Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. But from that hiatus came some information that I was not just told to share, but encouraged to.
Here it is.
I was told that apparently the leaked build from Australia is the build that went to print. As in that is the launch roster and the last two guys (you can guess who they are but it's very obvious who they are) got CUT and relegated to being DLC. Maybe because of time constraints or a way to just make more money. We're not sure the exacts on that end. But instead of 23 on launch its now 21. I'm hoping there's a day 1 patch that adds the remaining two characters as unlockables or something but they stressed that this is really concerning what happened.
While on the topic speaking of DLC, it was said that most people are completely blocked off and kept from knowing who the DLC Guest is. All that is somewhat known is that its apparently going to be huge deal, which was why Okubo talked about how discussions were still going on when asked about it.

I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. But from that hiatus came some information that I was not just told to share, but encouraged to.
Here it is.
I was told that apparently the leaked build from Australia is the build that went to print. As in that is the launch roster and the last two guys (you can guess who they are but it's very obvious who they are) got CUT and relegated to being DLC. Maybe because of time constraints or a way to just make more money. We're not sure the exacts on that end. But instead of 23 on launch its now 21. I'm hoping there's a day 1 patch that adds the remaining two characters as unlockables or something but they stressed that this is really concerning what happened.
While on the topic speaking of DLC, it was said that most people are completely blocked off and kept from knowing who the DLC Guest is. All that is somewhat known is that its apparently going to be huge deal, which was why Okubo talked about how discussions were still going on when asked about it.
So, Tira, Hwang, and Lizardman + Guest is the season pass? And 2 of those are DLC only because they couldn't be finished in time and Tira is implied to be DLC simply because higher-ups wanted her to be?

Well, cue the entire forum complaining for the next 20 pages. I'll help out by collecting pitchforks.

So, Tira, Hwang, and Lizardman + Guest is the season pass? And 2 of those are DLC only because they couldn't be finished in time and Tira is implied to be DLC simply because higher-ups wanted her to be?

Well, cue the entire forum complaining for the next 20 pages. I'll help out by collecting pitchforks.
I feel really really bad for Okubo. The guy seems like he tried and is trying his best, but mandates from overhead aren't making things easy for him or SCVI's success. It's almost as if they're testing him to see if he can still make a game with odds stacked against it be successful.
Or they're passive aggressively wanting to mercy kill the franchise. I don't get it.
It's hard to tell fans "we care about this thing enough to keep making it" while you don't do it many favors in ensuring its success more than once.
SCVI could have been delayed like Code Vein or One Piece: World Seeker did this year to come out next year. But it didn't. Those were 'more important.'
It's so damned frustrating that SCVI got rushed out the door so compensate the importance of Japanese quarterly reports instead of those, when SCVI deserved and needed that valuable extra time.
All we can do is support the game and hope it releasing near the holidays actually does help it out.

I'm happy for everyone that were hoping for Hwang and Lizardman but with them as DLC it makes season 1 look disappointing if you don't really like them or were hoping for more popular characters to make an appearance.

If Hwang and Lizardman are truly DLC than hope that fourth DLC character is amazing.

Hello everybody, I can't say much details for now, but I have played recently the final version of SoulCaliburVI. I was allowed to play limited time on each mode and I was allowed to reccord stuff. I did saw some .... interresting things. But I signed an NDA that will end tomorow at 10am Paris time. I'am working to compile my footage to give you a nice video at this time on my YouTube channel! Stay tuned!

Since I reccorded, more than 1 hour, I will also continue posting some footage in my channel and soulcalibur.fr YT channel for the next days.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 5.43.41 AM.png

1537350280259.png

Differences and wants aside this is a very robust and unique roster. It only will get better if we give it all of our love and support. Can't wait to see how this community grows. Love you all! <3

Here it is.

mfw reading this.

On the one hand, if the two are Aeon and Hwang, I'm happy to have them at all, and would gladly have paid for them even if I wasn't committed to getting the deluxe edition.

On the other hand, this is not going to go over well at all with the wider community, including the non-diehard casuals who might catch wind of this. I mean, good grief, the least they could have done is reshape the selection screen a bit to make it less obvious.

Hello everybody, I can't say much details for now, but I have played recently the final version of SoulCaliburVI. I was allowed to play limited time on each mode and I was allowed to reccord stuff. I did saw some .... interresting things. But I signed an NDA that will end tomorow at 10am Paris time. I'am working to compile my footage to give you a nice video at this time on my YouTube channel! Stay tuned!

Since I reccorded, more than 1 hour, I will also continue posting some footage in my channel and soulcalibur.fr YT channel for the next days.

First Verg's news, now this?

nsr.gif

what do feel

Last edited:
While obviously sad about some lsot faces, one thing that springs to mind is how diverse the roster is this time around.
Here's hoping Lizardman/Aeon keeps his dual axes movelist. Kind of happy about Hwang honestly, while not one of the faves by a large margin, his moves are allright.

Can't wait to buy the game and the season pass, no thanks to Bamco corporate shenanigans though...

On the other hand, this is not going to go over well at all with the wider community, including the non-diehard casuals who might catch wind of this. I mean, good grief, the least they could have done is reshape the selection screen a bit to make it less obvious.
Yeah, if it turns out that Hwang and Lizardman are two of the four DLC characters on the season pass over characters like Cassandra, Amy, Setsuka, or Hilde; that's going to go over as well as a wet fart in a crowded elevator for many people. There's going to be endless complaining and increase the ill will towards the game since the Tira DLC announcement.

I'm happy with the roster as is, since all of my favorite characters are in it, but I'm worried about the future of the franchise if SCVI is another poorly received game.

fXCUz27.jpg

Back