Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I just realized how similar Grøh's and Raphael's boots are... Above the knee, some feathers/frills, a fleur-de-lis on the front of the thigh...

looks like generic warrior art to me. did we see his style in a video?
Just gimme Hwang and Yun all-in-one please...
han.jpg

The fact Inferno is not listed on the roster despite us seeing him in the story mode is the only thing pointing to a possibility of us receiving more characters. He's either one of those slots or in the middle but we have no reason to believe he'd be in the middle after what they did in V. So hopefully he's one of the base roster slots which would mean the others are also not DLC.

Help us Inferno...you are our only hope?

Anyone else find it ironic that we're hoping for a mimic in the main roster?

I have a feeling they will rush Raphael and Cervantes' reveals now but I am hoping they will also let us know if there is more to come.
I remember Okubo stating on one of his latest interview that there aren't many characters left to be revealed. Hopefully he didn't mean only those 2 and the dlc.
I don't know why but I really cannot feel the roster would work 100% without Setsuka, Cassandra, Hwang, Amy/Viola, ZWEI, Hilde and Algol
I think Rock also would deserve a spot and Aeon would be making the cut too as probably in some kind of different form from the rest.
If this roster is final or if Inferno makes it before all these characters it does make me feel weird on how some really interesting characters got cut because let's face it :p if there is going to be a season 2 its going to take a long time before we get it, probably more than a year just like Tekken so I don't know how all these cool characters can fit in one season pass or be completely absent especially since one of the dlc characters is heavily rumoured to be a guest.

I'm "jumping to conclusions" because it makes too much sense for it to be wrong. The game went gold last week, and they accidentally sent the build to a tourney. There are 4 empty slots that just happen to fit the 4 DLC characters we're missing. Inferno fits perfectly in the middle.

We have at least 4 major trailers left, being Raph, Cerv, new game mode, and launch trailer. That's more than enough to last us the final month and a half.

Being in denial will only bring you disappointment. If you choose to expect a 25 character roster and don't get it, you'll be a lot more upset by the off chance that the opposite happens.
i think it depends on thir marketing strategy. If they want to rely mostly on the base game selling, they will need not just support but LOVE from critics and the main fanbase. This would really amp up the hype.

If they dont care and just wanna do DLC model, then the base could end now, with a bunch of meh fan reactions. Fans might amp up the hype for DLC if the packaging of chars is good enough, thouh this is hampered already via Tira negative press.

I can’t see Hwang making it to a DLC slot for some reason, but i can imagine Lizardman. Bare minimum I hope we get three more reveals in addition to Cerv and Raph, with one of the reveals a female.

It’s conceivable that the Cerv and Raph build is the final build for tournaments before release, but they are planning to add at least 3 more char to base for retail.

inferno will be a unlockable i asumme, not trailer for him, so pretty much this could be the final build and inferno could be in

1. Okubo stated there would be more than 20 forever ago.
2. This was an unfinished build, a fact.
3. Those are dots we've seen before in the last one only it was two that time.
4. We've had teases for characters that aren't on the select screen (ie. Lizardman, Hwang, Inferno).
5. It would be really dumb to make slots for DLC characters that won't appear for potentially months, and make the screen completely lopsided.
6. Most likely, the spots are there to include Tira (Day 1 DLC), Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno (in the center) and possibly one more. That would round it out very well, shown below.

soulcalibur-vi-final-roster-png.50822

whose the chick on the bottom right? excuse my ignorance

Sorry for being the long-time lurker jumping in... just my thoughts on the recent developments:

I could agree with the logic that the four remaining slots (not including centre Inferno which I think will be an unlock) will be DLC characters except for the fact that to access two of them are disconnected to the rest by the ? and Creation slots - seems odd that if all the DLCs are held in the same regard then they’d all be ‘equal’ on the select screen. I’m more inclined (delusional?) that Hwang is top-left and Aeon is middle-right where there are two missing slots.

For those arguing that Hwang and Aeon wouldn’t be left until last, consider this - all the other characters revealed up to now were either present in IV or V in their current form, giving a near-generation basis for developers to take their move sets and build on them. Hwang (assuming at least some changes from Yun-Seong such as stance and some moves because he prances about like an idiot) and Aeon (assuming a return to a I or II-like move set for story reasons) would need more development time, so they could be the last ones to be finished. This also lines up with the ‘leak’ claiming there were some missing elements of Hwang’s character, which may not have been added at that point for this reason.

Generally I’m a realist/pessimist so am anticipating them not to be in the game, but the Soul Blade fan in me prays for at least Hwang’s return. There are obviously counter-arguments as to why they will be in, so I’m torn...

P.S. Algol can stay faaaaaaaar away from this game...

P.P.S. Raphael’s glasses annoy me but probably can be removed in CaS.

As previously stated, the four small circles match the DLC perfectly so that makes a lot of sense. Also, I don't see why previously all unrevealed base game characters were just blank, big circles, but now people believe that the small circles are now unrevealed base characters. Why would the Devs make that random change? They could of course be unlockable characters, but I highly doubt it!

Also, just a personal thing but why does everyone want/think we'll get Inferno? Leave him as an NPC please, we don't need a mimic.

As previously stated, the four small circles match the DLC perfectly so that makes a lot of sense. Also, I don't see why previously all unrevealed base game characters were just blank, big circles, but now people believe that the small circles are now unrevealed base characters. Why would the Devs make that random change? They could of course be unlockable characters, but I highly doubt it!

Also, just a personal thing but why does everyone want/think we'll get Inferno? Leave him as an NPC please, we don't need a mimic.

The real question is, if he's already made why in the name of hell he shouldn't be playable. It's not like they need to do extra work for him if he's already programmed.

Back