Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Does anyone know how to do this Maxi Soul Charge loop @ 10 minute mark?
I keep doing it by mistake, but don't actually know the command. It's might be RO AA+B or RO AB - linked together via B maybe? I really got no idea...

This Talim player was having FUN :)
vlcsnap-00002.png

vlcsnap-00003.png

vlcsnap-00004.png

Here was a good Talim player I encountered:

I'm starting to hate Reversal Edges...
To me it's like 50/50 people spam it and get there meter up to fast. I do wish they limit it though like a only a couple of times also dont see the point of it when you have guard and ig. I can say it do make the battle more epic if not spammed though.
Edit
Just remembered that L1 attack suppose to interrupt it and stop them from doing it or do it yourself to counter

Last edited:
I have high praise for this network test. It is awesome.

First off, we got a god damned network test at all. This is huge. Making sure that one of the most substantial parts of a modern fighter works well (the online modes) shows that Namco cares about the player experience and isn’t afraid to turn up their servers and watch them fail in order to rectify whatever problems them might run into so they won’t be there on actual release day.

I think the game plays exceptionally well and all of the characters handle like god damned sports cars on a set of gorgeous racetracks. We don’t have full movelists or fully fleshed out combo archives, but that isn’t stopping people from getting out there and having a great time smashing some buttons. This game feels fuckin’ amazing.

Now let me bring up some other, less flattering points.

No “practice waiting” lobby.
This might be resolved in the release version. I can see them turning this feature off in the network test to prevent people labbing combos etc and always declining ranked matches that come up which would muck up the testing of the actual network connectivity. Let’s all hope this, a staple of modern fighting games, is available in release.

Odd button buffering lag.
There have been several times where a button buffer carried over far longer than expected and caused me to execute moves when I did not want them. This seems to be prevalent in the RE contests (but this could be that I’m just not used to the timing of the inputs) but is also seen after guarding attacks, or post GI (which also seems a bit laggy regarding inputs).

No button change on the character select screen.
I’ve harped in this for a while now, But the point bears repeating. A button check in the character select screen would help facilitate faster matches and a better play experience not only in a tournament setting, but in casual get togethers as well. Starting a whole other match just to check if your buttons are set correctly seems so archaic when this feature is alive and well in Namco’s other very successful fighting franchise Tekken.

Not getting matches on 4+ bars / Local Region Only.
This is super odd. If try to play with the default settings I will sit waiting for 30+ minutes without a successful match. If I set all the settings to “any” I can normally expect a 20-30 sec wait and then I get a successful match. Now most of the matches I get have decent connections (with the occasional McDonalds WiFi Warrior) but I get literally nothing if I try to restrict myself to “good, local” connections only. Are the determining factors for these conditions too restrictive? Once I broaden my search I get quite a few matches that I would consider 4 bar connections on Tekken 7 that I don’t get to experience if I narrow down my search to just those “good/local” conditions.

Character specific criticism might come later, but the overall idea for them is that it feels very good, and I can’t wait for more.

Thanks for reading, if you took the time to do so, and I’m interested in hearing if any of you have drawn similar conclusions as mine from this network test.

Despite the rampant back and forth on Talim's playstyle right now, it's quite refreshing to see @Kayane going beast mode on her in online matches.

Also, has anyone made sense of Tira's "burning Gloomy" mode? I've been seeing it around and I'm not exactly sure what it entails or how it's triggered.

Despite the rampant back and forth on Talim's playstyle right now, it's quite refreshing to see @Kayane going beast mode on her in online matches.

Also, has anyone made sense of Tira's "burning Gloomy" mode? I've been seeing it around and I'm not exactly sure what it entails or how it's triggered.

It activated for me on the final round (when P1 and P2 are both 2-2). Haven't seen it occur any other time. I assume it's a form of Soul Charge (like how Sieg gets all glowy at low health)

After playing it for a while now it’s feels very different to what I’m used to, although the moves are familiar the buttons feel odd.

Plus I’ve noticed the AAA and BBB strings are have a natural delay for some characters and Tira’s B in particular is a RE.
Lag definitely made this more difficult to understand.

However RE needs to be meter bound the amount of spamming is ridiculous lol.
As it eats most offences so a whole match can easily turn into rock paper sissors parade.
They developed it for the casual audience but that’s exactly what’s going to turn them away.
Especially as it seems it’s accessiblity is way easier for some characters than others.

Not gonna lie graphics are a tiny bit disappointing but nothing that incites negativity on the experience.

Once opponents were found and the lag subsided the game is really fun to play.

Which is what matters the most.

But RE sucks and I was a major enthusiast about the new mechanic until I experienced it.

Back