Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I mean, Katzbalger was lastely as Pat exclusive weapon in Lost Swords, so eh?
Counting Lost Swords in for anything canon just seems extremely foolish. The more I hear about it, the more it's just plain wrong in almost every respect.

Consider the following.png

Even though I think Cassy is a sure thing it's worth keeping in mind not to get your hopes up otherwise you will just piss yourself off.

Counting Lost Swords in for anything canon just seems extremely foolish. The more I hear about it, the more it's just plain wrong in almost every respect.
"I don't actually have a argument, so I will simply say the evidence doesn't count"

Saw that part of the live stream thanks to youtube recommending it and as soon as I clicked on it the part with Cass and Sophie was there.
I remember hearing she'd be in the story mode and after seeing how she looks....I need her in this game NOW.
She can be DLC or part of the DLC Season Pass and I'll buy her either way. Hopefully she is an unlockable...but I doubt it. It would be cool if her Hwang, Edgemaster, and Lizardman were unlockable after completing Story Mode.
it would be nice if Cass was an unlockable.

otherwise, she needs to be part of the Season Pass.

Reactions: AJV
I wouldn't say this really counts, though. Valkyrie is a cameo weapon from Valkyrie no Densetsu, not really one or the other's weapon. Even Abelia could use that weapon in SoulCalibur III. Though Cassandra has had it far more often than Sophitia, so she kind of "claimed" it, I guess.

Valkyrie aside, the "Sophitia weapons" have always been Swordbreaker, Fire Blade, Blue Crystal Rod, and Orichalcum, while the "Cassandra weapons" have always been Katzbalger, Ivan the Terrible, Spine Blade, and Dark Blade. They've never swapped these up between each other, so Sophitia suddenly having Katzbalger is weird.

If she is in the game (whether it's DLC or bonus) they may have given Katzbalger to Sophitia while giving Cassandra one of Patroklos' weapons.

Last edited:
"I don't actually have a argument, so I will simply say the evidence doesn't count"
One game being contrived doesn't discount the continuity that the rest of the series has presented up until that point. Lost Swords is a black sheep in more ways than one. It feels like they didn't put a lot of thought into the whole thing, so I wouldn't look to it for referential support.

If she is DLC they may have given Katzbalger to Sophitia while giving Cassandra one of Patroklos' weapons.
It still begs the question why they would do this, when Sophitia still had Fire Blade and Orichalcum to choose from. It's a weird choice. It's even weirder if Cassandra is in and she does get one of either Fire Blade or Orichalcum. It just makes me wonder what they're thinking. Cassandra could have a couple of Patroklos weapons if they decided to reuse them, but she still does have her own weapon library to pull from.

If she is DLC they may have given Katzbalger to Sophitia while giving Cassandra one of Patroklos' weapons.

I'm not going to bother checking what weapons Pat and Pyrrha (however the fuck her name is spelled) had and compare them with Soph and Cass but if any of them were different, it could be true that PS decided to throw in some of the SC5 weapons. Doing that may cause some to shuffle around a bit.

I'm not going to bother checking what weapons Pat and Pyrrha (however the fuck her name is spelled) had and compare them with Soph and Cass but if any of them were different, it could be true that PS decided to throw in some of the SC5 weapons. Doing that may cause some to shuffle around a bit.
You actually spelled her name right without trying, so kudos for that. But Sophitia kept Gladiatrix, Aeneas, and Brave One from Pyrrha, and you could technically count Omega Sword & Elk Shield, too, but Pyrrha took that from Sophitia, so it's more just taking back what was already hers, for that case. This left her three weapon slots, going by the rule of seven, and so she got Swordbreaker and Blue Crystal Rod back from SoulCalibur IV, and then she got Katzbalger, also from SoulCalibur IV, but as was wielded by Cassandra. This would have made sense if Cassandra wasn't to be in the game, as some kind of apologetic olive branch, but if Cassandra is going to be in the game, even as DLC, it's just bizarre.

Let's assume Cassandra keeps Spatha & Scutum, Skull's Horn, and Icicle from Patroklos, while retaining her Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield for her base weapon. Also leaving her three weapon slots, it would be like if, for the last three, she got Ivan the Terrible, Dark Blade, and... Fire Blade, as opposed to getting Spine Blade (or what would have been Katzbalger, as another option), a weapon from her own selection. It's weird that they would do this.

I mean, Katzbalger was lastely as Pat exclusive weapon in Lost Swords, so eh?
Not really important but Sophitia also had it in Lost Swords (I played her using it which is why I listed it myself on the Wikia), it wasn't an exclusive for Pat. In fact, all sword and shield users shared the same weapons.

Anyway.... @DanteSC3 Abelia also used the weapon in SCIII and as someone else mentioned Nightmare has one of Siegfried's weapons. I don't think Sophitia having this weapon really means much. I guess we'll find out what the case is with Cassandra soon :)

You actually spelled her name right without trying, so kudos for that. But Sophitia kept Gladiatrix, Aeneas, and Brave One from Pyrrha, and you could technically count Omega Sword & Elk Shield, too, but Pyrrha took that from Sophitia, so it's more just taking back what was already hers, for that case. This left her three weapon slots, going by the rule of seven, and so she got Swordbreaker and Blue Crystal Rod back from SoulCalibur IV, and then she got Katzbalger, also from SoulCalibur IV, but as was wielded by Cassandra. This would have made sense if Cassandra wasn't to be in the game, as some kind of apologetic olive branch, but if Cassandra is going to be in the game, even as DLC, it's just bizarre.

Let's assume Cassandra keeps Spatha & Scutum, Skull's Horn, and Icicle from Patroklos, while retaining her Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield for her base weapon. Also leaving her three weapon slots, it would be like if, for the last three, she got Ivan the Terrible, Dark Blade, and... Fire Blade, as opposed to getting Spine Blade (or what would have been Katzbalger, as another option), a weapon from her own selection. It's weird that they would do this.

I don't think it's that weird, they just chose to give that weapon to Sophitia. Maybe they thought it suited her more than Cass. It's not that deep.

I personally never cared for that particular weapon anyway, always thought it was her most boring looking weapon (the devs must have thought so too with the amount of revamps it got). Spine Blade, Ivan the Terrible, and Dark blade are her best weapons aesthetically.

Not to play Devil's advocate, but the design and voiced lines could very well be for a planned DLC that was cut later down the line. A unique design in itself isn't worth much. It all depends on who they've settled on for the current DLC lineup.

I still find her more believable than adding a sword-and-shield Lizardman.

--Forgon

it was leaked many months ago that Cass was in sophitia's story....so no surprises here

That's not what has gotten people hyped for Cassandra as DLC, it's the unique attire she's wearing, something that wouldn't be designed for a simple portrait unless you've got further use for it. Hwang being playable in SC6 is up for debate though.

1hwang.jpg

SC6 Hwang.jpg

Back