Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This will fall to deaf ears, but here we go.

If 20 is indeed the case for the final base game, just remember.

MKX has 24 base characters.
SFV has 16 base characters.
Injustice 2 26 base characters.
Drangol Ball FighterZ 24 base characters.
Killer Instinct 9 base characters.
DOA 5 had 19 base characters.
You guys wanna know the one outlier ? Tekken with 36 characters base roster, but this is not the first version of the game, the Tekken that was on the Arcades at first had 22 characters.

The Soul Series itself has had a average of 24 characters, most of the missing characters from IV are the ones half of the people in this thread kept screaming "clone".

-Amy
-Cassandra
-Lizardman
-Rock
-Yun

While the three unique styles missing, one of them is Algol a generally unpopular character, the other two are the characters we're assuming to be DLC for this entire time.

-Algol
-Hilde
-Setsuka

I did appreciate if people stopped being so pressed about the roster size, when the Soul Calibur with most character was a mutant and probably was banking on Star Wars to sell extra well. Otherwise games have had around 24 styles.

Ok, now some words from me :)

1. Raphael must grow on me really fast cause I don't like his style, design, persona as this flamboyant French man at all ;/ Even in 3 he was more evil, with red eyes and shit, and he was perfect in 4 in his black outfit with long cape and bats.... I miss this so much
2. On the other hand Cervantes looks so BAD ASS, he looks big, manacing like old school motorbiker but zombie pirate from hell xD I will be playing him so much :)
3. And now on the final roster, I don;t think remaining 4 dots are for DLC, DLC slots will be added like in Tekken 7 after.

So 4 remaining chars are: Hwang, Lizardman, New female character and Rock. Inferno will be fifth in the middle cause he is boss and a mimic.

Thanks for reading ;)

I'm hoping that there's a new female character, praying even because I don't want it to be a total sausage fest and besides we need a brand new female (plus three newbies is an ideal number). If not base, definitely as DLC.

Oh yes I really agree with you, I'm looking forward for a new female character too and I always mention in my character roster predictions that it will be a reveal with a brand new female character!

If that's the case that could confirm the remaining slots being characters that should be in the roster as unlockables but same as TIra were cut down from the game and sold as a excuse for Season Pass. (This would be worst case of all)

So Season Pass Characters could be:

- Hwang
- Lizzardman (or Cassandra)
- Tira (already confirmed)
- (New Guest - Fuck this do not want but seems to be the case)

That would be sad... I mean goodbye Setsuka, Hilde, Amy + Viola, Rock...
Or "until Season Pass 2"... if that ever happens.

Okubo clearly stated the final roster would have more characters but well... he did not say that could be because of Season Pass/DLCs...

Probably some worker in Project Soul Team was angry and decided to give the "wrong" build so people could see Bamco's true intentions...

Bamco was caught... again.

PS. Here I'm just being overly pessimistic and pointing out worst situation of all. People would be mad if that's the case.

Last edited:
If that's the case that could confirm the remaining slots being characters that should be in the roster but same as TIra were cut down from the game and sold as a excuse for Season Pass.

Probably some worker in Project Soul Team was angry and decided to give the "wrong" build so people could see Bamco's true intentions...

Bamco was caught... again.

I hope that's not this because with so many players hoping for Hwang, Lizardman, Cassandra, etc. If all remaining slots were dlc, it could hurt sales.
Don't need another predatory youtubers controversy.

(However i feel the voidu legit sale from this week-end will help a lot, because i've just seen players hesitating and then jumping to the train because they could get deluxe edition for base game edition price... I'd already bought deluxe from Steam + no credit card, i'll keep that this way but i feel optimist that this week-end sale get back more players - the hesitating ones - to help revive the game !)

And 4, il like so much this new Raphael ! *_*

Last edited:
So the base roster has been reduced by transferring them to DLC, leaving only 2 unknown characters. I think we can be sure one is Lizardman. I am hoping the other is Hwang, but I doubt it. Even if it's not the final build - the character select screen is probably final.

I'm moderately pleased with the new Raphy.
The new movelist is very good, especially compared to Raphy of SC5.
At the beginning of the SC5 Raphy was a weak hero, in the patch it was further weakened - at this moment, Raphy is one of the weakest heroes of SC% :(
So I'm glad that the authors of the game took into account their mistakes, and returned to Raphy many movements from SC4
I am moderately pleased with his new appearance. The Raphy from SC 5 was completly not like a medieval French arisctocrate or nobleman.
No traditional for a French nobleman camisole and justaucorps, no aristocratic wig, no face powder. I'm not kidding about face powder - the tanned face was then perceived as a sign of the common people, the nobles emphasized in every way that they were not like the commontards, having a suntanned face for the aristocrat of the time was considered great shame ... they really feared the sun !)
in SС6 he was at least returned to the noble shirt with ruches

++:good and plausible cosplay of aristocratic french vampire
0f2ce427531bedebfa19f98756863714.jpg
[\spoiler]

Back