Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm not sheep who take everything they give me! Fu ck DLC fu ck cutting contet off the game! I know gameplay is what matters, but look how other games like SF5 and Tekken 7 have alt costumes, packs of stages and music, they do feel "acceptable" in the terms of package. SC3 is one of my best SC games cause it had awesome alt outifts, you could choose a weapon, no fu ckin guest characters replace original cast, evry char had their own stage, museum, weapon katas! Fu ck it was in 2005! I want some quantity and quality in fighting games, especially these days. I am more picky after SC5 disaster, sorry

But no other fighting game has this much single player content and degree of customization. Everybody loved SC3 and its clear they tried to repeat some of that with this game but they cant go back to it entirely. You're not considering this has to be an online game and a lot of what SC3 was doesnt mix well with online gameplay.

Its not that they are cutting content, the focus is being stretched in several directions and the game can only do so much.

It still amazes me that Bandai Namco has punished this series for failing to meet expectations after forcing Project Soul to meet an unreasonable deadline for SCV following a major environmental crisis in Japan. What amazes me more is this community's lack of empathy for the developers of the series who surely did what they could with the resources and time they were allowed.

Well, I think people understand but they are still upset. I'd sacrifice CaS in favor of costumes, but I know a lot of people wouldn't.

I just want this game to sell a lot and Namco Bandai to be more caring of the franchise.
Guess all there games are on a small budget then, going by there other games.

I'm not sheep who take everything they give me! Fu ck DLC fu ck cutting contet off the game! I know gameplay is what matters, but look how other games like SF5 and Tekken 7 have alt costumes, packs of stages and music, they do feel "acceptable" in the terms of package. SC3 is one of my best SC games cause it had awesome alt outifts, you could choose a weapon, no fu ckin guest characters replace original cast, evry char had their own stage, museum, weapon katas! Fu ck it was in 2005! I want some quantity and quality in fighting games, especially these days. I am more picky after SC5 disaster, sorry
You're allowed to say 'fuck' you know.

Generally speaking (as in, not aimed at Himiteshu specifically): VI seems to be giving us at least 2 story modes (I think popular belief is there's a third also but I can't recall it atm?) one of which has a text amount compared to an RPG and people are still like "the game is low on content" because it only has 11 stages or whatever? I get that people can be upset by the lack of 2P outfits or even guest characters but we don't know that it doesn't have weapon demos, galleries, museum modes, character/weapon histories etc etc. A lot of people here getting mad at their own assumptions.

Also arguing about balance in a build that's LONG outdated, as though they finished making character XYZ and moved on without adjusting things for balance is ridiculous.

You're allowed to say 'fuck' you know.

Generally speaking (as in, not aimed at Himiteshu specifically): VI seems to be giving us at least 2 story modes (I think popular belief is there's a third also but I can't recall it atm?) one of which has a text amount compared to an RPG and people are still like "the game is low on content" because it only has 11 stages or whatever? I get that people can be upset by the lack of 2P outfits or even guest characters but we don't know that it doesn't have weapon demos, galleries, museum modes, character/weapon histories etc etc. A lot of people here getting mad at their own assumptions.

Also arguing about balance in a build that's LONG outdated, as though they finished making character XYZ and moved on without adjusting things for balance is ridiculous.
I'll go a step further and add I really really don't care about weapon demos, galleries, or literally anything else that's being listed as the death of the game. SC has had trash gameplay for way too damn long and I'd like for just one damn game to have the actual game come first and all the bullshit bells and whistles second, and so far that's how it looks.

In fact the only thing that's annoyed me about any of the stuff you've mentioned was the 2p costumes, but meh i'll get over it. I don't like it, but that's just how the industry is these days and if the game is actually playable and doesn't become a broken mess with a dead scene in 6 months I can promise I won't give a fuck.

If the game fails, it fails, but it's not going to because it's "only" got 11 stages or doesn't have kata's. Personally I'm just hoping I can pick a main and not regret it because the balance is shot to shit again.

What amazes me more is this community's lack of empathy for the developers of the series who surely did what they could with the resources and time they were allowed.
knight shield SC.jpg

Fake News...who would ask for Dampierre? There are plenty of people asking for characters and that's how they get their voice heard. I don't think there is any reason people shouldn't be asking for characters...sure they have probably already been decided but if the game sells well you can bet that they are listening to the community on potential characters to include in season pass 2.

I guess we can thank dead or alive 6 for having a worse controversy than Tira (5 months before release and 2 day 1 DLC characters tied to pre-orders and a deluxe edition). The only real question is whether or not this will hurt Soul Calibur VI further or the disgust for DLC practices will transfer over to DOA6.

The lack of 2P costumes is not in fact accurate. In pretty much any fighting game that has recolors instead of alt costumes the players still consider those to be 2P costumes. I am hoping (not expecting) but am hoping that there are multiple color alts to choose from for each character perhaps with color schemes referencing other games or characters via color. A lot of 2D fighters are known for this and if Soul Calibur is taking the color costumes from their book I'm going to hope they did a bit more than skim a page.

Also I would like to point out though there are currently only 11 known stages most of those stages have at least 2-3 versions of them due to being at different times of the day. While not completely new they will look slightly different and I think it should be at least mentioned.

It's impressive that people are so upset at minor details being absent. They've added so much into SC6 per the request of casuals while making fantastic gameplay and aesthetics. Not sure why people expect an infinite budget for this game when not even Tekken 7 had one. This is the most optimized work output for the cost and time of production of SC6. You're living in a dream world if you think content is being "cut" for DLC when there are recycled ideas present in the game right now as well as miscellaneous features missing (big indicator of a restricted budget).

I'm under the impression that people here think quantity is more valuable than quality. That's how you get 3 edge masters, clone stages, bonus/clone characters, and boring modes that you'll play for a day instead of your favorite old characters. At the end of the day, SC6 has made many improvements that are enjoyable and make it worthy of being called a SoulCalibur game. It has two story modes that include the whole roster, CaS, great OST, great characters, great gameplay, and it's very pleasing to look at irl.

P.S. If you complained about 2P costumes being gone when there's CaS, idk what your deal is. It's the same thing but with more variety.

You've got a nerve comparing SCVI to SFV.

Hope they chose wisely on the DLC characters. I highly doubt that this game will get a second season pass. SoulCalibur never did release a lot of stuff from DLC.

DLC practice is a fairly recent practice, and so only SCV, which was not super successful, is the only barometer.

You've got a nerve comparing SCVI to SFV.

I wouldn't even compare it to T7 either tbh, since the game was 3 years Arcade exclusive, and the game would for sure had way less content that what it was if it was a straight console game like SC6.

I'm a big Tekken fan myself but honestly it's always annoying to see people praise this game content wise over other Fighting games while they absolutely didn't take notice, forget or whatever that the game was Arcade only game for a huge while.

People keep walking and talking in circles here like ptsd victims, I swear. We won't even have a chance of getting those 2p, 100 stages and whatever else you need to be able to have fun in future games, unless people buy this one. I hope you make the right decision by yourself and the community, I'm outta here Kappa (still gonna buy like 10)

Last edited:
The game has nothing less than 3 story modes.

A extensive character customization tool.

Many things point out for a special versus being present in the game.

And a whole new mode not yet presented, woa you people who want more need to get a grip.
It's not people wanting more, it's people wanting the game to cater ONLY to their specific individual desire and screw all the other things other people might want.

The game has a bit of everything for everybody, and some people are too self centered to appreciate that the game has things to appeal to a broader group of people than themselves and only themselves. Instead they want a huge enormous glut of the thing they desire, and anything that someone else desires that detracts from that glut is the death of the game and means it should die horribly for daring to be more than a one trick pony.

Last edited:
Back