Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Imagine this, they show a trailer at TGS and the character select screen is shown. The players begin to pick their chars and everyone notices that Raphael and Cervantes are there as well as Tira, Hwang, Lizardman, and Inferno in the 'small circle' locations. One of them goes to the bottom of the screen and then hits down one more time to reveal a whole other row of characters.

Setsuka, Hilde, Cassandra, Rock, and Amyiola are all shown in portraits... and then in the middle of the character select...

...Dampierre

>mfw
View attachment 50900
there's a universe/timeline where SC and Tekken swap places and SC becomes the franchise bamco cared about and this is a reality
and in this reality soulcalibur 6 already came out and soulcalibur 7 is the reboot

>tfw you don't live in that reality

I thought patroklos was the successor to Cassandra. To me their play styles are parallel to each other. They are both rushdown characters, use their shield a lot, they both have the move where they flip backwards, the same special b+g throw, 236ab, etc. As a Cassandra main I felt right at home when using Patroklos.

I thought patroklos was the successor to Cassandra. To me their play styles are parallel to each other. They are both rushdown characters, use their shield a lot, they both have the move where they flip backwards, the same special b+g throw, 236ab, etc. As a Cassandra main I felt right at home when using Patroklos.

I played Cassandra as well and didn't like how Pat fought at all because of that I jumped to Natsu like I heard a lot of people did when they lost their mains in the great culling that was Soul Calibur 5

Still tons more potential than Patty who almost killed the franchise...

giphy.gif

Was it this?

Patty Cakes was a badly written character yes. And so was Pyrrha, but had they not been written in that way they'd have more potential than Cassandra. There are a lot more options to go through story wise with them than with the irrelevant auntie. But I mean I get it. Party Cakes and Pyrrha were removed for a reason. But so w
Still tons more potential than Patty who almost killed the franchise...

giphy.gif

Was it this?

Patty Cakes and Pyrrha weren't the only thing that almost killed the franchise, though they were a huge factor definitely. As I said, I don't pretend that they're well-liked. Nevertheless, story-wise they had a ton of potential. People were excited about them and the other successors before the game was released. In any event, he and Pyrrha were not well-received, which is why they were removed from the game; and their story wasn't gonna go anywhere after SCV. Just like Cassandra's didn't go anywhere from SC2-SC4. Which is why she was removed, too. I don't know...Cassandra was my second main, but at this point, I'm over the fact that she didn't make it in. Oh well. That's life.
giphy-27-3.gif

Patty Cakes and Pyrrha weren't the only thing that almost killed the franchise, though they were a huge factor definitely. As I said, I don't pretend that they're well-liked. Nevertheless, story-wise they had a ton of potential. People were excited about them and the other successors before the game was released. In any event, he and Pyrrha were not well-received, which is why they were removed from the game; and their story wasn't gonna go anywhere after SCV. Just like Cassandra's didn't go anywhere from SC2-SC4. Which is why she was removed, too. I don't know...Cassandra was my second main, but at this point, I'm over the fact that she didn't make it in. Oh well. That's life.
Cassandra was the only character in SC4 to recognize both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur as evil and she destroyed them both. Soul Calibur being evil was one of the biggest plot points of SC5. They could have reused Cassandra's role that way. She's also related to Patroklos and Pyrrha, so she would have a lot of motivation to try to help either character.

Anyway, it would be pretty easy for Namco to write any character into the story if that's their criteria for including that character. Heck, if Namco really wanted, they could make Dampierre an important story character. Maybe Dampierre tried to scam one of the central story characters by selling them snake oil and he gets involved that way. Maybe he's the real villain all along and Azwel is just one of his disguises. Maybe he created an android as a boy and he set it up to be the emperor of a country, just so he could have the android emperor recruit a powerful warrior to help him capture Soul Edge for him so he can rule the world or whatever.

The last idea, by the way, is the storyline for an actual SC game. I don't think anything is too ridiculous for Project Soul.

Cassandra was the only character in SC4 to recognize both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur as evil and she destroyed them both. Soul Calibur being evil was one of the biggest plot points of SC5. They could have reused Cassandra's role that way. She's also related to Patroklos and Pyrrha, so she would have a lot of motivation to try to help either character.

Anyway, it would be pretty easy for Namco to write any character into the story if that's their criteria for including that character. Heck, if Namco really wanted, they could make Dampierre an important story character. Maybe Dampierre tried to scam one of the central story characters by selling them snake oil and he gets involved that way. Maybe he's the real villain all along and Azwel is just one of his disguises. Maybe he created an android as a boy and he set it up to be the emperor of a country, just so he could have the android emperor recruit a powerful warrior to help him capture Soul Edge for him so he can rule the world or whatever.

The last idea, by the way, is the storyline for an actual SC game. I don't think anything is too ridiculous for Project Soul.

I guess their criteria so far hasn't included Cassandra. Who knows maybe DLC. Or maybe she will be one of the final two characters...I don't think she will be though.

I don't know what to tell you guys. It seems so obvious that Cass would be in the base or DLC. The leakers have even said she is in story mode. Same with Hwang.

"I worked on SC6 more than a year ago. At the time, I was really surprised that there were no leaks, considering how "advanced" the localization was. It was a relief for me when they finally announced the fucking thing.
And yeah, for what it's worth, I know Cassandra and Hwang are in the game, and there were no mention of Setsuka anywhere.

I mean, I could understand people not believing me, but considering the amount of people that worked on the game, it shouldn't be surprising than one of them lurks 4chan. I'm super excited about the game, and I kinda want to help people with the anxiety about the characters with the few things I know.

Fun stuff I learned from the files as well Edge Master is also present in Story Mode"

It would be a real missed opportunity if Bamco makes them CaS clones.

Perhaps instead of Lizardman it could be Cass if there's bonus characters
Gah, I missed that post by one the leakers! It's even in one of the threads I thought I read through thoroughly. So Edge Master is another character with a cameo in the story mode.

He elaborates on the status of Hwang and Cassandra in other posts.

In regards to Cassandra:
I really doubt so. I think she'd be a bit more present in the text files if that was the case, but so far she only looks like a cameo in Sophitia's story mode

In regards to Hwang:
This list >>421028621 was actually me, and this is based off the files I've worked on.
As I said, I'm not 100% sure Hwang is in because he didn't have a "Narrator" segment while every other characters had one, but maybe that segment wasn't just in the file at the time.
I don't know why that leak guy that said Raphael wasn't in came from, he's in there, clear as day.

I'm tempted to believe Create-a-Soul is in the game, because it looks like you're fighting lot of NPC (Taki fights against some dudes of the Fuma clan, you fight Malfested with Sophitia, Yoshimitsu and Voldo fight against a lot of mooks) and some characters seems to have generic lines adressed to the "Player", that would probably imply it's a CaS.
I think the other newcomer might be some dude called Azwel, the rival of Groh. I guess this will be the ultimate proof if I'm bullshitting or not.
So it sounds like his final thoughts on Cassandra and Hwang are that they're both in story mode as cameos but not playable.

To look at it in a slightly more positive way, maybe it's an SF5 situation where some characters planned for DLC make an appearance during the story mode. Though that's unlikely with the low number of DLC characters.

I guess their criteria so far hasn't included Cassandra. Who knows maybe DLC. Or maybe she will be one of the final two characters...I don't think she will be though.
Considering the base roster isn't looking to be very big, they must have had some arguments trying to decide who makes it in. I think Cassandra has a good chance to make it as DLC though, if they end up making more DLC.

@Sectus
Once we see the storyline art it could sort of offer clues.

It's definitely grasping at straws, but I'm of the opinion that if a character has a significantly altered design (like Seong Mina) in the art then it raises their potential to be DLC/bonus in roster.

So far the storyline apperances leaked are
Hwang
Cassandra
Lizardman
Edgemaster (lol)

If the storyline characters there are not in base game they could be inserts to be later DLC (or were cut to be DLC due to time constraints). In theory the DLC could be the above characters minus Edgemaster.

However, I think Lizardman will get screwed. The leaks omitted Lizardman in the end, while another was very sure he's a CAS clone. Because of this, I don't see him being DLC unless they make *major* changes to his model or make him Aeon instead.

This proposed DLC list goes against the idea that Setsuka, Hilde will be in. But I'm also using the silhouettes as a basis.
True, it could be a bluff that we have one more female and two males.

But Tira, Cass, Hwang and Guest could work.

As for the other classic girls....well...

I think Okubo is bluffing. This isn't the final Soul Calibur game. I can almost guarantee you we will get at least one Soul Calibur game per console generation. The only reason it took so long was because they messed up the development hard and had to start from scratch.

Since Okubo hails from Tekken, I think it's likely he will try and implement their DLC model into Soul Calibur. (Aka Season 2)

Watch the next character trailer be Edge Master. Just imagine the meltdown that would cause.

I believe Okubo when he talked about the state of the SC franchise. I don't think the franchise will be literally dead if SC6 fails, but I think it will be demoted to only appear on smartphones and as pachislo machines. Namco has also stated they want to focus on creating more new IPs, so they're probably eager to disband the SC team once again so they can work on something else.

Back