Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Isnt that kind of what Tira is? They appear to be handling that situation differently so i dont think they are going to patch in Hwang and Lizardman.
The difference is, though, that people will pay money for Tira. People (at large) won't pay money for Hwang and Lizardman. It's just business.

I agree that Raph's glasses are a little weird but I don't hate them. Besides, it looks more like a small masquerade mask to me.
Overall, I really like his design. It conveys the whole pompous nobleman thing really well in my opinion. I was never a fan of his darker SC4 and SC5 looks tbh. His SC3 design still remains my favorite though.
Cervantes is.....Cervantes. Never cared for him really lol
I really wonder how they're going to handle a fuck-up like this. This is way worse than the Taki leak by far.

I don't mind the glasses...on the artwork. It looks extremely out of place on the actual 3D model and I can't seem to place why.
His face shape and features look much better and somehow manage to make the glasses not look terrible.
Him still having his SCIV / SCV face did the glasses no favors.

I agree that Raph's glasses are a little weird but I don't hate them. Besides, it looks more like a small masquerade mask to me.
Overall, I really like his design. It's just the right amount of ridiculous and really suits him in my opinion. I was never a fan of his darker SC4 and SC5 looks tbh.
Cervantes is.....Cervantes. Never cared for him really lol
I really wonder how they're going to handle a fuck-up like this. This is way worse than the Taki leak by far.
They will either be forced to acknowledge it, or do like they did with the leaked Vegito trailer for DBFZ and act like it never happened for a little while there like they did and proceed as they had planned what? 2 weeks later. It was something like that. It felt like 2 weeks later at least. lol

What a pleasant surprise to see my main return to the stage of history. I'm glad Project Soul put him in the base roster, where he belongs.

Looks like I'm one of the few who likes his design. He looks classy and the glasses suit him well, which also sets him apart from the rest of the cast design-wise. However, I do wish he would've had a sash similar to the one from his SCII/SCV 1P, as it looks a bit incomplete without it. I'm already getting sick of everyone trashing his outfit even though it looks fine... It's a shame the colours don't really match the artwork, especially for Cervantes.

I'm going to enjoy Raphael's moveset in this game. Apparently he can do Critical Edge and Reversal Edge during Preparation, and he can cancel Reversal Edge into a stance, which is very neat. Overall, he seems to have gained some extra stance transitions into Preparation, including a low attack and he seems slightly more complex than in SCV. I like how he has a BBBB string, a Guard Break property for Shadow Evade B, that his 1K low sweep can be done from neutral again, and that he has multiple just frames. It's also nice to see he has two of his older stances again. His Critical Edge and Reversal Edge animations look very cool. The only thing I don't like, is that his SCV 33KB seems to be removed. It's a great whiff punisher and the BE version was one of his best moves (one of the best in the whole game, in fact).

Ooooh the Raphael surprise (i hoped for him as a secondary character, favorite Seong Mi-Na) ! *_*
It's not a trailer but it's as good as that, sooo happy, amazing design love the glasses !!! :sc2rap3:
Preorder totally worths it ! i hope many many players... and French players, will preorder too !
(You should be so happy JohnMcKee !)

And now i'm fingers crossed with the fans who expect their remaining favorite characters,
especially the Cassandra fans with their super impressive motivation ! Fingers crossed for you !

Last edited:
Can we all just hope Raphael’s gameplay will make up for his rather awful look as seen in the leaked artwork of him? But then again, this IS Raphael here soooo....maybe I shouldn’t get my hopes up so soon.

Back