Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Somebody should ask Okubo which characters are NOT returning!

That's a good answer!
How is that complicated though, I mean almost every game namco had lately is basically alternative color but with previous games they had no problem with a 2nd costume we don't need 3 just 2 like a normal fighting game. No excuses, they should had years on this project and yeah I'm salty right now.

How is that complicated though, I mean almost every game namco had lately is basically alternative color but with previous games they had no problem with a 2nd costume we don't need 3 just 2 like a normal fighting game. No excuses, they should had years on this project and yeah I'm salty right now.
The rule for fighting game is pallette swaps, the fuck you're on?

The rule for fighting game is pallette swaps, the fuck you're on?
Virtua Fighter, Tekken, DoA, and of course Soul Calibur have all had 2P costumes for their entire histories. This is a new precedent set by Capcom and their shameless practices in SF4 onward.
Somebody should ask Okubo which characters are NOT returning!
He'd probably say some meme shit like ABELIA.

Last edited:
If anyone is not familiar with the website SteamDB, it is a third party site that shows the file structure of games on Steam.

This is the link for Soulcalibur VI on SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/544750/info/

There's not much of anything interesting at the moment. Except one of the store tags says Heist. How is this a heist genre game? Is that a story mode spoiler?

If anyone is not familiar with the website SteamDB, it is a third party site that shows the file structure of games on Steam.

This is the link for Soulcalibur VI on SteamDB
https://steamdb.info/app/544750/info/

There's not much of anything interesting at the moment. Except one of the store tags says Heist. How is this a heist genre game? Is that a story mode spoiler?
They'll be heisting away with our money with DLC and microtransactions. They're not even hiding it anymore.

Not to mention Vergeben leaking her through concrete evidence like voice work and name drops back in what, February?
It was late last year.
I knew about her due to dialogue recorded referencing her and her own

@Vergeben did somebody find out ?

I didn't saw much things besides that tree and the fact that the center slot turn in an opposite way of the big one in the background.
I compiled all of the speculated things about the character select screen earlier finally. I'm going to send them it today and see if anyone guessed it. Someone had to have guessed it.

It was late last year.
I knew about her due to dialogue recorded referencing her and her own

I compiled all of the speculated things about the character select screen earlier finally. I'm going to send them it today and see if anyone guessed it. Someone had to have guessed it.

Did you see the comments about the lines? There were a lot of comments about the lines. I remember, i posted some. Make sure you ask about the lines. Seriously, don't forget about the lines. I need those lines discussed.

...ask about the lines.

Feels too late now without many reveals left. My guess if that is true is that the unsightly "Select your character" window will be gone in the final product. Maybe we can get two more stages as well?

This thread is for posts like this

https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcal...-speculation-thread.19677/page-51#post-754209

I wonder how they are going to handle character reveals from now on. If there are 6 slots left then they could make an announcement weekly with 2 weeks to spare before release.
I think they might release some more info this week, maybe one more character tomorrow or saturday (prob Cervantes or Mage character since they already have hinted them).

I'd bet on them doing some irregular schedule as they have been.

They'll probably show 2 at Tokyo Game Show, and it'd be smart to show 2 the week of release.

That might just mean one more reveal on some other odd week.

My guess is that we'll get a mass reveal of everyone but the bosses at TGS since Libra and CaS are out of the way. After the CaS video for V, the remainder of the default cast was revealed. I don't think there's anything else significant enough to show at an event.

My guess is that we'll get a mass reveal of everyone but the bosses at TGS since Libra and CaS are out of the way. After the CaS video for V, the remainder of the default cast was revealed. I don't think there's anything else significant enough to show at an event.
Hopefully we see a hands on for cas at tgs or something.

Last edited:
I just hope the remainder of the characters that aren’t unlockable secret bosses are revealed before or at TGS so we can get a look at the actual launch build.

Back