, I don't care if he is in a second season pass.
What do you guys Think about Algol chances of being in sc6???

About as good as anyone else's if we are talking about DLC, although maybe not for the standard roster. That is my absolute favorite character and unless some new or guest shows up that i like more, he'll be my main as soon as he's available. I think once he's been established as the creator of Soulcalibur, its kind of hard to ignore him.

Let’s all take a step back, relax, and just wait for Gamescom on the 21st-25th.

...where Tira will be revealed in a new, bird themed outfit, and Amyiola will be shown drawn crudely on a piece of paper that is then lit on fire and thrown into a trash can surrounded by the dev team as they all laugh and call her by her true name, “Hot Garbage,” but with a French accent.

Back