Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hi, i'm new here, but i've been reading your messages from a long time (page 400 something).

For a Soul Calibur VII i don't think retelling 3 and 4 is a good idea. There hasn't been too much story in there except we have already seen.

Instead i would really like a split story line where we follow the events of V but with the characters discovering the past events of the old characters. Having both casts in the same game.
This could work if we see some characters starting a plot after the events of IV that continues 18 years after.

As an example we can see Cassandra being freed from Astral Chaos and meeting Phyrra, who tells her how Sophitia died.
This way we could have Cassandra with her own style but Phyrra and Sophitia sharing their moveset/character slot and also bringing some conclusion to the characters.

I think this way we could tie all the characters with each other, filling the holes V left seeing how some classic characters passed the torch to the new ones, while bringing some old characters to the new story.

I have a big fanfic script in my head that i will probably share when we start talking about specific characters, so this idea can sink better into you.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Talking about the current game. I don't have any issues right now. Even if i have been playing hundreds of hours since SCII i'm a very casual player and i just want that the game keeps me busy unlocking content in single player modes.
So if the CaS editor and Musseum have a lot of content i will be really happy.

A mode that i would like to see return it's the one on V, about fighting 200 CaS characters with different IA and designs. That mode helped me a lot to differenciate the different play styles of each character and gave me ideas to create my own characters.
At the end i had more time in the editor than fighting (I'm really proud of some of my work )xD

You may not like the characters introduced in SoulCalibur V but the fact remains that they also have fans and players who enjoyed using them and invested time into learning how to play them. Personally, I'm not fond of how their moveset isn't grounded on actual weapons aside from the use of the crossblade and claw. Their actual weapon is a wolf spirit and a magical orb which doesn't sit too well for me but they are nonetheless still characters people invested in. Kreuzgriff is a pretty cool weapon it would have been better if the main focus was on the weapon itself with the wolf spirit being more of an aesthetical addition to few of the moves.
Also better them than Algol and Dampierre I guess since these two got less votes.

More votes where? In this ridiculous poll seen by the handful of people who post here? Come on, you can't be serious. You'll use the excuse that they have fans? So does Algol and Damp but you're conveniently drawing the line at what 4 or 5 votes to ignore that and include Zwei and Viola?

How about this, popular is popular. Unpopular is unpopular. Lets not create absurd excuses to claim our favorite unpopular characters carries more weight than others.

Because as someone who's a fan of the original Amy with the rapier I detest Viola who basically replaced Amy and threatens to destroy her style from ever returning like some sick doppelganger and have no desire for that doppelganger and Amy to merge into some kind of hybrid that satisfies neither fans of Amy proper or the new Viola style. The two need to be completely seperated from each other.

Because as someone who's a fan of the original Amy with the rapier I detest Viola who basically replaced Amy and threatens to destroy her style from ever returning like some sick doppelganger and have no desire for that doppelganger and Amy to merge into some kind of hybrid that satisfies neither fans of Amy proper or the new Viola style. The two need to be completely seperated from each other.

I like Amy as much as I like Viola (which is a lot), but to say Viola ever replaced her is a bit of a stretch lol. This is all unconfirmed and untested conjecture based off of the fact that they happen to look a lot like each other and yet SCV nor Project Soul ever confirmed anything.

From a development standpoint, Viola has the more unique playstyle, whereas Amy had Raphael's moveset but had it utilized better (and very un-optimized at that; read: SCIV). If they aren't the same person, then yeah, maybe Amy can return with a more fleshed out moveset of her own. If they are, then more often than not, she will inherit Viola's moveset because it was already unique and competitively (and controversially) viable to begin with.

But i see as a fact that Patroklos is a character with more potential than Setsuka, because he's a scumbag filling the role of hero and that has potential for him to carry part of the plot in interesting ways.

I prefer to have a game that has something new to offer/tell than one that only brings what fans demand.

I didn't like Zwei because i didn't find his moveset flashy or the way he pulls his combos. But that can be changed with some tweeks and moves.
What Zwei can offer is a connection to Groh and Azwell,giving those characters a lot of cool interactions and a bigger role in the tale of Soul and Swords.

This can be aplied with keeping Viola instead of having Amy back (which i would make a clone of Raphael either way).

After New Legends of Project Soul came out, it baffles me how anyone can still believe that Amy isn't Viola and Raphael isn't Nightmare. The hints were already there in-game, plain as day, but the extra details from the art book sealed the deal.

The Graf Dumas business was clear as day, but do you mind linking/sharing the info about Amy and Viola?

After New Legends of Project Soul came out, it baffles me how anyone can still believe that Amy isn't Viola and Raphael isn't Nightmare. The hints were already there in-game, plain as day, but the extra details from the art book sealed the deal.
I discovered here that Raphael was Nightmare and it blow my mind xD

I think all this ties make the game more interesting, and what the cast of V lacked is a story to tell, so i'm convinced that they can have a second chance they can be loved by the fans.

I hope they bring Xiba back, but adding the Staff the CaS character had in III, that gets fatter and larger at will. I see no problem with a fun rip off of Sun Wukong.

Hey once the beta test is open we should see where Tira is intented to be placed on the character screen, ya know for more speculation and stuffs.

Also ZWEI is the best, just imagine the awesomeness of the potenial more competitive move list and the crazy Ein stuff he could do in soul charge :D

He would be another flashy character to draw interest and you guys know if he is in the game I will breakdown the FUCK outta his movelist for new players to understand him

The Graf Dumas business was clear as day, but do you mind linking/sharing the info about Amy and Viola?
Viola is from "a place of roses and lilies", which points to France, as their symbol, Fleur-de-lis, is a stylized lily, with roses also being a prevalent flower of France. Her story framing being a loss of memories and self and attempting to rediscover what's happened is also a perfect parallel to Raphael's story, and the extra detail in her concept art, that one of her designs has, of all colors, red hair, compared to all the silver hair in all the other designs.. Her oldest memory that she actually has is awakening in an encampment in a forest, which, honestly, could be anywhere, but there does happen to be a forest just outside of Ostrheinsburg Castle, which is the last known location of Raphael, too, and Amy would have been close by, likely being asked to stay away from the castle when Raphael went to confront Nightmare himself and was defeated. Amy waited, and waited, and waited, and Raphael never came back. It could even be the same location that was in Raphael's ending in SoulCalibur III, as the house that Amy stayed in was surrounded by forest.

This part is more speculative, but I'll put it out there anyway. The distress of Raphael never returning may have awakened the power inside her, manifest by the crystal ball. There is a footnote that indicates that Raphael's vampirism may have actually been a latent ability that was awakened by the malfestation, and it happens to be in the same block which talks of Amy, so it wouldn't be impossible that Amy may have had the same kind of thing.

Hey once the beta test is open we should see where Tira is intented to be placed on the character screen, ya know for more speculation and stuffs.
I'm personally betting that she's to the right of Taki, as that spot makes the most sense.

Viola is from "a place of roses and lilies", which points to France, as their symbol, Fleur-de-lis, is a stylized lily, with roses also being a prevalent flower of France. Her story framing being a loss of memories and self and attempting to rediscover what's happened is also a perfect parallel to Raphael's story, and the extra detail in her concept art, that one of her designs has, of all colors, red hair, compared to all the silver hair in all the other designs.. Her oldest memory that she actually has is awakening in an encampment in a forest, which, honestly, could be anywhere, but there does happen to be a forest just outside of Ostrheinsburg Castle, which is the last known location of Raphael, too, and Amy would have been close by, likely being asked to stay away from the castle when Raphael went to confront Nightmare himself and was defeated. Amy waited, and waited, and waited, and Raphael never came back. It could even be the same location that was in Raphael's ending in SoulCalibur III, as the house that Amy stayed in was surrounded by forest.

This part is more speculative, but I'll put it out there anyway. The distress of Raphael never returning may have awakened the power inside her, manifest by the crystal ball. There is a footnote that indicates that Raphael's vampirism may have actually been a latent ability that was awakened by the malfestation, and it happens to be in the same block which talks of Amy, so it wouldn't be impossible that Amy may have had the same kind of thing.

So magic ball Amy might be a literal reality in the near future? Assuming she even makes it back for the Season Pass.

A fun thing that i just remembered.
I think Talim won the poll because it was near the launch of V and everyone expected to see her as a grown women after the time skip.
Which is fun because Project Souls is now showing her as a fan favorite and i don't see anybody particularly interested in her xD

And i always wanted an Amakusa in Soulcalibur but after i saw how they did it and who they randomly replaced... no thank you.

aae.gif

A fun thing that i just remembered.
I think Talim won the poll because it was near the launch of V and everyone expected to see her as a grown women after the time skip.
Which is fun because Project Souls is now showing her as a fan favorite and i don't see anybody particularly interested in her xD
Nope, the poll was held years after SCV was released, which is part of why it was so telling seeing how low most of the newcomers from SCV placed on it.

Back